Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 518440 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Don't you and Del have some cheesecake to souse up?  :moon:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Most complete game they've played in a some time.  :happybounce: :party1: Rudolph had a big game, the 1st TD catch was awesome. :cool: Cook was big running the ball & on the screens as well. D had a great game too stoppin Zeke. They didn't seem to miss Wayans that much either as Hughes had a good game after he settled down.  :Clap:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Quite a few guys who don't normally see that many minutes had good games too. Dozier played well after Kline went out, Mattison was great when Cook needed a break, & Smith was good at TE as well. The young guy, Jaleel Johnson who's from U of I by the way, who played most of Joseph's minutes had a really good game too. :cool: :party3:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya that was a fun game.  I too thought the O line did good.  Cousins moving instead of standing still helps them a lot I think.  Great to see this win without some key players in. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Another 1 who had a big game & doesn't get much recognition is our FB, C J Ham. :applause: He might still be tryin to get that silver & blue paint off his helmet.  ;) :happy1:
« Last Edit: November 11/12/19, 01:49:22 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Seen somewhere that Joseph had knee surgery a week ago yday. Hope he's not out too long, he's a rock in the middle of the D line. Haven't hear much on Thielen either. :scratch:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
CHICAGO BEARS  :bow:

BEARS :blues brothers:
Sun, Dec 29

1:00 PM ET

AT......

MINNESOTA VIKINGS  :thumbs:

"Da Day Dat shall live in infamy.!" 

As da walking wounded Bears defeat dem over confident Vikings

You Guys Kin "Kiss Yer  :moon: Good Buy" :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: November 11/16/19, 11:09:47 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Someone said the next few games are all nite games.... :scratch:  I see tomorrow's is at noon....

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
After this game and the by week, of the remaining 5 games, 3 of those will be night games and 3 of those will be home games.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ohh...thanks, RH.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I see where Harris didn't practice late this week & is out too. Kearse is expected to fill that spot. So that makes 4 starters out(Thielen, Joseph, & Kline) as well for today. The backup center went down during practice too this week & is out for the season. He was expected to see some minutes at Klines spot today. Hope they keep it together today & that the bye week can't get here quick enough.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, Denver's banged and bungled up, too. Flacco's out, and their backup Q, too. They've  had a lousy season so far. BUT, Denver, with the ol' BEARS De coordinator, Fangio, which always gave the Vike's probs, Cousin's either best get some great blocking or learn to roll and run.... :rolleyes: Could be an interesting game. I'm looking for lotsa penalties...
« Last Edit: November 11/17/19, 08:52:47 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: Been pretty good when he's rolling out lately. Easier for the O line too IMO. :cool:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: Been pretty good when he's rolling out lately. Easier for the O line too IMO. :cool:

There's the key phrase...."lately". Could be an interesting game!  :smiley:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Wow. Just wow. That had to be the most putrid first half performance by a Vikings football team I've watched since the days of Les Steckel. They just phoned it in. Toss in yet another haphazard flag happy officiating crew and this game is practically unwatchable unless of course you're a Bronco's fan. Shoveling screenings at my buddy's place this morning was a blast compared to that.  :sad:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
$#@! dang it!!! I had in my head it was a NITE game, just tuned in...  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
It's like Twins baseball Rebs. You can watch it live again tomorrow... :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
It's like Twins baseball Rebs. You can watch it live again tomorrow... :rotflmao:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Ya, I......wait, why would I want to?  :scratch:      :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:bump:    :whistling:

Well, Denver's banged and bungled up, too. Flacco's out, and their backup Q, too. They've  had a lousy season so far. BUT, Denver, with the ol' BEARS De coordinator, Fangio, which always gave the Vike's probs, Cousin's either best get some great blocking or learn to roll and run.... :rolleyes: Could be an interesting game. I'm looking for lotsa penalties...
« Last Edit: November 11/17/19, 02:22:10 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Well, you can skip the 1st half at least Rebs... :rotflmao:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Was getting ready for a rant against the Vikings but wow what a second half.  Got to give it to our defense in the last minute of the game.  Lost a few more hairs on that drive.  8-3 and into a bye week.  I'll have to check facebook for Zimmers locker room speech.  Should be a good one.  After this rest on the bye week I hope Thielen will be back and everyone in good health.  good luck.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Kearse was key at the end when Smith went out with his hamstring injury. They were throwin at Kearse the minute he got in the game on that last series. Wayans had a big play in the end zone too. They had some big guys catchin the ball who gave our DB's fits the whole game.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Super bowl or bust!! :nerd: :nerd: :dancinred: :rocker; :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I think the Broncos got just what they asked for after they came out with 8-9 guys at the line tryin to take Dalvin Cook out of the game. It worked for the 1st 1/2 but Cousins made 'em pay by goin 29/35. :cool: Diggs, Rudolph, Johnson, & Cook caught 21 of those 29 completions. Vikes were really lucky that those 3 turnovers only cost 'em 3 pts too. :happybounce:
« Last Edit: November 11/18/19, 12:29:44 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just read on the interweb that longtime kicker Fred Cox passed away.!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :pouty:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya I seen that Glenn.  That is sad.  Haven't seen or hear of him for years.  Would like to know what he did after the Vikings ect.  Class act.  good luck.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 i know he and another guy invented the nerf football!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
They said he has been in hospice care for awhile.  They also said liver or kidney damage was the main issue.  Can't remember which one. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Former Minnesota Vikings kicker Fred Cox, one of the last of the straight-on placekickers and a standout on several conference championship teams, has died. He was 80.

Cox’s wife, Bonnie, announced the death through the Vikings without providing details.

Cox, who also co-created the Nerf football, scored a Minnesota-record 1,365 points in his 15 seasons, often kicking in nasty conditions because the Vikings played outdoors during his career from 1963-77. When he retired, he was second in NFL history in scoring behind George Blanda - who also played quarterback - and had made 282 field goals.

Cox was one of 11 Vikings to play in all four of the team’s Super Bowls, all defeats. He kicked in 18 postseason games.

The Vikings called Cox “one of our proudest legends, a respected teammate and friend. Fred's football career as the Vikings’ all-time leading scorer set the stage for a life where he went on to achieve great things in business and in his community. Fred's positive energy, strength in his faith and passion for life will be missed.
                                       ###

https://people.com/sports/former-vikings-kicker-fred-cox-dies/
« Last Edit: November 11/22/19, 10:58:55 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
HEY LEE. Can you say FIRST PLACE VIKINGS!! :rotflmao: :happy1: :sleazy: :sleazy: