Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2018 pheasant season  (Read 3006 times)

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Sitting her this morning trying to kill an hour before the greatest day of the year starts.   I've got the 13 year old dog for the morning hunt.   He knew what was up as soon as I came out of the house with my orange on.   He went right to the truck and wouldn't leave it.   I told him ok you can come to for a couple hours but your going to pay for it in the morning.   He said...... So.   The young dog was ready to go and is a hunting machine.   Hopefully he leaves one for the old man to point.   Good luck to everyone going out.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 10/13/18, 08:08:17 AM by The General »
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good for you General.  Man I used to love pheasant hunting but are none up here.  Luverne where I grew up is the Gov. Hunt this year.  I just talked to one of my farmer buddies there and he said it is wet as heck.  The low spots in the fields are full of water and not a lot of corn or beans has been harvested.  May be a tough hunt. 

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
G! im putting in an order, Phess for sausage!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:confused: :crazy: :crazy: :pouty: gawd your wierd! :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Super wet, the boots are on da boot dryer downstairs and it's not to pleasant.  We walked what we could til noon, had lunch then bolted back to town for a function.  The birds were already in the corn early but that  doesn't surprise me with all the water in this particular field.  I didn't pull the trigger but the kid dropped a young ugly rooster, which was great cuz he struggled last year with a new gun, ain't kidding you he missed upwards of 9 or 10 birds last year but to see the him smile today when it folded was awesome.  Lots of corn yet but tgats fine by me, let all the fair weather hunters hang it up then it's time to put on some miles.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I'll bet Remi's a real fezzant combine.... ;)

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Myself and the two dogs hit the public land at 9am.  The old dog didn’t get a chance to point one as the young dog just has too much drive and was on them early.  I got my two and was done by 10:30am.  I saw a total of six roosters and one hen.  I also have two nice blisters from the new boots.  However that’s par for the course at the beginning of ever year for me.  I’m going to try and get some things done and then maybe go out late this afternoon. 

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

For sure amigo.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good to see there are some birds around.  Good hunting.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Deadeye if you ever get the itch you are welcome to come with.