Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 517957 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I didn't name him offensive player of the month. :mooning: :mooning: :tut:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :doah: Sure looked like you :evil: had fun pointing that out to Lee though. :shocked: :nerd: :nerd:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I have to agree with Bobber in that they gave up way too many big plays on defense. That long run was made without anyone hardly puttin a hand on him & at least a couple of the long passes to Hill were when there was nobody around.  :bonk: Granted Cousin looked bad especially early on but he ended up with 3 TD's & if the ground game does anything that's usually enough. They didn't change the game plan for running the ball quick enough either IMO but kept tryin to run right at their 9 man front & that didn't work from the get go. They should have let Cook run out wide to better use his speed, preferably away from Elflien's side. Even with as bad as they looked I thought they were going to pull it out of their backside until the 27 yard shanked punt. :doah: :pouty:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
...  AND Cousins is not the QB for us.  ...  He should retire, give us some money back and go and be a Sunday School teacher.  ...  I just think he would be great with kids and showing them how to be nice people.

Good QBs are hard to find.  I'm still waiting to see which free agent QB would have been a better option.  It wasn't Case K.  It might have been Teddy B. - he did well enough for New Orleans in relief of Brees - but the book won't be written on Teddy until he is the starter for a new team and plays a full season.  Otherwise, drafting rookie QBs is as much of a crap shoot as ever.  You can't say what the answer is until AFTER you have it.

Still, I think its funny how our sports teams end up with "Minnesota Nice" stars.  I'm thinking that Kirk Cousins, Joe Mauer, and Zach Parise could host their own Holiday Special on WCCO.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yup, great team loss. Defensive secondary has become a liability. Anthony Harris got faked out of his jock and fell on his @$$ on that touchdown run. He has to make that play. He's paid to do that. Never been a big Tre Waynes fan and he continues to get his backside burned when he doesn't get called for interference. Rhodes is a half step slower than he was last year. Smith is still stud but he can't do everything back there to cover for others sloppy play. When he came in free on that blitz late in the game Moore must've about crapped. Cousins bad throws in the first half, not good. Guy can play but he doesn't always execute up to his big $$$$ contract. O line continues to stink. Elflein needs to go back to Ohio St. to learn how to block or get traded to Green Bay where holding is allowed. Only bright spot was the defensive line. They deserved better from their teammates.

Was a pleasure watching the Fudge get beat tho. They still get by with more holding than any other team I know. Refs: Here's a clue. When a defensive lineman with a full head of steam comes to a momentary stop when he's blown by the offensive lineman, guess what just happened? How the refs don't see it or why they choose to ignore it is beyond me.  :confused: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The article I read blamed most of the offensive problems on Stefanski, sayin he didn't follow Kubiak's game plan very well. :tut:  Just a little better run game in the 1st 1/2 would've helped Cousins a lot IMO by opening up a lot of the play action stuff they like to do too.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The article I read blamed most of the offensive problems on Stefanski, sayin he didn't follow Kubiak's game plan very well.

Not slamming you, Gunner, but which article did you read?  I'd like to look at it too.

Hearing how tight-lipped NFL coaching staffs are, I'd be hard pressed to believe anyone in the media REALLY knew what Kubiak's game plan was or if Stefanski followed it or not (unless some player or coach threw Stefanski under the bus off the record).  The player's still have to execute the plays Kubiak wants them to execute.  And if they don't, I'd imagine its Stefanski's job to figure out something on the fly that will work.  And you gotta believe Kubiak is on the headset too.

I'm dubious of the article, that's all I'm saying.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just heard a guest call in to KFAN and he said the Vikes need to have Rhodes cover big tight ends like Kelse.  Kelse isn't fast but is strong and I agree that it would have been great to have Rhodes shadow him. He is big and strong but not as fast as he used to be.  Have faster guys cover the outside. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Had to do some digging Steve-o but I found it again. The title of the article is "Vikings Offense Stalls in KC: Game Notes", it's in The Dailynorseman & looks like the author is some wludford.  Check it out & I agree Kubiak has constant input on every play called. :scratch:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just heard a guest call in to KFAN and he said the Vikes need to have Rhodes cover big tight ends like Kelse.  Kelse isn't fast but is strong and I agree that it would have been great to have Rhodes shadow him. He is big and strong but not as fast as he used to be.  Have faster guys cover the outside. 
Heard 1 of the guys doing the game mention this too yday when they made 1 of their key 1st downs late LPS. They lined Kelce up outside like a WR & that put a much smaller, 5' 11" - 185 lbs, Mackensie Alexander on him. Kelce goes 6' 5" - 260 #'s, he just turned right in front of the DB & caught the pass. DB couldn't even reach the ball.  :confused:
« Last Edit: November 11/04/19, 03:47:29 PM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure hope that those 3 plays Thielen played Sunday doesn't set him back too far. We need him out there. They are gonna have to play a lot better than they did the last game to beat the Cowboys on Sunday night

