Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Another food recall  (Read 41804 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya what's up with that? Never been in one but seems like every time I turn around they're recalling stuff or worse, someone's getting sick from something they bought there.  :confused:
Pretty much the same as Aldi's, owned by the same company, but Aldi's doesn't have anywhere near the # of recalls. :scratch: :confused: :crazy:
I know they carry a lot of the same type stuff but not sure :scratch: if they have the same brands at the same time or not as I've never been in a Trader Joe's.  The only 1 I get near in my travels is the 1 by Reb & Del. The Aldi's (4) that I we go to seem to vary a little from store to store, I suppose according to what sells in that area.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Never been to an Aldi but am curious to see one.  Been to Trader Joes once and it was fun.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
They have such great cheeses. Their creamy Danish Havarti is heaven. Gotta get the jars of Pumpkin Butter in the fall....and I picked up a jar of their smoky peach salsa and blue corn chips last week, and some frozen chicken enchilada verde's and beefsteak burrito's, along with a jar of their green chile verde sauce........ahh num num num..... :tongue:
« Last Edit: July 07/04/19, 08:19:03 AM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Never been to an Aldi but am curious to see one.  Been to Trader Joes once and it was fun.
we went to the one in st cloud once...……. momma doesn't like it and i'm not to crazy about much off brand stuff.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You know that when we went to Trader Joes in the cities when we were there on a family thing it was interesting and they had some neat stuff but it wasn't cheap and we did not buy much.  Kind of highfalutin I thought.  I would go to one again but not going out of my way to do it.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You ain't crazy 'bout any kinda differnt  food 'cept yer WF 'sketti!  ;) :rotflmao:

Ya gotta try differnt stuff! Good for ya! Try some goat cheese with cranberries...yum!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You ain't crazy 'bout any kinda differnt  food 'cept yer WF 'sketti!  ;) :rotflmao:

Ya gotta try differnt stuff! Good for ya! Try some goat cheese with cranberries...yum!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: come to think about it I may need to brew up anudder batch!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
They brought the price of a gallon of milk down $1.50 up here. WW used to be almost $4 now they're more like $2.50. Cereal & some meat(chicken quarters, , ribs, some steaks) way cheaper :happy1:. We don't buy all our groceries there but like just about everything we get there.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
What place ya talking about?  :scratch:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: That or he don't like savin $ 'cause he's got sooooooo much.  :confused: ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Aldi's!! No TJ's around here that I know of, not sure where the closest 1 is. :scratch:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya I would like to go to an Aldi's.  None here. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Aldis. I have no idea where the closest trader joes is. the layout of the st cloud store isn't much and it looks dirty.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just looked, Reb, there's 8 TJ's in the metro & the only other 1 in MN, that I seen, is yours.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Oops!!  Thought you were talkin to me. :confused: :bonk: ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:
« Last Edit: July 07/04/19, 08:54:07 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I was!!! Ya just haveta ignore that infernal squeekin' noise..... ;)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya I would like to go to an Aldi's.  None here. 
Yeah LPS, you'd like :happy1: their Millville Honey Nut Crispy Oats for like $1.79 for a big box.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
When I visited my mom up in Duluth I took her to Aldi's.  Thats where she likes to go.  The produce was very nice there and cheap.  I have a friend who just goes there for produce and cereal.  good luck.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I was!!! Ya just haveta ignore that infernal squeekin' noise..... ;)
just for that, i'm using a dull rusty knife!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ahh, go play with yer spaghetti noodles... :moon:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
So far as I can tell, Aldis and Trader Joes are independent chains, regardless of any family connection.   We have two Aldis and a TJ here in Rochester.   

The TJ has an attached liquor store (MN stupid law) and is well known for their reasonable wine prices, including the "two buck chuck" which in MN is "three buck chuck" line of Charles Shaw wine that is very drinkable and only costs like 3 bucks a bottle. 

Personally not a big fan of Aldis but like TJ

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
When I visited my mom up in Duluth I took her to Aldi's.  Thats where she likes to go.  The produce was very nice there and cheap.  I have a friend who just goes there for produce and cereal.  good luck.
Yeah your right, RH, their produce is good too.  :happy1: Get most of ours up here there as well, much better than WW. :cool:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah your right, RH, their produce is good too.  :happy1: Get most of ours up here there as well, much better than WW. :cool:

me too...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
There's one in Owatonna that I should check out sometime. Produce is one of the areas the local store struggles on due to limited space. That and all the Norwegians and Swedes refuse to eat anything remotely vegetative!  :confused:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Down home we get it at Fareway as Hy-Vee's produce sucks too. :thumbs: :tut:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sly-Vee....home of the rip-off.    :thumbs:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: October 10/21/19, 11:07:49 AM by Rebel SS »