Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Concealed carry permit classes  (Read 3655 times)

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
I was wondering if anyone can suggest a good Concealed Carry Permit class in the South Metro?  'Gonna get this for my wife and I for Christmas.  Must be in the south metro, and preferably someone who is comfortable working with, and has a good track record working with women.  Cathy will be taking the class with my Shield and I will be using my FEG Hi-Power clone.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
if u can fi d a class taught by victor ricigliago. take it.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good luck, and well worth taking.. 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm off today, and plan on stopping at the Burnsville Pistol Range, and the other range that opened just around the corner from them to see what their instruction looks like.  I know Fleet Farm and Slander Outdoors offer classes too.  Hope to have this wrapped up in time for Christmas.

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
I had bought Cathy a nice little Taurus .380, but she likes my Shield much better.  I think we'll end up getting her a Shield EZ.  She really shoots the Shield very well.  We were both surprised how snappy the little .380 is.  It's got very low profile sights on it, and even at self defense range, if you line up the sights, it hits very low.  Don't want to have to remember to aim at the top of a perp's shoulders when the SHTF.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
My Wife bought a Bersa thunder 380 to carry. I liked how it shot so much that i went and bought one also. For a carry gun I like that it has a hammer. That just feels a little safer to me. It is single\double action gun. And the are usually right around that $300.00 mark.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I had bought Cathy a nice little Taurus .380, but she likes my Shield much better.  I think we'll end up getting her a Shield EZ.  She really shoots the Shield very well.  We were both surprised how snappy the little .380 is.  It's got very low profile sights on it, and even at self defense range, if you line up the sights, it hits very low.  Don't want to have to remember to aim at the top of a perp's shoulders when the SHTF.

I like as much mass as possible to mitigate snappiness; especially in a .380s, which tend to be designed with smaller frames.  I realize weight is a serious trade-off when you are looking for a carry piece.  I also look for grips/backstraps that spread the recoil across as much of my hand as possible, but thickness is another carry trade-off.

Good luck.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
tryba glock 42, i think for a gal, absolutly no recoil, accuracy kills. and fun tonshoot.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
are you still looking for a PTC class?
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah-I'm hoping to line something up next Friday, as that's payday.  Has anyone tried one of the Shield EZ's yet? 

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
Yeah-I'm hoping to line something up next Friday, as that's payday.  Has anyone tried one of the Shield EZ's yet?

ah ok... I know a guy in Hastings... bu I don't know if he's doing anything next Friday.

He is also our ffl guy at our delta waterfowl banquet.  Good guy. his next class is dec15th.
http://www.greatshotfirearms-training.com/
he does everything in one day.

last year he donated a couples class for our banquet, so i know he works with women.
if you go, tell him i sent you. ;)
« Last Edit: December 12/09/18, 02:58:46 PM by JohnWester »
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
I stopped at the Modern Sportsman range and shop in Burnsville. (New facility on 42 by Abdallah Chocolates.  We can do the whole deal right there for $90.00 each including class time, targets and range time.  Think I'm gonna set us up there.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
That's cheap! Down here is glitter land, the cheapest I've seen is $150 for a GOOD class......I figger all the classes I'd gone to to renew since 1983, the danged thing oughtta be free by now! :angry2:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
well.......just maybe....................maybe your the reason there not!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

sorry......its mikey's fault again!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Why you....you.....TOAD!!!!    training-087 :taz: :mooning:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
only paid $50.00 here...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
only paid $50.00 here...

:mooning:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 12/11/18, 12:51:04 PM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
if ya say so...  just saying that's all it cost us here...