Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Road Hunters  (Read 3195 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I ran up on these guys yesterday.  Just as I topped a hill, one guy was emerging from the woods with a bird.  I fumbled my phone and got only this picture before they headed off the road where I was afraid to follow.  I did not see them shoot from the PU, get a plate number or see a gun so I really don't have anything much to report.   :angry2:

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I think ya really need to start working with a CO on this.....and I'd push it with them. just my .02 worth.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree with Rebs.  I would have gone to the DNR or Sheriff as well.  And I would give them all of the pics you have.  Trail cams at the gates would be my new hobby.  These guys way into your property is way out of bounds.  Especially that propane truck. 

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Do you have the GPS cords for this road?  Sounds like a good place to drive-by?  :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
2nd LPS all the way!!  get all the help ya can!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
This was not on my land but on the road to it.  I did not see them shoot anything so I really have nothing to report.  (Think Ford's allegations about what did or did not happen many 36 years ago). I would need more concrete information before going to the authorities.  I will, however, keep and I out for them in the future.   :tut:

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
Amazon has a dash cam that records on a loop.. if you decide you want to keep any footage you pull the chip and download. I picked one up for my truck as with my new job I end up driving a ton and there was a close call one day that would have been the other drivers fault but I would have looked like the bad guy (got cut off). Either way.. for about 100$ you can toss this in your pickup and it records when you start the engine or if there is a impact ... we’ll worth the money to me.. then you don’t have to fumble for the phone.. or trust someone to be honest.
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good idea. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya never know if he was legit or not, what's the ruling again, so many feet from the vehicle, in the ditch and not shooting across the road? 

Offline K.O.W.

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I've seen many a road Hunter and night poachers this season including tonight at the end of legal I was muzzleloading my own land and this truck stopped and watched my field for 2-3 minutes were a few deer on it way out for them to shoot thankfully. A few weeks ago a rifle came out the window of a different truck I was cutting across the same hayfield for home when they slammed on the brakes roared in reverse gun out I'd think I pancaked as low as I could etc ready to fire back not at them but wanting full sound etc roaring their way I actually had to load a round because I had unloaded b4 hopping down as I always do if no deer are near etc noise etc but anyway have seen about 4-5 different trucks and 1 fake squad car with that light on the mirror type crown Vic white with K9 faded logos on it might call that one in easy to figure that one in a small county here anyway be safe and I bring a flashlight every night now usually did but man. 

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Because my land is a mile from the nearest road, I don't have an issue with opportunistic road hunters.  Anyone trespassing or poaching on our land made a deliberate decision to go there.  In the past it was not uncommon to see a truck parked on a field (we did not own it at the time).  This was a location many locals considered "open" to everyone.  Since we acquired this field and the surrounding woods and swamp, I have not seen hunters parking on the field. However, it was not uncommon to see or see evidence of trucks entering the area and driving around to (I presume) locate and shoot deer.  Hence the new gate.  So far that has stopped the vehicle traffic.   :tut:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I suppose Leech won't be posting any deer pics anymore then...    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I suppose Leech won't be posting any deer pics anymore then...    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:super smiley: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!