Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 517794 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I don't think he is, RH...they've been doin' the QB flip....kinda like another team.. :whistling:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
OK, I thought he was injured.  I always liked Ryan.  Great competitor.  good luck.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, and to top that off, no young QB for the future that I can see.  This is why I didn't like them cutting Slotter.  Are they hoping they will luck out in the draft or are they going to get QBs who are veterans later and hope for the best every so many years.  We need a QB that will be us for years, not just for one contract.  good luck.

Maybe Zimm is more like Childress than we'd like to admit.

Brett Favre IS TO Mike Childress
AS
Case Keenuym and Kyle Sloter ARE TO Mike Zimmer

Perhaps neither coach likes gun-slinger quarterbacks.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think I sense an uptick in dissatisfaction with the Vikes here.... :scratch:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
And the season hasn't even started yet!  :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe it's already over!  :scratch:    :doah:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It ain't that bad yet.  I will let you know Sunday late afternoon....

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
It ain't that bad yet.  I will let you know Sunday late afternoon....

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :happy1:  Sure turned out to be a fun game. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Lee sure seems to be noticeably absent??? :scratch: :scratch: :rotflmao: tink he's scared!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya that was a fun game to watch.  Only one game and on we go.  Only 10 passes thrown and that should say something about our offense and how it's changed.  That is the result of Kubiac comming on the team I  believe.  He is huge on the run attack.  Of course our defense was great as usual.  Next week is the cheeseheads on their turf.  Would love to see the Vikings destroy them.  good luck.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
...That is the result of Kubiac comming on the team I  believe.  He is huge on the run attack. ...

It will be interesting to see what happens when the run attack stops working.  Then what?   :confused:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
There was a guest on KFAN this morning that is an NFL expert???    He said what we finally learned is that the less Cousins is involved in the offense the better we will be.  ????  But we will have to use him eventually. 

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
That analysis may be a bit premature given a sample size of 1.

There were plenty of excuses for why Cousins didn't wow us with wins last year despite his gaudy numbers:  bad O-Line, O-Line coach died before the season started, bad O-coordinator hire, Dalvin Cook injuries.  Any QB looks better when there is an effective running game and everything I mentioned conspired against their running attack.

NFL experts also say you generally have to wait for Week 4 before you really know what you have.  There is still time to see if Cousins can translate good throwing statistics into wins.  3 more games to go until we know.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Power ranking in the NFL has the Vikings at no. 3 behind the Patriots and Kansas City.  So they think the Vikings are damn good this year.  To me it's all about injuries at this point.  Remember they hired Kobiak.  The guy is all about the run.  It showed this week.  Once you have a run game established the passing to recievers will be easier.  Last year they knew we had to pass so the defences keyd on that.  Every game.  I go by the last game of the season.  Any NFL team can beat any other NFL team.  Doesn't matter who you play.  This year the coaches know and the players have to get it in their head that each week you play as if it's the super bowl.  We are better this year.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That analysis may be a bit premature given a sample size of 1.

There were plenty of excuses for why Cousins didn't wow us with wins last year despite his gaudy numbers:  bad O-Line, O-Line coach died before the season started, bad O-coordinator hire, Dalvin Cook injuries.  Any QB looks better when there is an effective running game and everything I mentioned conspired against their running attack.

NFL experts also say you generally have to wait for Week 4 before you really know what you have.  There is still time to see if Cousins can translate good throwing statistics into wins.  3 more games to go until we know.

As long is there isn't an uptick in his fumbles, keeping him at the #1 spot in the NFL for them. :rolleyes:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just lookin & their LT Bakhtiari didn't practice yday, back issues. Look out Erin, here comes #'s 97 & 99. ;)  :smiley:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just heard Synikin or however you spell his name.  They guy from GB that is on KFAN a lot.  He just said that if Baktiara doesn't play the Packers will lose.    :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
MEH........the vikings are gonna kick there  :moon: :moon: :happy1: :happy1: no matter who plays or dont. :happy1: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
MEH........the vikings are gonna kick there  :moon: :moon: :happy1: :happy1: no matter who plays or dont. :happy1: :happy1:
So hows come you took the enemy in da pool then? :scratch: :confused:
Just lookin & their LT Bakhtiari didn't practice yday, back issues. Look out Erin, here comes #'s 97 & 99. ;)  :smiley:
Forgot to mention Erin's good buddy # 55. ;) :laugh:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So hows come you took the enemy in da pool then? :scratch: :confused:
Forgot to mention Erin's good buddy # 55. ;) :laugh:
reverse phsycology..............pick the team you dont want to win. especially with a reward if your right........the other teams automaticly wins!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gunner, he just did it to PYO.    ;)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I just heard Synikin or however you spell his name.  They guy from GB that is on KFAN a lot.  He just said that if Baktiara doesn't play the Packers will lose.    :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
Vegas might know somethin we don't :scratch: as GB is still favored by 3. Havta see what they say tomorrow.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
    • The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club and Straight River Archery Club
There was a guest on KFAN this morning that is an NFL expert???    He said what we finally learned is that the less Cousins is involved in the offense the better we will be.  ????  But we will have to use him eventually.

I read or heard that same thing said. I think what they are saying in that, is that they want Cousins to be "a part" of the offense and not have to rely on him to be "the offense"...basically be a game manager and not try to be "the guy". I agree for the most part with this. With all of the capable weapons we have on the offense, just distribute the ball around and make good sound decisions to put points on the board and then let the defense loose to run havoc on the opposing offense to keep their points off the board. I think this is what Zimmer has been wanting from this team since he came here.
The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club-Board Member
Straight River Archery Club-Board Member
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Vegas might know somethin we don't :scratch: as GB is still favored by 3. Havta see what they say tomorrow.
that simply means GB is the home team by the 3 point spread. Based on how each team played last week I can't believe the odds are that close. :crazy:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: Me too, 'specially with their LT hurt. :crazy: Bet Zimmer will have 'em checking to see how healthy he really is, if he's even in there, early. :sleazy: :tut:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well,  :confused: :doofus: :shocked: that's not a good start. :pouty: