Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Poacher ordered to watch Bambi  (Read 2063 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Poacher Who Illegally Killed Hundreds of Deer Ordered to Repeatedly Watch Bambi

(SPRINGFIELD, Mo.) — A Missouri poacher has been ordered to repeatedly watch the movie “Bambi” as part of his sentence for illegally killing hundreds of deer.

The Springfield News-Leader reports that David Berry Jr. was ordered to watch the Disney classic at least once a month during his year-long jail sentence in what conservation agents are calling one of the largest deer poaching cases in state history.

Prosecutors say the deer were killed for their heads, with their bodies left to rot.

Berry was convicted in southwest Missouri’s Lawrence County of illegally taking wildlife. Three relatives and another man also were caught in connection to the poaching case. They’ve paid $51,000 in fines and court costs.

Berry also was sentenced to 120 days in jail in nearby Barton County for a firearms probation violation.

This undated photo provided by the Lawerence County Sheriff in Mt. Vernon, Mo., shows David Berry Jr. Berry, who was ordered to watch the Walt Disney movie 'Bambi' at least once each month during his one-year jail sentence in what conservation agents are calling one of the largest deer poaching cases in state history.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 12/17/18, 01:35:44 PM by HD »
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I hope they make him stand on one leg the entire time he watches it......................

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
And make him watch it every day.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I hate our judges (broad brush - I know)

Does anyone really think that watching a Disney movie will help in this guy's rehabilitation or make it any more punitive?!?

The judge is just grabbing attention for him/herself.

P.S.  I've seen Bambi numerous times throughout my whole life, and never once did it make me want to stop deer hunting.  And this guy is a POACHER, not a hunter.

:angry2:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya you are right.  Actually watching Bambi may make him drool waiting to go shoot some more deer.  Could work in reverse. 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
At least he got a year in da slammer...    If he had been sentenced in Rochester they would have given him six weeks probation. :angry2: