Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 517803 times)

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe get a young QB in the draft to work under Cousins for a couple of years?  good luck.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The deal...

"According to NFL Media's Ian Rapoport, it's a two-year extension worth $66 million. Coupled with the final year of his deal in 2020, the total value is $96 million over three years, including $61 million guaranteed."

"Cousins' new deal will add $10 million to Minnesota's cap space, according to Tom Pelissero."

So doing some math...

Kurt originally signed a unprecedented $84 million, fully guaranteed contract.  He was scheduled to make $29.5 million guaranteed in 2020.

The new deal is worth $96 million ($29.5 for 2020 + $66 for the extension), but now only $61 million is guaranteed over the next 3 year - not the full $96 million.

And assuming $29.5M of the $61M is still guaranteed for 2020, that means that only $31.5 million of the $66M extension is guaranteed.

What does all of this mean?  I think it means it will be easier to get rid of Cousins in the last year of his extended deal if things don't work out.

And with the salary cap going up with 17 games, $30 million per year will likely be the going rate for a slightly-above-average QB.

Plus, if the team gets $10 million in salary cap relief this year, it seems like a pretty team friendly deal to me.  With no one better on the horizon to replace Kirk, this deal makes sense to me.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
it looks like there going to be putting the franchise tag on Harris..........and signed Ham to a 3 year extension!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

now iffin they could get rid of the "CHOKE".!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Now if we can trade Diggs for an above average offensive lineman, invest a first round draft choice in another offensive lineman, I'm starting to like our chances again.

Yeah, I know there are some open roster spots on the defense, but now its time for the Vikes to fill some of them with non-first-rounders and let Zimm coach 'em up. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well Diggs got sent to Buffalo for 3 draft picks this year and 1 next year.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service

Buffalo Bills to acquire Stefon Diggs in trade with Minnesota Vikings, per report

:coffee: ....CAN YOU DIG IT!
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/buffalo-bills-to-acquire-stefon-diggs-in-trade-with-minnesota-vikings-per-report/ar-BB11hIhu?ocid=hplocalnews
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh well.  Have fun in Buffalo with 6' of snow every year. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
One of those picks is the Bill's 1st round pick though. WR is 1 of the deepest spots in this years draft & I'm betting they're talkin to at least a couple of 'em already.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
With Rhodes already gone :happy1: along with Waynes & Alexander both FA's they are in need of some depth in the defensive backfield too. McShay has 'em takin a DB in the 1st round. :scratch: Kind of hopin they sign a FA too.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Well Buffalo had the 22 nd pick and we have the 25th I think so two first round picks are always nice.   The other extra picks will be great also.  I think this is a good move for the team.  Diggs seemed moody and not happy last year.  He wanted more play time so now he has it.  Harris I think will be traded also even though he was named protected player.  That's another rumer.  Has to do with cap space and a lot of teams have interest in him.  Maybe even more draft picks to come.  good luck.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Spielman Strikes Again!

Bills get Diggs and Vikings seventh-round draft pick in 2020.
Vikes get the Bills first-round, fifth-round and sixth-round picks in 2020 and a fourth-round pick in 2021.

I'd say the Vikes got the long end of the stick in this deal.

How long do you think it will take before Diggs becomes a frustrated malcontent in Buffalo?  We should start a pool.

This move is almost Bellichekian!  I think this is why the Vikes keep Spielman.  He also maximized the value trading Percy Harvin and Sydney Rice.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I would think noone is enjoying this and laughing harder than Case Keenum.  We have spent over 100 million dollars on a QB that Zim and Rick thought was going to light it up here.  Just cuz Zim didn't like Case!  Trying to do better than the year Case was here.  Ain't gonna happen for many years the way I see it.  Now we are in complete rebuilding mode.  Not much going to happen here until we get a real QB and the team gets back to the attitude and chemistry we had 3 years ago.  We aren't even close to that now.  As we saw, players are confused about what their assignments even are, especially on the D.  Coaches have come and gone to no avail.  What is the common denominator?  Zim and Rick. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Spielman Strikes Again!

Bills get Diggs and Vikings seventh-round draft pick in 2020.
Vikes get the Bills first-round, fifth-round and sixth-round picks in 2020 and a fourth-round pick in 2021.

I'd say the Vikes got the long end of the stick in this deal.

How long do you think it will take before Diggs becomes a frustrated malcontent in Buffalo?  We should start a pool.

This move is almost Bellichekian!  I think this is why the Vikes keep Spielman.  He also maximized the value trading Percy Harvin and Sydney Rice.
Pretty good for a guy you drafted in the 5th round. I seen somethin where Weatherly signed with the Panthers too.  Too bad, I thought he was starting to play good for us.  :pouty:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Diggs is a really good receiver, but I'll bet he's a real pain in the neck.  Teammates will always say the right thing.  He just wants to win.  He cares too much.  Bla. Bla. Bla.  But I'll bet his petulance wears on folks.

I heard that Buffalo is also a team that is trying to establish the run first to open the passing game.  And I can't say that Josh Allen is any better than Capt. Kirk.

He might have jumped out of the fry pan into the fire.

You want outta Minne, Diggsie?  Good luck.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard Weatherly was the Vikings union rep too?? :scratch:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah.................so? ;) :laugh: :laugh:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Diggs is a really good receiver, but I'll bet he's a real pain in the neck.  Teammates will always say the right thing.  He just wants to win.  He cares too much.  Bla. Bla. Bla.  But I'll bet his petulance wears on folks.

I heard that Buffalo is also a team that is trying to establish the run first to open the passing game.  And I can't say that Josh Allen is any better than Capt. Kirk.

He might have jumped out of the fry pan into the fire.

You want outta Minne, Diggsie?  Good luck.

Can't disagree Steve-O. The grass is always greener, until you get there and find out it isn't.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just heard Traes Waynes went to Bengals.  No details.  They gave him 14 mil a year I think is what they said.  So huge rebuilding project. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I still question our paying Barr 15 mil this year and 20 mil next year. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I still question our paying Barr 15 mil this year and 20 mil next year. 
That's about what most of those LB/DE who can rush the passer are gettin these days. :crazy:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
personally i think Barr is worth it. kinda suxs to see Waynes go though.......... and Wewatherly, but.......dats life!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Alexander's a FA also & could be leavin as well. That leaves only Hughes & Hill with any experience at CB. Good thing Harris & Smith are good behind 'em. That really puts a cramp on Zim's defense when you don't have a corner that can play man coverage so the safeties, Smith in particular, are forced to play deep almost all the time. :pouty: I'd be real surprised if they don't sign a FA DB because of that.
« Last Edit: March 03/18/20, 08:38:40 AM by Gunner55 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
And we don't even know if Hughes will pan out yet. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought he looked good most of the time last season until he started getting hurt.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure hope he gets healthy.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Hill is 6' 2" & ~ 200 lbs like Waynes is so they both matched up better with the 6-3 210-220 WR's in the league these days. Where as both Alexander & Hughes are quite a bit smaller,~ 5-10/180-190, & givin up a lot in size.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Zim sure likes Hill to keep him around so hope he does great!  I think he is a scrapper. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well Joseph is on his way to da Chargers!!!!!!!!! :doah: :doah: he was a beast in the middle of that D-line!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya hoped that we would make a deal with him. 
« Last Edit: March 03/18/20, 05:12:29 PM by LPS »