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure hope that those 3 plays Thielen played Sunday doesn't set him back too far. We need him out there. They are gonna have to play a lot better than they did the last game to beat the Cowboys on Sunday night
hey........Treadwell did good!!!!!!!! :smoking: :sleazy: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
hey........Treadwell did good!!!!!!!! :smoking: :sleazy: :happy1:
I know! That's when I knew we were really in trouble though :scratch:, he was our leading receiver at 1/2 time. :shocked:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I would like to see him turn the corner and become a great receiver.   :confused:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I didn't watch the game until the second half.  I agree With the coments above.  Could someone tell me why the Vikings called that one time out in the second half that just didn't make sense to me.  Still confused what happend.  Seemed like the defense was doing a good job and then that time out by Zimmer maybe?  I was attacked by grandkids during this and didn't get the why.  All I know is I was pizzed off.  good luck.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya that that pizzed me off too.  I heard on the radio that Rhodes was playing on the side of the field by the coach and he put up his hands like, what am I supposed to do now?  Then Zim called it.  I think Zim maybe over thinking things and now he has the D confused....   This has happened before.  Nice to hear you were having fun with the Grandkids RH....   :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Well, I didn't get it either, guys.  :confused:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks LPS.  Didn't Rhodes get pulled from the game in the second half?  I thought he did but could be wrong.  He is just not worth the money he is getting paid this year.  good luck.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
He may have.  They should have had him cover Kelce the whole game.  I think Rhodes is good covering the big guys that aren't so fast.  He is a fighter. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
He may have.  They should have had him cover Kelce the whole game.  I think Rhodes is good covering the big guys that aren't so fast.  He is a fighter.
Yea if he don't get caught and called for holding. :confused: :doofus:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea if he don't get caught and called for holding. :confused: :doofus:
Just like holding on the O line, they can call that  :bs: on EVERY play if they want. :rolleyes: Ref's discretion on both, they may call something on 1 play & let the same thing go on the next. Did hear 1 announcer say earlier this season though that Rhodes had the most penalties per times thrown at of anybody in the league. Not sure :scratch: he really has changed how he plays, as he's always been a physical type player, as much as it's that the refs have changed the way they call it & he hasn't adjusted to that. :sad:
« Last Edit: November 11/06/19, 05:33:50 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Another 1 they were talkin about the other day was the new rule where the coach can challenge a play that no PI was called on but he thinks there was some. I'm not sure how many times they've been asked to review it this season but they haven't overturned the original call even once this season so far. :scratch: :bonk:  :thumbs: :pouty:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Going back to that time out call.  According to a fan on facebook on the Viking page it was on 3rd down and the Viking defense rushed the QB  and caused a fumble by the KC QB Moore. and it was at that moment Zimmer called the time out when we could have recovered that fumble.  It was the fans on that page that said that time out sealed the game for KC.  Just like going for a first down on fourth down  in our own end.  Stupid.  Don't like it when it's the coaches that help cause a loss for the team.  I think at that moment the defense had momentum and that stupid time out let some air out of that mementum.  That's twice now that Zimmer made stupid calls.  good luck.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya I'm kind of worried about ol Zimmy.  I have liked the guy but his half of the team has cost us some games.  I was mad at Cousins but the O put up 23 points.  The D gave up 24.  SO who's fault was it?  The Green Bay game we finally scored some points but the D already gave up 21 points early in the first half.  Who's fault was that?   He needs to worry about his own half and leave the whole O to someone else and quit calling time outs. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just read about how Odell Beckman Jr is frustrated in Cleveland.  We all knew that would happen.  Do you think he has matured and would fit with Cousins as a Viking?  Would he get along with Diggsy and Theilen.  It just may work in a weird way.  I don't want a diva, Diggsy is enough.  BUT just maybe it would work.  Like this Sunday at Dallas....   I know that wouldn't happen BUT!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
They will need to play a lot better on both sides of the ball to win this week & I expect they will. The Boys played pretty well in their last game so I'm hopin they can't do it 2 weeks in a row. It would be a big W for us.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
As I have mentioned before we are getting the big screw job on this schedule.  4 out of our last 7 games are at night.  That is BS and noone else has such a bad schedule as us.  Stefanski said the team doesn't like it neither.  Sit and wait all day and he said the clock is in slow motion as they wait to play the game. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ijust realized from watching the Vikes Gameplan on TV.   All of the away games that we play the rest of the year are the night games.  Talk about a rigged deal against us.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Nite games suck. I don't know about the pros and the stadiums, but when I played city league and we had nite games, I hated it. Try to see that ball in the air against the glare of lights...sure glad I wasn't a receiver.
« Last Edit: November 11/10/19, 10:56:24 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
City League???  You mean badminton?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: