Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 517987 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :kingscourt:  Kind of what I thougt too but he speaks for the owners, they hired him & just gave him a big fat new deal. :bonk:  :sad: :crazy:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I see where Rhodes signed a 1 year deal with the Colts, bet he didn't get anywhere near the $12.9 mil he was due if he stayed a Viking.

Looks like Xavier will get around $5M for a one year deal.  PLUS 'da ViQueens get to play 'da Colts 'dis year.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Looking forward to seeing him against us.  He will provide yardage fro us through his dumb penalty's.  good luck.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:kingscourt:  Kind of what I thougt too but he speaks for the owners, they hired him & just gave him a big fat new deal. :bonk:  :sad: :crazy:
doesn't give him the right to limit someones opinion. i'm convinced someone will mouth off...…..and any fine or discipline will be challenged....and rightfully so!!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 I agree but he has the final say in all that  :bs: so. :scratch: Personally I think it looks kind of bad for the league to go about their business when none of the other sports are able to. :tut:  :crazy: All about $$$$.
« Last Edit: March 03/27/20, 07:20:41 PM by Gunner55 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
As long as they are following safe and health quidelines it should be ok I would think.  Kind of like a conference call type thing isn't it?  Not sure. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
A couple more signings yday, they resigned backup OL Dozier, & RB Abdullah to 1 year deals.  :happy1: :cool: Both had good seasons last year IMO.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
   Dems Was Da Days Back Den :bow:

Enjoy :happy1:

***Click da watch on you tube feature :bonk:

The best play All Day had against all 32 teams. *Not* the longest against each team. Not all plays are running plays. These are meant to be Adrian's best plays, so I did my best to avoid ones where he goes untouched past a bunch of great blocks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJUAIwLBo50

***Click da watch on you tube feature :doah:

Was gunna post da Walter Paton highlites But dat would make Peterson's look like crap! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: April 04/03/20, 04:14:56 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thank you Lee.  Man was that fun to watch.  I was cheering and laughing the whole time.  Threw me for a loop in the New Orleans clip.  LL  I think the Favre year was my favorite.  I love to watch the You tube of that years games too.  Thanks again.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just heard on KFAN that Tarvaris Jackson was killed in a car accident.  So sad.  He was a good guy too. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Fran was on the KFAN and said he really likes Jalen Hurts.  I have been watching highlights of him and an interview.  Seems like a darn good kid and pretty durable it seems.  Everyone says 2nd or 3rd round material.  Heck I would take him with our first pick.  Throws good and runs good. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Fran was on the KFAN and said he really likes Jalen Hurts.  I have been watching highlights of him and an interview.  Seems like a darn good kid and pretty durable it seems.  Everyone says 2nd or 3rd round material.  Heck I would take him with our first pick.  Throws good and runs good.
I loved watching him in college. His throwing is a bit suspect though I think.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Auggie

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Start'em young
    • www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
Viking/Packers on right now. Favre’s first game against the Packers on Monday night football in a Vikes uniform. Good stuff...
Shane Augeson
Wallhangers Taxidermy Studio
9040 40th St NW
Milan MN 56262
www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
320-269-3337

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I started watching that game on Utube last night.  Will finish it today.  Man that is fun football.  I am watching every game from that year in order.  The Pack game is game #4 of the season.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I loved watching him in college. His throwing is a bit suspect though I think.
He threw for 3800 yds & completed 70% of his passes last year at Oklahoma, rushed for another 1300 yds. They were talking about where he'll go in the draft this am & Kiper is now sayin he'll be gone by the end of round 2. NE & Pittsburgh were mentioned as possible landing spots. With Cousin's new extension I'd be really surprised if the Vikes draft a QB & if they do it'll be late IMO.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think you are right Gunner.  But it would be fun to see them change things up a little. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Cook's been talkin to the Pioneer Press about Diggs gettin traded too. Kind of sounds like they were friends to me. :scratch:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for the update.  Since I've been sheltering-in-place I haven't been getting my sports radio fix during my commutes.

I guess this isn't surprising.  "Skill" players are always worried about getting paid and getting touches and often times their mercurial attitudes often make them lightening rods for controversy and criticism.

But reading the article, is sounds like Cook gets it.  He knows business is business.  Yes, he is missing a friend, but I guess I take him at his word that he doesn't know specifically why Diggs wanted out.

In other topics related to star players wanting off teams when they might have been better off staying ...

I heard a Jim Hanneman Timberwolves interview over the weekend.  He related a story where he had a chance to have an impromptu interview with Stephon Marbury.  He says they had a great conversation and Stephon admitted regret for not sticking it out with the Wolves when he and Garnett were poised to be a force to be reckoned with in the West Division for years to come.  :doah:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I always thought Diggsy's frustrations were that he is running down the field the whole game and Quirk isn't throwing him the ball even when he is wide open.  Can't deny he was open quite a few times when Quirk didn't throw to him.  He relishes catching the ball when guys are on him.  I see it partly Quirks fault that Diggsy left here.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Zimmer had a big hand in getting Kubiak, Stefanski, & Cousins to think like that too IMO. :tut: Cousins lack of confidence in the O line's protection factored in there as well.. Sure Cousins could've done a lot better job of getting him the ball but Diggs getting in Zimm's doghouse fairly early in the season wasn't a good thing either. Josh Allen has a really strong arm & throws the deep ball very well, better than the touch passes in fact. I wouldn't be surprised to see Diggs have a big year in Buffalo.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
And so Josh Allen's career completion percentage of 56.3 is going to make Diggs the household name he wants to be?

Good luck.

Yes, it drives receivers bat-$#!t when quarterbacks miss them when they are running wide open, but I'll hazard a guess that it might have been Cousins' even-keel, unemotional, golly-gee-wizz leadership style that caused Diggsy so much frustration.  After all, Diggs did just get paid here.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
If you listen to any of the WR's on TV now they'll all tell you they're open on every play too. :doah: That was the knock on Allen coming out college too, low %/no touch, & probably the main reason he fell to the Bills in the draft in the 1st place. I don't think anybody expected the Bills to have the season they did last year either. That being said I have to agree with you about Cousins leadership style drivin Diggs  :crazy:.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for the update.  Since I've been sheltering-in-place I haven't been getting my sports radio fix during my commutes.

I guess this isn't surprising.  "Skill" players are always worried about getting paid and getting touches and often times their mercurial attitudes often make them lightening rods for controversy and criticism.

But reading the article, is sounds like Cook gets it.  He knows business is business.  Yes, he is missing a friend, but I guess I take him at his word that he doesn't know specifically why Diggs wanted out.

In other topics related to star players wanting off teams when they might have been better off staying ...

I heard a Jim Hanneman Timberwolves interview over the weekend.  He related a story where he had a chance to have an impromptu interview with Stephon Marbury.  He says they had a great conversation and Stephon admitted regret for not sticking it out with the Wolves when he and Garnett were poised to be a force to be reckoned with in the West Division for years to come.  :doah:

That was the one chance the T Wolves had at getting me as a fan. And it never happened.  :pouty:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I seen on Facebook that there are trade talks beween the Vikings and the Browns.  Target, Odell Beckham Jr..  Says right now it's a 2nd and 5th round draft pick in next years draft.  Great talent vs. another drama queen which he has both plenty of.  If it's a drama queen I say no regardless of his talent, but I don't know that much about him as far as that, just what's reported.  good luck.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
When I turned on KFAN they were talking about him.  I wondered why.  He sure is a good receiver.  BUT like you I hope he doesn't act like a drama queen it he comes here. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey, if the Browns trade him, that would be 3 different teams in 3 years.

Especially considering how much talent he has, that speaks of nothing but trouble.

And note how the price has gone down on him since the trade to the Browns last season.

"... sees the Browns acquire Beckham and defensive end Olivier Vernon in exchange for right guard Kevin Zeitler, safety Jabrill Peppers, Cleveland's 2019 first-round pick (No. 17 overall) and a 2019 third-round pick (No. 95 overall)."

And OBJ is even more mercurial than Diggsie.

Heck, I'd give 'em a 5th round pick just so we don't gotta take him.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Great WR but a lot of headaches. :crazy: :pouty: Maybe :scratch: if they put it in his contract that in order to get his $ he has to behave. :doah: I doubt he'd sign a deal like that unless he wants out of Cleveland really bad, still................................ :confused: 
« Last Edit: April 04/15/20, 11:53:58 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
He wanted out of New York.  And after he wants out of Cleveland, he'll want out of Minnesota.  Just sayin

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Give them $1 for him like we did for Chris Carter back when he was a problem child.  That woke him up.  He straightened out when he got here knowing how low his price got.