Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: The fall colors.....  (Read 4792 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Are happening now!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
As much as I like the colors, I can't wait for them to drop!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
The ash trees are pure gold color around here, maples are still green. It seems we have a 2 month window that the trees aren't dropping something..

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I enjoy the colors to, best when I can have a good ride on the bike and enjoy them!!  but I still want this over with too!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :tut:yea don't be pushing the seasons.  :pouty: Sheez!! :doofus:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Knocked a lot of the leaves off the ash trees today and the way the wind is blowing, will be fewer tomorrow. May get to trek up the MN River valley on Sunday in the Stude to view the remaining color. From a couple years ago at The Trailblazer in Madison Lake:

« Last Edit: October 10/10/18, 09:52:58 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good pic Dotch!!! :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Smokey Hills Bandit

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: September 09/26/19, 08:34:21 PM by jlynch3 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Think most of ours will be down by the time this system blows threw. A lot of the 1's left have come down in the last 2 days.  :cool: pics guys! :happy1:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
After the freezes, the 1.75" snow, three days of high winds.....the leaves just won't let go! Only ones that have dumped their leaves are the birches. Looking outside my house this am...and my apple tree in back.  :confused:

« Last Edit: October 10/20/18, 09:48:57 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Ain't many left on the trees here.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Raining down good right now....it's 24* out. But I can see I'll be doing the leaf thing into November for sure.  Usual all-finished up with everything is November 3rd.... so say my past calendars. You can see the still loaded with green leaves trees on pic from this am....

« Last Edit: October 10/21/18, 09:39:19 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Boy this is a major letdown year for leaf watching. After several mornings with lows in the mid-20's, the green leaves are just drying up on our maples. With all the windy weather, rain, snow, etc., even the autumn blaze maple that showed some promise of color early on now looks sorta like a rooster with about half the feathers plucked out of his butt. Took a cruise in the Stude this a.m. and went to Madison Lake. About all that's left are pockets of red and pin oaks including those in our yard that are only kinda yellowish brown colored this year. Never seen colors so bland or leaves come off the trees more quickly.  :pouty:

« Last Edit: October 10/21/18, 06:40:42 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Just a comparison: These are photos of the same red oak in our yard, one from last year, one from today. Granted the one from last year was taken in the evening and the one from this year was taken in the early afternoon. Still a considerable difference in color.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Same here, Dotch. This tree, from same time last year, which is usually a blazing vibrant orange, was a calf-scour tan the other day, 'bout the same color as yer 2nd pic.... didn't have my camera along.  :confused:

« Last Edit: October 10/23/18, 07:06:04 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Can always count on a burning bush for fall color. From the business down the street:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Love those. Also their neat "three sided" branch.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Wife wants to get some of them. Will have to make sure I put some kind of enclosure around them if she does. When small they're a bunny favorite!  :mad1:
« Last Edit: October 10/25/18, 01:54:24 PM by Dotch »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yer wife wants a .....never mind. This is a wholesome site.  :evil:  :angel:

Actually, I've always wanted one, too. Planted a goldfinger potentilla instead.