Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Heater Jacket  (Read 3032 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Anybody ever use those battery operated heater jackets? I seen some camo jackets made by Milwaukee and was wondering how well they work. My daughters always get cold deer hunting, and was wondering if this would be a option. They were only $150, and the jacket looks like a good quality.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
I haven't tried one, but I have been curious about the Half in the bag: https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/half-in-the-bag-insulated-stadium-style?a=2142558&pm2d=CSE-SPG-15-SZLA&utm_medium=cse&utm_source=shopzilla&utm_campaign=CI

or I found this tactical sleeping bag with arms as well: https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/hq-issue-tactical-sleeping-bag-with-arms?a=1518495

This would be in addition to all the other warm gear, plus you'd probably need to throw an orange vest over the top.

Bring the oversized sleeping out to you deer stand and climb in once you are situated.
« Last Edit: October 10/29/18, 05:25:33 PM by Outdoors Junkie »
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Geez, I would rather rely on layering then on batteries or wiring going bad out in the cold woods.  :undecided:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Last year it was -10 the last week of our SD hunting season and I brought the buddy heater out with us in the ground blind and my daughter stayed nice and toasty warm.

[attachment deleted by admin]
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
This was a topic on IDO I believe and didn't have good reviews. That's the best I can help with. Personally I wouldn't get one.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
A heater in the blind is mandatory to me now.  Has been for years actually.  The best hunting years of my life...    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Anybody ever use those battery operated heater jackets? I seen some camo jackets made by Milwaukee and was wondering how well they work. My daughters always get cold deer hunting, and was wondering if this would be a option. They were only $150, and the jacket looks like a good quality.
my lil brother swears by the millwakke brand. i use thos thermal heat wraps around my waist, keeps kidneys warm, helps alot
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I will do the sleeping bag trick sometimes when it gets really cold out. I also will have the Buddy heater in the blind too.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
man what a bunch of candy........ :moon: :moon: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :oops1: :sorry:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman