Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 517724 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just read that the looters stole the trophys from the Vikings trophy case.......

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
What a bunch of worthless people.  :angry2: And Walz thinks that greater MN. is willing to pay to rebuild Minneapolis. Even the people in Roseau he says. Boy is he mistaken.  :angry2:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
JB let me talk you off the ledge here.  I am so sorry but it was a joke I saw.  THE VIKINGS HAVE NO TROPHY'S!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  The trophy case has always been empty so to speak. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh. Just call me a sucker.  :rotflmao: Fell right into it.  :crazy:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So sorry and that wasn't what I was trying to do.  LOL

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
No worries. I was just gullible this morning.  ;) :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh. Just call me a sucker.  :rotflmao: Fell right into it.  :crazy:

we all do at one time or another!!!! :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I would bet a dollar on Foles.  If I win I will send it to Glenn so he can shop at Menards... :rotflmao:
:pouty: :pouty: so I leave for a few days and I STILL get crap!!!!!! :banghead: :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I would bet a dollar on Foles.  If I win I will send it to Glenn so he can shop at Menards... :rotflmao:
:pouty: :pouty: so I leave for a few days and I STILL get crap!!!!!! :banghead: :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I see Cook wants a new deal or he'll holdout even though he has 1 year/1.3 mil left on his rookie deal.  :tut: :pouty:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya I saw that too Gunner.  I really like the guy too.  BUT what is he really worth?  Maybe a lot maybe not.  They said Mattison avg about 4.6 per carry last year.  That is pretty darn good too. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
it was only a matter of time before that happened.

thing with Cook he is so good catching passes out of the backfield, rated one of the most explosive backs in the league.

I say pay him...with incentives!!!!!!! :happy1:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I don't know but assume he wants $10 million or more per year? Lets assume he gets 10. A really,really good running back is worth what......2 wins a year in this passing era? So, the question becomes is going from 8-8 to 10-6 worth 5 mil a game?

Not to me, but then I'm just a working still and it all sounds like monopoly money to me anyway.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard he wants top 4 RB type money which is all $13 mil/per or more. They have NO cap space left because of Cousin's new deal so that means a lot of other good players will not get signed. The 1st to go for us is usually O lineman & D lineman.  :tut: :pouty: Can't blame the guy for wantin to get paid as that position usually has a short shelf life but all I can say is GOOD LUCK! A lot of the big money deals for RB's have not worked out very well in recent years for the team that did them.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I hope he doesn't let his agent get him too worked up about it. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
This holding out whilst still under contract is BS too.  Huge distraction to the team and makes your commitment to the team questionable if you ask me.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
This holding out whilst still under contract is BS too.  Huge distraction to the team and makes your commitment to the team questionable if you ask me.
totally agree. Been saying that for years. :happy1: :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree too. You signed a contract. Honor it!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
If professional athletes get paid in "Monopoly Money" terms, football contracts are written on Monopoly Paper.

Its all a game.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
don't ask them to give you their word either... 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, owners, GMs, and players...

It's just business and both sides get away with as much as the NFL parameters will allow.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
AND it is all unbelievable portions of money.  Even the lowest paid are very well compensated. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Minimum salary for a rookie who makes the team is $480,000  :crazy:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
2 or 3 years of that would set me up pretty nicely. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
And it does for them, too, if they manage their money well.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
  Kirk Cousins, quarterback, Minnesota Vikings

:undecided: ......
The Vikings made another huge commitment to Cousins this offseason with a massive extension. The good news is that the deal created cap space for the cash-strapped Vikings and only keeps Cousins in Minnesota through 2022.

Sadly, as more players will learn during the 2020 NFL season, the title of superstar only lasts  for so long. :doah:

The crash from NFL stardom can happen just as quickly as the ascent. Often age catches up to a player after more than a decade of hits leads to declining physical skills. Other times, players who could once excel despite a weak supporting cast around them suddenly can no longer achieve that level of greatness. :tut:

A new wave of superstars is coming this season, but it will mark the end for several of the NFL’s greats.

Here's one superstar who will fade this upcoming season. 

