Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 517917 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The Jets need Cousins now with their QB's out of action.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
The Jets need Cousins now with their QB's out of action.
the way cousins played.......the vikings would have to PAY the jets to take him!!!!!!!! :confused: :doofus: :surrender: :surrender:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I miss Jeff George.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
i miss ponder!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pouty:
You mean you miss Ponder's wife, don't you? :scratch: ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You mean you miss Ponder's wife, don't you? :scratch: ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:wowza: :sleazy: :sleazy: maybe!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

I know this is a lot of words, but...

2011 was a VERY BAD year to be desperate for a quarterback.
Here are the QBs that were drafted and free agents.
I'm not saying I liked the Ponder pick, but who else would you have wanted instead?

Pretty slim pickins.

Quarterbacks Drafted in 2011

Round 1, 1st pick -  Cam Newton (Panthers)
Round 1, 8th pick - Jake Locker (Titans)
Round 1, 10th pick - Blaine Gabbert (Jaguars)
Round 1, 12th pick - Christian Ponder (Vikes)
Round 2, 35th pick - Andy Dalton (Bengals)
Round 2, 36th pick - Colin Kaepernick (49ers)
Round 3, 74th pick - Ryan Mallett (Patriots)
Round 5, 135th pick - Ricky Stanzi (Chiefs)
Round 5, 152nd pick - T.J. Yates (Texans)
Round 5, 160th pick - Nathan Enderle (Bears)
Round 6, 180th pick - Tyrod Taylor (Ravens)
Round 7, 208th pick - Gred McElroy (Jets)

Free Agents Available

Peyton Manning, QB, Colts. Age: 35.  Re-signed with Colts (5 years, $90 million)
Michael Vick, QB Eagles. Age: 31.  Franchised by Eagles
Matt Hasselbeck, QB, Seahawks. Age: 35.  Signed with Titans (3 years, $21 million)
Caleb Hanie (RFA), QB, Bears. Age: 25.  Re-signed with Bears (1 year)
Vince Young, QB, Titans. Age: 28.  Signed with Eagles (1 year)
Marc Bulger, QB, Ravens. Age: 35.  Announced retirement
Billy Volek, QB, Chargers. Age: 35.  Re-signed with Chargers (2 years)
Alex Smith, QB, 49ers. Age: 27.  Re-signed with 49ers (1 year, $5 million)
Bruce Gradkowski, QB, Raiders. Age: 28.  Signed with Bengals (2 years)
Luke McCown, QB, Jaguars. Age: 30.  Re-signed with Jaguars (1 year)
Seneca Wallace, QB, Browns. Age: 31.  Re-signed with Browns (3 years, $9 million)
Kerry Collins, QB, Titans. Age: 38.  Signed with Colts
Tarvaris Jackson, QB, Vikings. Age: 28.  Signed with Seahawks
    (Decent backup quarterback in the NFL. No one aside from Brad Childress thinks he can start.)
Troy Smith, QB, 49ers. Age: 27. 
Chad Pennington, QB, Dolphins. Age: 35.
Dennis Dixon (RFA), QB, Steelers. Age: 26.  -- Tendered by Steelers
Derek Anderson, QB, Cardinals. Age: 28.  -- Signed with Panthers
Drew Stanton, QB, Lions. Age: 27.  -- Re-signed with Lions (1 year)
Pat Devlin, QB, Delaware. Age: 23.  -- Signed with Dolphins
Nate Davis, QB, Colts. Age: 24.
Rex Grossman, QB, Redskins. Age: 31.  -- Re-signed with Redskins
Jim Sorgi, QB, Giants. Age: 30.
Matt Moore, QB, Panthers. Age: 27.  -- Signed with Dolphins (2 years)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Steve O that is a fun list to Ponder.  LOL  I forgot all of those guys were in the same year. 

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Been listening to P.A. and his analysis of the QB play.  I might have to back away from some of my rhetoric.

Specifically, although that last pass was inexcusable, Kirk is also doing many of the small things right.  He is still a work in progress - which is sad to say for a QB in his 8th year, but he is our work in progress.

Probably best to wait until after Week 4 to see what we got or who he is this season.  The Raiders should be a win - if the team doesn't look past them, and the Bears will be a touch road division test.  I guess it isn't any time to panic if you loose two road games to your toughest division rivals, but the best teams find a way to win some of those.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I like listening to PA also.  Don't think Cousins will make a stupid play like that again.  Will he make some bad throws, sure, but that one wasn't just a bad throw it was [like he said himself] something that should never happen.  Ya we should beat Oakland [should].  I don't think much of the Bears offense this year so far but their defense is good.  Zimmer and Spielman have their butts on the line also this season.  good luck.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
for it wasnt the play that botherd me but the dick who called it. 1st and goal, and a pass play, after they ground pounded it all the way ther. com on! pound it it cook woulda scored!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
What Boar said.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
for it wasnt the play that botherd me but the dick who called it. 1st and goal, and a pass play, after they ground pounded it all the way ther. com on! pound it it cook woulda scored!
I didn't see an issue with it. :laughroll: :snow5: :nerd: :nerd:after all I won!! :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Do we know who called the play??? Offensive cordinator or Cousins?  :crazy: :angry2:good luck.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The call didn't bother me.  Some work some don't.  BUT to throw it to a double covered man who you can't even see he is covered so good is idiotic.  A rookie I could see doing it but not an 8 year veteran.  It wasn't the last play of the game.  It was first down.  We had 3 more chances from the 8 yard line.  Until Cousins put his touch on it. 
« Last Edit: September 09/18/19, 04:32:21 PM by LPS »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Barry has a good point.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
No, the play call was fine.  The problem is the pass rusher did NOT bite on the play-action run fake.  He just kept coming.  It was just good defense.  Throw the ball away and play another down; situational football.

After the game Cousins took full responsibility for his error.  It reminded me of a Christian Ponder post game press conference.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ponder also was very intelligent, just not too football intelligent.  Wrong line of work for both of them.  But Kirk got the money.
« Last Edit: September 09/19/19, 08:36:23 AM by LPS »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
We came back largely because of the run.  Mattison is averaging 5 yards per run.  CJ Ham could of made a few yards as well.  first down and on the 8 in my opinion should have been a run an a couple of downs.  You don't throw to a guy who was well covered like that.  But that's part of being a fan, you can praise when things are going well and complain about it when things go sour.  I'll be on the edge of my couch on Sunday.  Usually I don't start with a beer or cocktail at noon but after the 1st quarter last Sunday I told my wife I need a cocktail right now LOL.  good luck.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I did the same thing RH.  It's the stress.  LOL  I am looking forward to the game but guarded about it.  Of course the sports guys on the radio are laughing about what if in the last few seconds of the game Carlson kicks it through for a win for Oakland.  I would laugh too even though I want the Vikes to win of course. 

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Carlson actually missed a field goal today, but he is doing great with the Raiders and I'm happy for him.  Even Zimmer said "We probably pulled the plug too soon on him".  I had to work today so I only got to watch the end of the 3rd quarter and all of the 4th.  They looked good today.  the run game was great and our defense played solid for the most part.  Cook is a awesome RB.  Mattison is looking good also.  Our O line playing well also.  So it's the Bears next Sunday at 3:30 pm at the Bears.  Good luck.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I see where they're sayin Beebe could miss quite a bit of time with torn ligaments in his ankle  :sad: so they've re-signed Treadwell. No surgery planned for now, going to look at it  again in a week & go from there. No word yet on who'll take over returning punts.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I read that we have to pay him for this year whether he plays or not.  May as well use him.  I hope he does great. 

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
I see where they're sayin Beebe could miss quite a bit of time with torn ligaments in his ankle  :sad: so they've re-signed Treadwell. No surgery planned for now, going to look at it  again in a week & go from there. No word yet on who'll take over returning punts.

:reporter; Never frettttt..... :tut:
"Da bears" will return yer punts....After day strip da ball from yer punt returner! :blues brothers:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
AND Like Greg Coleman said "don't have a receiver be a snap holder.  If they get hurt you lose 2 positions.  That's exactly what we did.  Actually 3 as he ran back kicks too. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
HEY!!!  the Vikes brought back Marcus Sherels.   :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:  That is great news.  Chicago may as well not even show up now.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
And I was saying Sunday I wished they wouldn't have signed this great talent away....he's back!!!  Yay!   :happy1: :dancinred:

Rochester native Marcus Sherels has been re-signed by the Minnesota Vikings. The 31-year-old Sherels is the franchise's all-time leading punt returning.

EAGAN — The Vikings on Tuesday brought back some familiar faces.

That includes Rochester John Marshall and University of Minnesota graduate Marcus Sherels.

Due to an ankle injury to Chad Beebe, the Vikings re-signed wide receiver Laquon Treadwell, who was waived on Aug. 31, and brought back punt returner Sherels, who played with them from 2010-18.

To make room on the roster, the Vikings placed Beebe on injured reserve and waived linebacker Devante Downs.

Beebe suffered an ankle injury in Sunday’s 34-14 victory over the Oakland Raiders, and a source said an MRI revealed he has torn ligaments. Surgery might not be needed, but Beebe must miss at least at least eight weeks while he is on injured reserve.

Sherels was not offered a contract by the Vikings when he became a free agent last spring. He signed a one-year deal with the New Orleans Saints, but was waived at the end of the preseason and an injury settlement was reached. Sherels is now healthy.

Beebe was the Vikings’ No. 3 receiver and their punt returner. Treadwell will provide depth at receiver and Sherels, who also plays cornerback, will return to the role in which he has excelled.

The 31-year-old Sherels is tied for first in Vikings franchise history with a 10.4 yard career punt-return average (208 for 2,171 yards) and holds the franchise record with five career punt return touchdowns. He ranked second in the league from 2012-15 with 1,230 punt return yards and was tied for second in that same four-year span with three punt return scores.

Treadwell, a first-round draft pick in 2016, underachieved in his first three seasons with the Vikings, making just just 56 catches for 517 yards in 31 games.

However, Treadwell knows the system and could fit right back in with the Vikings, who are short on receivers. The only other healthy receivers on the roster are starters Adam Thielen and Stefon Diggs, and rookie Bisi Johnson.

Treadwell is expected to practice Wednesday and be in uniform for Sunday’s game at Chicago. He is a native of Crete, Ill., a Chicago suburb.

Beebe was hurt with 3:14 left in the third quarter Sunday when he was called for an illegal block above the waist on Raiders linebacker Vontaze Burfict. He was limping after the play and then replaced by Johnson.

Treadwell had an amicable departure from the Vikings last month. He told the Pioneer Press then he was impressed with how Vikings general manager Rick Spielman handled his exit.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 09/24/19, 04:14:45 PM by Rebel SS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard 1 of the TV guys say that when 1 of our O lineman(Kline(?)) got hurt early on Sunday & had to leave the field that the player replacing him was 1 of only 2 subs we had for that position then. I'm not sure :scratch: if that is 'cause of injuries or depth of the roster but that will NEVER make it very far during the season. :doah: The last 2-3 seasons over 1/2 of our starters there have been out before the season is 1/2 done. :bonk: :tut:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya that doesn't sound like very good depth at all.