Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 517931 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
$17 mil/2 years, I just read. More than we were willin to go & probably only playin 1st & 2nd downs usually.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So this Foles thing with Chicago.   I kind of like him and when we got Cousins he was a possibility.  Don't like him in a Bears uniform. 

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
looks like were getting ravens DT mixheal pierce
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like it's gonna be $27 mil for 3 years with $18 mil guaranteed which is really close to what Joseph was due this season. :cool: Pierce is 4 years younger though. I see where they received an extra 3 extra picks for the FA players they lost to begin last season, 1 of which is a 3rd rounder. So 10 picks overall. :happy1:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Plus the extra pics from the Diggs trade.  I wonder if Spielman will move up this year to grab someone with all that draft capital? 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Plus the extra pics from the Diggs trade.  I wonder if Spielman will move up this year to grab someone with all that draft capital? 
Not so sure if they'll move up or not :scratch: as I read an article where Spielman really likes those late round picks & has had real good results with 'em. They had 6 picks last year that were 6th round or later & 5 of them made the team. The 6th made the practice squad.  :happy1: I believe they said that they have five 7th round picks this year & 11 or 12 picks total, depending on who you listen to. I see they now have Alexander signing a 1 year deal with the Bengals so we're really thin in the secondary now. :doah: The OL can use help too, like always, but I read that Reiff could be a cap casualty as well.
« Last Edit: March 03/20/20, 10:01:19 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I guess I was thinking about that year when Spielman moved up to snag three players in the the first round.

The advantage to doing that, is the team has the 5th year option on the rookie contract.  So if they are good, you get to keep em for an extra year.

Turns out the year I was thinking of was back in 2013 when they drafted Sharrif Floyd, Xavier Rhodes, and Cordarrelle Patterson.

Now that I look at the names, with the departure of Rhodes, the players are all ancient history.  Floyd (injury?) and Patterson (???) never reached their full, but I do remember everyone universally praising Spielman for snagging three starters in the first round.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like Everson Griffen is leaving the Vikings for sure.  His agent said talks have broken off and Griffen is heading to the Browns or Dallas who have interest in him.  Sad to see this guy go but that's the NFL.  good luck.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man we are looking at a new team when this all settles.  More and more I hear people talk about trading Smith cuz he is getting old and worth a lot.  Hate to see that happen. 

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I haven't heard that yet but anything is possible in the NFL.  Hate to see that happen.  I think that won't happen though.  good luck.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sendejo gone to the Browns.  I really liked him.  Good tough football player. 

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
boy sounds like wer getting an entire new team in purple next year
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm sure a lot of these moves are just because they have no cap space. I'm of the belief that they were hopin to resign some of them, Joseph & Griffen to name a couple, but just couldn't make the #'s work. Other teams showed more interest so they're gone. :pouty:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I see they just signed a FA WR from the Titans. :happy1: :cool: Tajae Sharpe(25) signed a 1 year deal, he had just 25 catches for 399 yds last season, his 4th with Tenn. He got in 15 games but only started 6 last season.
« Last Edit: March 03/25/20, 11:30:26 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I see they just signed a FA WR from the Titans. :happy1: :cool: Tajae Sharpe(25) signed a 1 year deal, he had just 25 catches for 399 yds last season, his 4th with Tenn. He got in 15 games but only started 6 last season.
NOW...…….iffin we only had a QB!!!!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Only 1 left out there now is the 1 that left the team that signed Brady. Bet you'd like him :doah: , even if he threw 40 INT's next year.  :crazy: :doofus:  :pouty: :pouty:
« Last Edit: March 03/25/20, 11:48:34 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Kiper now has 'em takin a Baylor WR, Mims, &  Iowa DL Epenesa in the 1st round.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:shocked: Don't worry, bud, you still have 3 more years to join his fan club.   :sleazy: ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Kiper now has 'em takin a Baylor WR, Mims, &  Iowa DL Epenesa in the 1st round.