On the other hand, the Vikings just took away a go-to target by trading Stefon Diggs and things seem to be getting even worse for this offense. :bonk:

Cousins, 31, is simply not going to keep playing at a high level with a shaky offensive line and an iffy supporting cast. Losing Diggs and the impact of his big-play ability, especially on play-action passes, will significantly hurt Cousins. Plus, running back Dalvin Cook is planning to hold out this season unless he gets a big extension. Given everything that is going on with the Vikings’ offense, we expect  Cousins’ stats to take a significant hit. :doah:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey, Lee...

How's that Quarterback Competition going for you's guys?   :blues brothers:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hey, Lee...

How's that Quarterback Competition going for you's guys?   :blues brothers:

I refuse ta answer dat question... :tut:    On da grounds dat it may tend ta incriminate me! :doah:

:scratch: Who is dat person dat dares ta talk bout "DA BEARS" :blues brothers: On da Vikes Thread :doah:

A Bit

:offtopic:
« Last Edit: June 06/12/20, 03:40:14 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
       Trubisky not conceding Bears starting QB job to Foles
LAKE FOREST, Ill. (AP) — Mitchell Trubisky understands why the Chicago Bears acquired quarterback Nick Foles.

That doesn't mean he's ready to hand over the starting job. :tut:

Trubisky said the trade for Foles gave him extra motivation to show he can develop into the franchise quarterback the Bears thought he would become when they moved up a spot to draft him with the No. 2 overall pick in 2017.

“That's the business we're in,” he said in a conference call on Friday. “I’ve been motivated since our season ended last year. I didn’t feel like it went the way we wanted to, and we left a lot out there. But I’m excited for this year. I think it’s going to be a good competition.”

Trubisky said he wasn't surprised when the Bears acquired Foles from Jacksonville in March or when they informed him they weren't picking up his fifth-year option for 2021.

After all, he didn't perform the way they expected last season. And the Bears stumbled, going 8-8 and missing the playoffs for the eighth time in nine years.

It certainly wasn't what they envisioned after winning the NFC North at 12-4 in 2018 — coach Matt Nagy's first season.

While a defense that has excelled in recent years performed well enough, the offense ranked among the NFL's worst. The Bears lacked playmakers to go with receiver Allen Robinson, were banged up on the line, ignored the run game and got little production from their tight ends.

That obviously didn't help Trubisky. But it doesn't completely explain why he struggled in his second year in Nagy's system.

Picked to replace Jared Goff in the Pro Bowl after the 2018 season, Trubisky's yards (3,138), completion rate (63.2%), touchdowns (17) and rating (83) all dropped from the previous year. He made too many errant throws and questionable decisions. And the fact that Kansas City's Patrick Mahomes and Houston's Deshaun Watson — who were taken later in the 2017 draft — continued to shine only magnified Trubisky's struggles.

Nagy challenged him to get a better read on opposing defenses. And the Bears made it clear they would look to bring in competition.

For that, Trubisky doesn't blame them. The same goes for their decision not to exercise his option.

“I kind of felt like I had it coming,” Trubisky said. “I put myself in their shoes — if I was looking at myself, I feel like I would have to go out and earn that fifth option, and I feel like the way I played last year didn’t merit that.”

Like Trubisky, Foles also has something to prove.

The 2018 Super Bowl MVP with Philadelphia, he lost his starting job to rookie Gardner Minshew during an injury-riddled season with Jacksonville and appeared in just four games after signing a four-year, $88 million contract.

Though Foles knows the system and has a history with Nagy in Philadelphia and Kansas City, the COVID-19 pandemic has prevented him from practicing with the Bears. Trubisky believes that gives him an edge in the competition.

“I think that advantage goes to me just because I’ve been the starter here the last two years, these are my guys, my teammates and guys I’ve built super strong relationships over the last two years,” he said.

But Trubisky also knows time is running out. General manager Ryan Pace made a bold move when he traded up a spot with San Francisco on draft night to take the quarterback, one that hasn't paid off the way he hoped. And now, Trubisky is fighting for his own job.

“All I can do is control what I can control this year and that’s go out and try to have a hell of a year with my teammates,” he said. “I love these guys to death and I’m excited about this year and whatever happens after that is out of my control. I just feel good about where I’m at right now, I feel good about this team.”

Many BWCA Reports