Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 517590 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
So, yer concussion was from a punt to the head?   :bonk:
:censored: :mad1: :pouty: :pouty: :pouty: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Man, I hope they don't replace the on-side kick play with 4th and 15.

First, what was the old success ratio for on-side kicks before they changed the rules.  Not very good, but they were successful occasionally in desperation scenarios.

After they changed the kick-off rules - kicking team can't overload one side of the ball and can't run up to the kick - onside kicks are virtually never successful now.

If they change the rule, what are the odds of converting 4th down and 15 yards to go?
How about if you are an elite passing offense playing against a "prevent" defense that is back on their heels after just allowing a score?
I don't know the exact answer, but I'll bet the odds of converting on 4th and 15 are better than on-side kicks ever were.

I know I'm a scarred and jaded Vikings fan, but I can see this rule adding two additional losses to our season every year.  :doah:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i like it!!!!!!!!!! just to be clear its not the opponents 25. its the same 25 yardline iffin the kicker kicks it out of the end zone.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
It's official, Gary Kubiak is the new OC for the Vikings.  Great move in my opinion.  good luck.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup I liked Stefanski but Kubiak is tried and tested.  Great move.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
After batteling brain cancer for 2 years Chris Doleman is dead at 58.  Loved watching him play.  One of the greatest of all time.  good luck.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Darn right.  RIP Chris

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Was listening to SKOR North which is old KSTP 1500 radio.  Online it is just SKOR.  I go back and forth from KFAN to these guys.  It is Vikings talk from 2 - 4 every afternoon.  Usually goes later than that.  Still talking Vikes now.  They are talking Doleman stuff too.   They had an interview with Darin Nelson and asked him about Doleman.  He said he was fun in the locker room and that at one time he started to carry a briefcase.  Noone was going to say anything to a tough guy like him but they wondered what was in the briefcase.  It was lunch!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  He also said that when the D line did their running drills it was funny cuz Doleman was so far ahead of all of the other guys as he was so fast and athletic.  LOL

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
last night on the #4 news they showed a clip of when Doleman was back in Minnesota for some team activities. holy crap did he look tough. looked like it was right after his surgery, he had slurred speech. was really tough to see that!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ruesse said the first time Doleman was here he was not a very nice person.  Young and tough but when he came back the second time he was the nicest guy.  Must have been less pressure on him then.  ??

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just happened to see Dalvin Cook and some other NFL players are on Rachel Ray making SB food.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I just happened to see Dalvin Cook and some other NFL players are on Rachel Ray making SB food.
:bonk: :bonk: :banghead: :banghead: you need to find something useful to do..volunteer whatever  :confused: if your resorting to watching that!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:bonk: :bonk: :banghead: :banghead: you need to find something useful to do..volunteer whatever  :confused: if your resorting to watching that!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:happy1: :tut: & if you need somethin to do...........................get to work!  :rolleyes: :sleazy: :nerd: :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Ruesse said the first time Doleman was here he was not a very nice person.  Young and tough but when he came back the second time he was the nicest guy.  Must have been less pressure on him then.  ??

I heard Chris Carter on a radio interview talking about Doleman last night.  I didn't catch all of it, but Carter was talking about a pilgrimage they were on together to the Holy Land, re-baptized in the Jordan River, etc.  My guess is that somewhere along the way Doleman might have had a conversion of sorts which changed his perspective and outlook on life.  RIP

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: :tut: & if you need somethin to do...........................get to work!  :rolleyes: :sleazy: :nerd: :laugh: :laugh:
i am!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: HD hired me as a full time pot stirrer!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :sleazy: :evil:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: He better renegotiate your contract 'cause your overpaid. ;) You should be payin him!  :doofus: :sleazy: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Actually I turned on the TV after my trip to town and there was Cook.  I saw him first and then Rachel...   It was a good show too.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I watch Rachel once in a while.  :smiley:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
she can be funny and fun to watch... I see once in awhile too..
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I haven't seen her for awhile.  I see she really packed on the pounds.  That is a sign of a good cook.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I watch Rachel once in a while.  :smiley:
yea well you i understand!!!!!!!!! :doofus: :doofus: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, you wouldn't like her. She doesn't open cans of 'sketti or eat lotsa slopsa pizzas!  :mooning:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I like Rachel myself.  She was slimmer awhile back when she was married.  I believe she went through a divorce some time ago.  The last time I saw her she wasn't as heavy so maybe she's back on the dating scene.  I have made some of her recipes and they turned out good.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Huh! I just saw them on TV saying they were still married... :scratch:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Number one I do like her show,  just haven't watched it much lately for no reason at all.  I like the 30 minute meal deal and may watch that more often.  She laid taco chips on a cookie sheet, shredded a rotisserie chicken from the store.  Then covered it with cheese, then picante type sauce, then more cheese jalapenos, etc.  Then baked it for 15 minutes.  Looked great!    And the word on the street has always been that her and her husband always had an open marriage and would see other people.  Can't see that working for long and wondered which one instigated that arrangement. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I wax just giving you crap LPS cause I knew It get Reb all worked up. :sleazy: :snow5: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You were in on that open marriage thing program with her weren't you?   So Vikes thread so I am saying 10 wins this year. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You guys are a buncha meenies!   :angry: :mooning:

I'll take Giada, you can have Rachel.... :evil:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya she is pretty hot. Daughter of millionaire movie people.  AND she was having an affair with Bobby Flay and they tried to pay her husband money to keep it quiet so it wouldn't hurt her millions of dollars business.  I am not real fond of her and Bobby Flay now.  SO how about this new young breath of fresh of air Molliy????   Young married very smart and talented girl.  Just had a baby and has a nice looking family.  ????  Oh ya Vikes thread so I hope we keep Dalvin Cook...
« Last Edit: January 01/31/20, 08:29:39 PM by LPS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya she is pretty hot. Daughter of millionaire movie people.  AND she was having an affair with Bobby Flay and they tried to pay her husband money to keep it quiet so it wouldn't hurt her millions of dollars business.  I am not real fond of her and Bobby Flay now.  SO how about this new young breath of fresh of air Molliy????   Young married very smart and talented girl.  Just had a baby and has a nice looking family.  ????  Oh ya Vikes thread so I hope we keep Dalvin Cook...

don't care for either one..........
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!