Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 517971 times)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
ok so some one tell me how do they get the team hat that pickes them, if they dont already know?
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
NFL will send them a handful of hats, they pretty much have it narrowed down who will draft them.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I saw one guy was going to put his hat on but his mother took it from him and a few minutes later he put it on.  Thinking mama got him the right hat or else put the right velcro team sticker on the hat. 

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
looks like we got a beast of a rookie QB in nate stanley. 6'4" 235.
78.50"

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup, he's a big guy!  :scratch: Know where he played, Boar?  ;)  I O W A!  :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: April 04/26/20, 06:32:09 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
NFL will send them a handful of hats, they pretty much have it narrowed down who will draft them.
In a normal year the teams will fly in the early round picks that they're interested in to have them do a workout & a interview. None of that this year though except the interview was done by computer.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I am really pleased with our picks.  I will have to read up on the QB. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So was he the starting Qb for Iowa? 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
See how you like this.  I am all in on this kid. 
https://youtu.be/OgJC3tnt1Yk

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
So was he the starting Qb for Iowa? 
He'd a bad game or 2 every year but would hang in there 'til they figured out a way to win. Rarely was he the reason they lost & tough kid too. Didn't miss much action in his 3 years of starting. :cool:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Checked their draft a little this morning & only the 2 DL they took in the 4th round got below average marks(C-) by whoever wrote that article. :rolleyes:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
he seemed great there and can be coached up, has an arm, get a good OL line and he should be golden
78.50"

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
he seemed great there and can be coached up, has an arm, get a good OL line and he should be golden
One thing about playing QB at Iowa, you have 1 of the best O lines in the country in front of you every year. :cool: That's kind of Ferentz's specialty & was even when he coached  in the NFL with Belichick early in his career. They like the big guys who were good wrestlers in HS 'cause they understand leverage & have good footwork.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Checked their draft a little this morning & only the 2 DL they took in the 4th round got below average marks(C-) by whoever wrote that article. :rolleyes:

Yep, now its time to coach up up.  Zim and his staff have had great success with the D-Line.

And it will be interesting to see who emerges from all of those pics in the secondary.  Can you imagine what it is going to be like in training camp with all those new CBs competing for playing time?  There is going to be some hard work happening.

Offline MN RACK ATTACK

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
2020 Big Buck Slayer

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
just read an  article on MSN about the Vikings signing Percy Harvin. he is only 31, although Speilman says they have no intentions of doing so, BUT he also said they werent gonna trade diggs either??????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
just read an  article on MSN about the Vikings signing Percy Harvin. he is only 31, although Speilman says they have no intentions of doing so, BUT he also said they werent gonna trade diggs either??????

“I thought I was done, but that itch came back. I’ve been training with a former Olympian. My body is feeling good. Mentally I’m better.  :scratch: My family is good. The timing is right," Harvin said.

That seems to be a low bar to have to clear.   :bonk:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Too old, too slow, not mentally in shape neither.  I can't see him keeping up.  Although they don't test for weed in the NFL anymore so that is good for him.  I think one of youse guys mentioned that before.  BUT who knows?  Would be fun to watch. 

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Guess who the pundits say the Vikings should sign...  :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Former NFL spokesman Joe Lockhart: Vikings should sign ... :doah:

« Last Edit: June 06/02/20, 09:07:19 PM by Steve-o »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya isn't that the funniest thing you ever heard.  There would be lots of seats available if they did that.  I would get a lot done on Sundays then too.   :rotflmao: :happy1:  That seems to be the thing for the sports guys to talk about now.  It is not the Vikes responsibility to make any moves to compensate for what is going on.  IMO

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Yea that's why he's a FORMER NFL spokesman.

No way Zimmer brings him here. :tut: :tut: :tut:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Kaepernick took a knee.
The NFL blackballed him.
Kaepernick sued.
The NFL paid.
The NFL can now legally blackball him without fear of another lawsuit.
The NFL would fit Zimmer with a pair of concrete boots and drop him in Minnetonka if he signed him.

Like mentioned without sports to cover these guys are making stuff up and throwing it against the wall.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep. I would get a lot done to on Sundays if the did that. No way I would watch them. I would actually cheer for the packers then.  :crazy:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
 :sorry: But! as an outsider lookin in :scratch: Why on earth  :confused: would ya cheer fur da Packers when ya kin cheer fur.........

:cheerleader:
 :banghead:
"DA
BEARS"  :blues brothers: :scratch:
« Last Edit: June 06/03/20, 08:28:11 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
:sorry: But! as an outsider lookin in :scratch: Why on earth  :confused: would ya cheer fur da Packers when ya kin cheer fur.........

:cheerleader:
 :banghead:
"DA
BEARS"  :blues brothers: :scratch:
I would only cheer for da pack when dey played da Vikes. I would cheer for da bears too if dey signed kaperscopy.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
      Bears' joint practices with Broncos no longer happening

:coffee: and more........

Alyssa Barbieri 1 hr ago

:doah: ..
As training camp gets closer, the NFL is making plans to ensure that these activities can continue amid the coronavirus pandemic.

:confused: ......
After sending a memo to NFL teams that summer training camps must be conducted at their team facilities, the league also informed teams that they will not be allowed to hold joint practices with other teams this summer.

And the NFL just sent a memo to teams informing them that they also will not be allowed :tut: to hold joint practices with other teams this summer either, per source. It had developed into a popular practice in recent years.

The Bears had planned on holding joint practices with the Denver Broncos in advance of their second preseason game, something they’ve done in the past. Given former Bears defensive coordinator Vic Fangio is Denver’s head coach, it only made sense to continue the tradition with the two teams facing off in the preseason.

Obviously, with this new memo, those joint practices won’t be happening. The NFL wants to ensure a safe environment for players, coaches and staff.

Chicago will travel to Denver to play the Broncos on Saturday, Aug. 22 in their second preseason contest.

Unlike the previous two preseasons, this one will mean a lot more for the Bears. The quarterback competition between Mitchell Trubisky and Nick Foles will begin in training camp and carry into preseason, where on-field action will help determine the Bears’ Week 1 starter against the Detroit Lions.
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The quarterback competition between Mitchell Trubisky and Nick Foles will begin in training camp and carry into preseason...

Good Luck to Lee and Da Bears  :blues brothers:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I would bet a dollar on Foles.  If I win I will send it to Glenn so he can shop at Menards... :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman