Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 517858 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sure was! I was in total disbelief when it actually happened. Some of the Packers fans I knew were in absolute tears, literally. They went so far as to tear down their Brett Favre shrines in their basements!  :rotflmao:

I still about puke though when I hear these TV guys gushing about what a great guy Sean Payton is. He should've been kicked out of the NFL for good after all the BS the Saints pulled in that playoff game! That may be OK for ultimate fighting but it has no place in the NFL. Then when he's the same guy who gets whacked on some missed calls in a playoff game himself, he whines like a baby and gets pass interference rules changed. :confused: Those changes have made some of these games almost unwatchable with all the replays, delays, thumb twiddling, etc.  :bs: If all we're going to do is watch replays, I have better things to do. Like watch a replay of the entire Gophers game!  :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
 Viking Jim Marshall ran the wrong way 55 years ago this week  :pouty:

In this week's installment of "Wayback Wednesday," Tracy Briggs shares the story of a Minnesota Vikings player who became famous for running to the wrong end zone after recovering a fumble.

:coffee: Article.....
https://www.jamestownsun.com/sports/football/4734079-Viking-Jim-Marshall-ran-the-wrong-way-55-years-ago-this-week

:doah: Video..... click on da watch on You Tube feature

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWrUiRvvBmw
« Last Edit: October 10/23/19, 11:23:15 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Poor guy.  He ain't gonna live that one down.  LOL  Hope he has a good sense of humor.  At least we got 2 pts as a safety and they had to kick the ball to us. 

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I remember that it happened but never saw it.  In the battle of the game I guess anything can happen.  He will remember that the rest of his life.  But more than that he can remember being one of the best of the Vikings defense of all time as well.  good luck.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Thielen rulled out for tomorrows game against the skins.  No surprise to me.  Why play him.  We should rule that game.  But you never know it's the NFL and anything can happen but I think we will win and go 6 and 2.  good luck.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yah, hopefully it is not a repeat of the Bills game last year.  :pouty:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Viking Jim Marshall ran the wrong way 55 years ago this week

I heard some interesting Jim Marshall stories on the radio a year or so ago.  I think it was Chuck Foreman telling them, but I could be wrong.  I hate to misquote. 

Jim Marshall was the undisputed team leader on defense and in training camp.  And Bud Grant was pleased to let Jim serve in this capacity.  If someone needed to "get away" from training camp for a few hours and was going to sneak back in after curfew, they cleared it with Jim first.  When it was time to break camp in Mankato and head to Eden Prairie, Jim started the vehicle convoy by pulling out a .45 Colt and shooting it in the air. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well that game wasn't pretty but we came out with a win.  That's the main thing. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I would have to agree
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Any of you guys catch ex-Vikings offensive lineman, Alex Boone, trash Adrian Peterson on the radio.  Here is a link to the article.  It is short and worth a look if you didn't hear Boone's quotes.

Ex-Viking Alex Boone Rips 'Self-Centered' Adrian Peterson's Attitude

After that, it was interesting - maybe even instructive - to observe which current Vikings sought out Adrian Peterson after the game for hugs, congratulations, and photo ops.  Clearly Peterson was/is a polarizing player.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, I read that about Boone's comments and if true it doesn't bode well for Peterson.  Correct me if I'm wrong but [I didn't check back ] but didn't the undefeated 49rs win against the skins 9 to 0??  The skins have a good defense and it showed last night.  Could have been a lot tighter if Keenum stayed in the game.  That rookie QB of there's is not ready to be a starter.  So we scored 10 more points than the 49rs did.

I was expecting a lot  more scoring from us but didn't know anything about their defense.  Our defense played well with an exception of a few missed play's.  Rhodes made a stupid penalty in the game .  So obvious that anyone could of called that on him.  He needs to play smarter.  Our kicker nailed it for us.  And for the first time we never had to punt the ball.  I also have to say that Zimmer made a bad call in our 40 yard line going for a 1st down on the 4th down play.  Glad our defense held.  good luck.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
they  also need to do something about ELFLIENS HOLDING!!!!!!!! :confused: :confused: :doofus:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, I read that about Boone's comments and if true it doesn't bode well for Peterson. 

That's what I thought, but when I saw how many folks warmed up to Peterson after the game, it was clearly not the case.

Again Peterson IS polarizing; whether you criticize him for what he did to his son (while getting paid for not playing the whole year) or praise him for his overall hall of fame rushing career.

Clearly teammates from Peterson's glory days came to his defense and new Vikings stars like Cook and Diggs also seem to hold him in high regard.  It think it has something to do with the mentality of professional athletes in a skill positions.  They HAVE to think they are the best and this is a thought process that does not fit into my simple, lunch pail, work-a-day brain.  It is clear Cook and Diggs have something in common with Peterson and maybe I have something in common with Boone (which certainly isn't athletic prowess).

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
they  also need to do something about ELFLIENS HOLDING!!!!!!!! :confused: :confused: :doofus:

I didn't see the plays, but I heard one call on the radio.  Pete Bursich made a comment after one of them where he said Randal McDaniel make a career out of taking out defensive linemen in a similar fashion.  He didn't see anything wrong with it and that it was a ticky-tack call.  However, if the refs are going to consistently throw the flag, he will have to adjust.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
A lot of them were legit. It was like a broken record, stalling drives and keeping them out of the end zone. "Holding, #65". He's digressed especially since he got injured. Must be the pay cut he took since he left Ohio St.!  :happy1:
« Last Edit: October 10/25/19, 01:19:51 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard the interview with Boone.  I think it is probably right on point too.  I can see athletes admiring Adrian's toughness but he is not the brightest bulb on the tree.  Adrian was taught as a little kid that he had to take the ball and run or he would probably get a whipping from his Dad if he didn't do well.  And that if he "done good" everyone loved him. (And his Dad looked good too)  That is all he knows and how sad that is.  Now as he is getting old it must be hard for him to wonder what he will do when football is over for him. 

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

I hate effin holding too! To many effin holding calls on this team!  :tut:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I am not defending Adrian in any way neither.  All of the kids he has is very low class if not worse.  They joked today on the radio that some athlete (I didn't catch who it was) took some time off cuz his wife was having a baby.  Paternity Leave.  SO what if Adrian utilized that?  He would have been gone for half a season with all of the kids being born from him.  LOL And now he is out of money so he is actually working for a paycheck that he needs..  Sorry situation all the way around for Adrian.  He went through millions of dollars and probably doesn't even own his house free and clear. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
 :clap:

and whipping his kids........
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so I hear a Viking player was arrested for 4th degree DWI and carrying with out a permit..  I think Jayron?? 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Darn it...

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so I hear a Viking player was arrested for 4th degree DWI and carrying with out a permit..  I think Jayron??
yep....according to  the #4 website......JERON Kearse. to bad I liked watching him.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
« Last Edit: October 10/27/19, 11:05:52 AM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
there ya go Glenn read the name!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Look out! He'll call ya "picky wicky"!  And that, comin' from a dinky winky.... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
whatever...…. :pouty: :pouty: picky wicky dolittle!!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yep....according to  the #4 website......JERON Kearse. to bad I liked watching him.

I didn't send the one above!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

:popcorn: