Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Great Sausage Dressing  (Read 1249 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok I think I have it now.  I have read recipes for about 5 years trying to duplicate dressing I had 20 years ago that I thought was great.  I took the closest recipe I could find and added the key ingredients that I think are paramount in this.  Mainly the cream cheese, mushrooms, garlic, lots of sausage etc.  See what you think. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Not sure why it does not open but click on it.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Normal PDF...opens down in corner after downloading. Here it be.....I "cleaned up" way recipe printed for ya.

Barry's Great Snausage Dressing

INGREDIENTS:

8 cups (14 oz.) stuffing cubes
 1 stick butter
1 medium sweet onion chopped
 8 oz. mushrooms
1 bunch celery diced
 / add sliced carrots (optional)
4 garlic cloves finely chopped
 2 lbs. Jimmy Dean sausage, 1-sage 1-regular
16 oz. (2 blocks) Philadelphia Cream Cheese warmed to room temp.
 2-3 cups chicken broth
2 eggs beaten
Pinch rosemary
 Pinch sage
Pinch parsley
 ½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper

Preheat oven to 350 F.  Grease a 9” x 13” baking dish.  I also do a 9” x 9” to make sure it all fits.  Place the stuffing cubes in large bowl.  In large sauce pan melt the butter.  Add the onions and celery and cook over medium heat until vegs are soft.  Then add the garlic and cook 2 minutes.  Pour these vegetables over the stuffing cubes.  Add cream cheese to bowl.  Return pan to stove and brown the 2 lbs. of sausage.  Add the sausage and juices to the bowl of ingredients.  Add chicken broth, eggs and all of the spices.  Gently stir this all up well until the bread is soft.   Bake for 65-75 minutes uncovered, until deeply golden brown and crisp on top.   This can be frozen too.  Freeze what you don’t eat.  Then thaw overnight and cook covered with foil at 325 until hot!
« Last Edit: November 11/20/18, 12:40:19 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Glad to help and that ya found it!  :happy1: Now, I just need to taste test it for ya.... :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: November 11/20/18, 12:39:56 PM by Rebel SS »