Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Football FYI'S  (Read 9533 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
:reporter; .....  Football FYI'S

Too many kickers looking like college kickers:

Why are professional kickers suddenly looking like the kids who play on Saturdays, you know, the ones who can't be depended upon to hit even the easiest of kicks? Veteran Mason Crosby was the latest kicker to have an absolutely brutal day as he missed four field goals and an extra point in Green Bay's loss to the Lions on Sunday. The Vikings and Browns (who won Sunday courtesy of one of the ugliest field goals that you'll ever) have already ditched the kickers they started the season with, which says a lot about the state of kickers this early in the season.

Roughing the passer calls:

A new rule designed to protect quarterbacks has led to a number of embarrassing calls by refs this season and has infuriated both players and coaches. Clay Matthews called the league "soft" after being the victim of two brutal calls in back-to-back weeks and J.J. Watt yesterday wondered what his brother, T.J. Watt, did to deserve such a call in the Steelers win over the Falcons in Week 5. Hopefully this gets cleared up as the season progresses, because right now it's awful.

Case Keenum:

The Broncos signed Keenum to a big deal in the offseason thinking he was the missing piece that could lead them back to their winning ways. But the QB has gotten off to a slow start and has thrown just two TD passes (both last Sunday in a loss to the Jets) in the last four games and has more INTs (7) than TDs (5). The Broncos are 2-3, have lost three straight, and host the red-hot Rams in Week 6.

Le'Veon Bell:

We all knew Bell would likely hold out all of training camp but we never expected his hold out would still be going on five weeks into the season. One of the best running backs in the league is trying to save his body for a big contract after the season and has been driving Steelers fans, as well as some players - nuts by not playing a single down yet. It will be interesting to see just what happens with Bell for the rest of the season.

Bears - QB Mitch Trubisky:

Trubisky lit up the Bucs with six passing TDs in three quarters.

Lions - WR Kenny Golladay:

Golladay has emerged as a reliable weapon for Matt Stafford, averaging 8 receptions per game.

Vikings - CB Mike Hughes:

The rookie CB has also been valuable as a kick returner.
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks.  Good info. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
bell is under contract, right???????? he should be told to stay home........forever and join kaperscopy!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
He is losing more money by not playing than he will be able to make up in the future.  And he isn't helping anyone around him neither. 

Offline savage270

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
This made me laugh

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
He is losing more money by not playing than he will be able to make up in the future.  And he isn't helping anyone around him neither.

He has to return to playing by week 7 or 8 or else he doesn't get service time for this year, which means he won't be a free agent next year, which means he won't get the contract he so badly wants.  And hell, by the standards of professional sports these days, he probably deserves it; one freak play and his career is over without being paid to the level at which he has performed.

When he does come back, it will be interesting to see how hard he plays or if he comes up with some other injury that puts him back on the sidelines for a few more weeks; a hamstring seems to be a convenient malady for someone who isn't in game shape.

Still, I'm happy to see the Vikes paying guys like Hunter, and Diggs, and next year (hopefully) Thielen - guys who work hard all the time - instead of the likes of Bell and Odell Beckham, who seem to put their own interests above the team.

I get it.  These guys want to get paid, but this is a team game.  To me it don't matter how many highlight reels you make if your team isn't winning.  Everyone is different, but I root for a team - not the Odell Beckham Jr. or Le'Veon Bell "brand."

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya I agree with all of that too.  AND what is the first thing that comes to mind???  Dalvin Cook.  I sure hope he gets healthy and can stay healthy.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
          :reporter;  Breaking News

I just just read dis in da Midwest National Sports News. During a survey fans were asked to choose what game day will be watching on Sunday at noon. Da results were as follows.

Bears:................   85%
Vikings:................ 10%
Not interested..........5%

:happy1:    "DA Bears" :bow:
                                                :blues brothers:
« Last Edit: October 10/14/18, 11:18:41 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Well, dat's what happens when dey only call Da Bears fans, silly!  :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
And the Bucs are playing the Falcons....now there's gonna be a game!  :happy1:
« Last Edit: October 10/14/18, 02:01:58 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
          :reporter;  Breaking News

I just just read dis in da Midwest National Sports News. During a survey fans were asked to choose what game day will be watching on Sunday at noon. Da results were as follows.

Bears:................   85%
Vikings:................ 10%
Not interested..........5%

:happy1:    "DA Bears" :bow:
                                                :blues brothers:
but the 10% are watching winners, them 85% are watching losers!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
My my da bears came to life. :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Da poor bears.... LOSERS!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
And after Miami practically handed them the game doncha know!  :scratch:

Wait, thought I heard something over on Da Bears thread. Shhhhh....listen....

*crickets*

Oops! Guess not... :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
And after Miami practically handed them the game doncha know!  :scratch:

Wait, thought I heard something over on Da Bears thread. Shhhhh....listen....

*crickets*

Oops! Guess not... :rotflmao:

You didn't listen long enough :bonk:

Listen as long as ya can stand it! ...... :angry2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=11&v=EX29H8XTnNM

« Last Edit: October 10/14/18, 06:22:12 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: October 10/15/18, 07:16:26 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Where's this Colonel Sanders thread, anyway?!  :scratch: I have news!

https://kttc.com/news/national-news-from-the-associated-press/2018/10/15/items-owned-by-colonel-sanders-to-be-auctioned-next-month/

Dis is da football tread :crazy:  Wait a minute! :doah: Was dis Colonel Sanders related to Berry Sanders of da Detroit Lions? :scratch:
« Last Edit: October 10/15/18, 07:20:13 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Berry? Barry? Bury? :scratch:  Oh, could be! I'll have to wing it on dat one, but I won't chicken out. I have a bucket of facts I can dig into......🐔 🏈

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i see where the GOAT, brady and company are heading to chicago next weekend. there's another L for da bears!!!!!!! :moon: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
i see where the GOAT, brady and company are heading to chicago next weekend. there's another L for da bears!!!!!!! :moon: :rotflmao:

Wow! First I thought dis was a football thread, den maybe an entomology thread, den perhaps a bird watching thread & now it's morphed into a small ruminant thread! Talk about diversity... :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: October 10/15/18, 02:54:47 PM by Dotch »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Yup, never know where diversity is gonna pop up..... :shocked:
Wow! First I thought dis was a football thread, den maybe an entomology thread, perhaps a bird watching thread & now it's morphed into a small ruminant thread! Talk about diversity... :rotflmao:

Yup, ya never know where diversity is gonna pop up..... :shocked:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Wow! First I thought dis was a football thread, den maybe an entomology thread, perhaps a bird watching thread & now it's morphed into a small ruminant thread! Talk about diversity... :rotflmao:
:pouty: :pouty: :crazy: get in da game. G.o.a.t..............Greatest Of All Time.........referring to QB Tom Brady!!!!!!! geez pay attention!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
NFL fires official Hugo Cruz, who missed false start in Chargers-Browns.

:doah: ......
One of the most blatant blown calls in the NFL this year was a missed false start on the Chargers against the Browns, when left tackle Russell Okung moved early on a play when the Chargers scored a touchdown. The official who missed that call has reportedly been fired.

:bonk: .....
Hugo Cruz, the down judge who should have flagged Okung and blown the play dead, has been fired, according to FootballZebras.com.

According to the report, this is the first time in at least half a century that the NFL has fired an official during a season. That call was not the only one that Cruz missed, and the report says one source described Cruz as not “maintaining a very high level of performance over a sustained period.” So this firing was not about one call, although that blatant bad call may have been the last straw. :tut:

It’s very, very rare for the NFL to fire an official, and when it does happen it’s done after the season as a result of a review of the official’s entire body of work. For an official to get fired during the middle of a season, he had to be doing a terrible job, and the NFL felt it had to act immediately.
« Last Edit: October 10/26/18, 01:21:08 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
NFL fires official Hugo Cruz, who missed false start in Chargers-Browns.

... For an official to get fired during the middle of a season, he had to be doing a terrible job, and the NFL felt it had to act immediately.

Or there was something else going on that we don't know about.

Funny, the refs that came up with the snap penalty against the Cowboys when the Redskins jumped off sides - that looked to me like they were making things up as they went along.  Talk about a homer call.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
        :tut: NFL suspends Mychal Kendricks eight games

The indefinite has become definite for Seahawks linebacker Mychal Kendricks.
Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the NFL has suspended Kendricks eight games under the Personal Conduct Policy for his guilty plea to federal insider trading charges. Kendricks will receive credit for the three games he has missed, and he’ll be eligible to play on Monday, December 10, when the Seahawks host the Vikings.

(Kendricks’ brother, Eric, plays for Minnesota.)

Kendricks also may return to the Seahawks as of Week 12 and participate in meetings and practices.
Kendricks has appeal rights, but no decision has been made as to whether they will be exercised. At a time when the league seemed to be determined to keep him off the field for the rest of the year, the ability to return for the final four games of the regular season and potential postseason games constitutes an unexpected win.

:scratch: ....
Still, an eight-game suspension for a white-collar crime seems a little stiff, given that the baseline suspension for domestic violence is six games — and in light of the reality that the league has on multiple occasions reduced the punishment based on mitigating factors.
If there’s no appeal, Kendricks will be back for the final push to the playoffs, and he could be a difference maker for a team that, as Russel Wilson recently told PFT, feels a lot like it did in 2012, when no one expected anything off a team that was a year away from a Super Bowl win.

Given that Kendricks is facing a prison term that could be in the range of three years, this could be the last season of his football career. That will likely prompt him to make the most out of it.

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
:reporter; Aaron Rodgers admits that Tom Brady is the GOAT.

:coffee: ....
While fans and media are spending the week leading up to the upcoming Green Bay Packers at New England Patriots game debating what makes a GOAT and how to compare Aaron Rodgers' natural talent to Tom Brady's clutchness, the men around whom the discussion revolves are telling anyone who will listen about how much they love each other. :wowza:

:scratch: Who do ya tink is da best? Rodgers er Brady :confused:

Video...... :popcorn:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/aaron-rodgers-admits-that-tom-brady-is-the-goat/ar-BBPbuJm?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=U147GDHP
« Last Edit: November 11/01/18, 05:29:12 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
TB, AR needs to do it for quite a few more years in order for me to put him in that category.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:reporter; Aaron Rodgers admits that Tom Brady is the GOAT.

Aaron Rodgers...