If we just signed a WR from the Titans, I can't see us drafting another one in the 1st round, when - apparently - WR position is deep in this draft.

This is Zimm, remember?  He's goona want another corner back.  I still don't think we have enough offensive linemen and the defensive line still needs help.  All that being said, we'll probably draft a hybrid linebacker.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
His career stats: 47 games played, 92 catches for 1167 yds in 4 years. That doesn't really sound like a guy who's going to replace Diggs to me. :scratch: I do agree on needing help at CB too but their record with drafting those that high isn't very good. :tut:  :pouty:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, Diggs is hard to replace, buy you can't give big contracts to your QB, TE, RB, some O-Line guys AND pay two receivers high end contracts - especially since Zimm/Kubiak want to run the ball.  Something has to give.  And the guy with the biggest mouth and the biggest paycheck is usually the first to go.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I think the Diggs trade was a good 1 but they still need a WR that can stretch the D IMO. If not they'll be facing a lot 8-9 man fronts on the early downs & facing a lot of 3rd & longs with Thielen gettin double teamed most of the time. Tough to make a livin doin that in the NFL. Rookie deals aren't usually that expensive either.
« Last Edit: March 03/26/20, 08:41:07 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Granted their recent historyof drafting WR's in the 1st round is the best either. Just look at Harvin, Patterson, & Treadwell but I don't think they have any choice if they are going to score at least 20 a game. Which with the # of defensive FA's that have left they will have to do to win IMO. :scratch:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
First round wide receiver draft picks...

1965 Jack Snow (*who?*)
1967 Gene Washington (*win*)
1998 Randy Moss (*big win*)
2005 Troy Williamson (*big bust*)
2009 Percy Harvin (*win - head case, but he played good for us and we traded him at the height of his value*)
2013 Cordarrelle Patterson (*meh - dynamic when he got the ball in space/kick returns, but was a bust as a receiver*)
2016 Laquon Treadwell (*bust*)

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
My bet is that they will take a offensive lineman in the first round.  Lots of receivers available this year but that's my guess [and hope].  good luck.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
First round wide receiver draft picks...

1965 Jack Snow (*who?*)
1967 Gene Washington (*win*)
1998 Randy Moss (*big win*)
2005 Troy Williamson (*big bust*)
2009 Percy Harvin (*win - head case, but he played good for us and we traded him at the height of his value*)
2013 Cordarrelle Patterson (*meh - dynamic when he got the ball in space/kick returns, but was a bust as a receiver*)
2016 Laquon Treadwell (*bust*)

I remember Jack Snow playing for the Rams. Drafted by the Vikings but traded to the Rams before he ever played for the Vikes. Not sure who/what they got in return. Had a decent career. Think he wound up ~ #30 all time on receiving yards. Considering he played fewer game seasons that's not all bad.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I see where Rhodes signed a 1 year deal with the Colts, bet he didn't get anywhere near the $12.9 mil he was due if he stayed a Viking. Also heard that Goodell sent a memo to all 32 teams that the league is going ahead with plans for a 4/23 draft, so get ready. No fans or players will be allowed to attend. They will have to do it outside of team facilities that are all closed now & if teams criticize the league's decision they can be disciplined.
« Last Edit: March 03/27/20, 09:00:32 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I see where Rhodes signed a 1 year deal with the Colts, bet he didn't get anywhere near the $12.9 mil he was due if he stayed a Viking. Also heard that Goodell sent a memo to all 32 teams that the league is going ahead with plans for a 4/23 draft, so get ready. No fans or players will be allowed to attend. They will have to do it outside of team facilities that are all closed now & if teams criticize the league's decision they can be disciplined.

Great I was hoping they could think of a way to keep the draft going.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
yea but who does Goddell think he is threatening to fine and discipline teams or individuals that critize this!!!!! :confused: :confused: :doah:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!