Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Makin' bacon....  (Read 1886 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Got to thinking this morning when making some bacon, how do you guys make yours? I microwave mine, have for many years, and turns out great. I take a regular plate, lay a few sheets of paper towels on it, and the bacon (usually 3-4 strips of thick-sliced) cover with another paper towel. I 'wave it for 1 mn and 30 seconds on high (1200 watt oven) and it comes out perfect...chewy and just beginning to get a touch crisp, yet soft enough to still "bend".

What's your method?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 11/20/18, 09:32:26 AM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I usually put it in my cast iron pan and have the gas grill just outside the patio door.  Then I can keep an eye on it on the side burner.  Sometimes I have done it in the oven at 400.  Works pretty good and it stays flat.  I will try the micro the next time Rebs.  Looks great!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
No muss, no fuss! Pick up bacon, and toss paper towels away! Easy-peasy!   :azn:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
We usually only cook bacon when the kids come home for a weekend. Then it's cooked on a huge griddle outside (3 to 4 pounds)

If it's something small, like a BLT, then the wife's favorite way in da oven.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
HD: In my house, there's no such thing as a small BLT.   :rolleyes:  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
used the pan, made it in the over and on the grill..  I like to cook the whole package when I do it..   still the microwave sounds good..
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
and here i thought it be dat seks thing again!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

i do it the easy was........throw it out the window!!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Dopey smurf.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I am lazy, and buy the precooked black label bacon at costco.   Crisp it up for a short time and done.  Quite good, and no greasy pan.   If I need a bunch I will cook a pound... Then there are enough drippings to make it worth while to deal with.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman