Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 518079 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
 :nerd:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya....say what?  :confused:  :bonk:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
https://sports.yahoo.com/cfl-quarterback-claims-rejected-vikings-172728990.html

say what????

Typical Vikings.  Typical NFL.

Spielman says, "I paid Kirk $84 Mil, therefore he is better than you (Bo Levi Mitchell), because I can't be wrong, until they fire me, and then its still Kirk's fault and not mine, because he is the one who sucked, not me."

Wasn't that also a problem with Ponder?  Weren't they afraid to have a legitimate quarterback competition because they were afraid they'd shatter his confidence?  Or was that Bridgewater?  I forget.

This is the hallmark of a wussie front office.  Spielman is gone after this year and - for good or ill - they'll send Zimm packing with him.

And that doesn't necessarily mean that Kubiak will automatically be the next coach either.  When they get a new GM, that guy usually gets to pick his own head coach.  If not, that tells you the disfunction in the organization goes all the way to ownership.

Good luck.  There is only 1 3/4 seasons left in the Kirk Cousins era.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Any good organization would have given him the job since he said "I'm gonna take his job".  That is what a good applicant should say.  I was hired for a job out of many applicants once because I said when asked what I saw as my future if hired, I said, "I want your job". to the Supervisor.  They smiled and I got the job.  Was there for 11 years and enjoyed it.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, we had a guy who was interviewed and I was the meat manager so they sent him to me  after they talked to him to see what I thought.  I asked him if he would like to be a meat manager down the line or soon if a opening came up.  He said no, I don't want to be a part of management.  He said I like to come here, punch in, and given a meat list to cut for the day and get it done.  I told the store manager to hire him.  I have seen too many wana be managers in my time that just don't pan out.

He turned out to be one of the best workers they ever had.  Never a problem and worked his arse off every day.  I liked his honesty and work ethic.  Down the line we see guy's who can step up.  But they also have to have that same work ethics.  Kind of like football.

I'm just a couch potato "expert" and follow the Vikings only for the most part.  I like the guy's attitude saying I would go there and take Kirk's job.  Great attitude but he has to prove himself just like any other back up.  If it's true that the Viking guy say's no, no, no we don't want that.  Well that's the wrong thing to say.  It's not often a back up QB takes over the starting job coming to camp.  It take's years or a bad injury.  So good attitude but not reality.  Not defending Cousins but he had awesome stats last year.   Still we didn't go all the way.  What would he do if we had a O line like the Patriots and the same great recievers we have now along with our running backs.  None of what we are saying now would be the same.  It's not about one guy, it's about the whole team, coaches and staff.  It's early, 2 and 2.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well put, RH!  :happy1: And I agree... I found the "show dogs" to be the ones that couldn't do and didn't WANT to do the real work. Buncha whiners. I hate crybaby's.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Well,  it looks like Diggs got fined by the Vikings for missing practice and meetings.  Press asked Zimmer if he will play this Sunday.  He said we will see.  They asked Zimm how he looked in practice.  Zimm said I have to look at the tape.  So it continues.  When is the trading deadline anyway?  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ahh....so he'll miss more, they'll fine him again.....reasons on both sides to now fly the coop.
That's the way I see it. Set it up; give yerself an excuse. Bye-bye birdie.
« Last Edit: October 10/04/19, 05:37:48 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
So they still have time with Diggs.  Oct. 29th at 4pm is the deadline for trades.  I hope if they trade him it will be a team that will have a poor record and demand a 1st round draft pic for him.  If not a 1st round pick then they should get a couple of established O lineman and draft picks.  His attitude should not be accepted if he keeps this up.  Fining him won't make him a happy camper.  good luck.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
So they still have time with Diggs.  Oct. 29th at 4pm is the deadline for trades.  I hope if they trade him it will be a team that will have a poor record and demand a 1st round draft pic for him.  If not a 1st round pick then they should get a couple of established O lineman and draft picks.  His attitude should not be accepted if he keeps this up.  Fining him won't make him a happy camper.  good luck.
We all know who usually ends up gettin these guys, the team everybody loves....................to hate. B & B/NE & they never give up high draft picks for 'em. :tut: I still say that with Diggs's contract that Zimmer & maybe Speilman are both more likely gone before he is.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just heard 1 of their (ESPN Sportcenter) experts, Louis Riddick a former NFL player & front office guy, say that the Vikings are not utilizing the guys who are getting most of the $. He went on to say that if the HC, OC, & GM aren't all all the same page :tut: something needs to & will change, especailly if they lose to the Giants. :sad:  The Wilfs will not be happy. :angry2:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Boy he's got that right!!  Read yesterday about the Vikes trading to get Foles who was available in the draft when we got Ponder I believe he said..  Or Josh Rosen I have also heard as a target for the Vikes too.  Now everyone is calling the Vikes for trades with Diggs. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
If they trade him, I think :scratch: I might turn into a NE fan.  :tut: :sad:  :mad1: Maybe even a Bears fan or worse of all a GB fan.  :rolleyes: :pouty:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
How can you speak such debauchery and filth?! This is a wholesome family site!!!  :censored:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
See, even the fans are on the verge of a revolt.   :sleazy:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
We all know who usually ends up gettin these guys, the team everybody loves....................to hate. B & B/NE & they never give up high draft picks for 'em. :tut: I still say that with Diggs's contract that Zimmer & maybe Speilman are both more likely gone before he is.

I don't think draft pics would be the choice with NE.  They would be low pics in any round since they have such great winning records.  If it would be them it would be players since they have so many good ones in my opinion.  If the vikings want a no. 1 pick they would trade him to teams like Miami for example.  They got till Oct. 29 to decide if at all.  Who knows Diggs and Thielen may get a lot of passes today since I heard that the Giants defensive backs are terrible.  good luck.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I will stop watching football before I become a packers fan.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That would be a tough pill to swallow.  I like John Deere tractors but don't want my favorite NFL team being the same color as a tractor. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Wait a minute.....what's purple? Oh ya, the team coach. Goofy grape.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 10/06/19, 09:49:20 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
See, even the fans are on the verge of a revolt.   :sleazy:
  :happy1: Been a diehard Viking fan since I was young but they are workin on making me change my mind. :bonk: :tut: :angry2:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Really hard :scratch: for me to believe that the way Miami is tankin in order to get the top pick that they would be willin to trade away a #1. Now 1 of the 3 teams(NYJ, Broncos, & Cinn) that are trying to win but can't, I might believe. :rolleyes:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We should win this game handily.  Kurt Warner said all of the Vikings fans will be happy after this game.  He said we will see 275 yards passing and about 28 passes today. Will make everyone happy. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We should win this game handily.  Kurt Warner said all of the Vikings fans will be happy after this game.  He said we will see 275 yards passing and about 28 passes today. Will make everyone happy. 
:happy1: Cousins has that at 1/2 time. What a difference, the Offense has been on the field most of the 1/2. :cool:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Really hard :scratch: for me to believe that the way Miami is tankin in order to get the top pick that they would be willin to trade away a #1. Now 1 of the 3 teams(NYJ, Broncos, & Cinn) that are trying to win but can't, I might believe. :rolleyes:
:scratch: Forgot that the Skins & Cards are in the same boat. :bonk:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I missed the second half....Gunner, ya got a synopsis? Anyone? Bueller?  ;)
« Last Edit: October 10/06/19, 03:18:20 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Second half we played well, especially the defense.  Giants had good chances to score but they screwed them pretty much themselves with the help of our defense.  Great game.  Thielen was the star of the game with Cook tied right there with him.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks, RH! How'd we do on penalties today?