Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Foggy morning dunk  (Read 1707 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
This morning I Thought I would go to a stand I haven't been in for a couple years.  It's a bit out of the way and involves crossing a small swamp on an old pallet bridge.  Well, short story, I ended up laying on my side in 4 inches of water.  For a short time I thought about toughing it out (fog was so thick I felt like swimming the rest of the way) and continuing on but as the water soaked to sensitive areas, I decided against that.  After a short hike and a 1.5 mile wheeler ride back to "Camp Near and Deer", I was able change into dry clothes and still get up in a stand by 8 AM.  First time I have ever hunted from this stand. 

Views from my morning sit.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Nice pics!

Yup, been there....no fun sitting in soggy shorts. I remember one hunt up in Bemidji..... I crawled up into a old deer stand that someone built on the state land (nothing more than a couple 2X4's on some branches) and it started to down pour.... I mean a drenching rain.....
I had already drove 4 hours to get there to hunt and wasn't gonna leave. So, I sat there for a few hours getting wet....THEN, it started to hail, that's when I finally got down and headed home.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice spot DE.  I think that is the stand that Leech used last year.    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Just kidding.