Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2019 gardens  (Read 56061 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i'll be probably waiting till fishing opener to plant. been a bit chilly........not to mention there's rain forcasted for the next few days.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
i'll be probably waiting till fishing opener to plant. been a bit chilly........not to mention there's rain forcasted for the next few days.
Gee wiz Sally,  planting on the opener of fishing??? Besides its raining??? You gonna melt if ya go outside??   :nerd: :nerd:: rotflmao: :rotflmao: I hear ya Glenn on the plants. I did though put in a few bean and snap pea seeds today in the raised bed,  after soaking all night  :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Gee wiz Sally,  planting on the opener of fishing??? Besides its raining??? You gonna melt if ya go outside??   :nerd: :nerd:: rotflmao: :rotflmao: I hear ya Glenn on the plants. I did though put in a few bean and snap pea seeds today in the raised bed,  after soaking all night  :happy1:
yea.........i aint into zoos no more. i'll go north fishing weekend after memorial where i'll have about the whole county to myself.

and yea i will melt being made of all sugar and spice and nice and stuff!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
yea.........i aint into zoos no more. i'll go north fishing weekend after memorial where i'll have about the whole county to myself.

and yea i will melt being made of all sugar and spice and nice and stuff!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:doah:  :rolleyes:  :bs: :smiley:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Is that what ya call it?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Did some putzing in the garden tonight. It's not muddy but close.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Rhubarb is getting closer. The green stemmed rhubarb is actually starting to bolt! I like the red stemmed stuff better anyway. It's more purtier!  :laugh: I see what appears to be a volunteer red type that possibly came from seed. May move that one so we get more of the red stuff eventually.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Not here. Rubarb ain't but 2-3 inches high. My winter onions should be good to go when I get back next week

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
when iz optimum time to harvest rhubarb?
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
once it is big enough, up to about july.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Num num. First of the year.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

I dunno if it's optimum boar but I like to see the stems get at least 9"-12" long. It's been slower than normal and definitely slower than last year. By this time last year it had been in the 70's and 80's so the rhubarb really took off. I think it might've been glenn mentioned it can be harvested until early July. After that he and his little woodland friends can hide under those big leaves!  :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

I dunno if it's optimum boar but I like to see the stems get at least 9"-12" long. It's been slower than normal and definitely slower than last year. By this time last year it had been in the 70's and 80's so the rhubarb really took off. I think it might've been glenn mentioned it can be harvested until early July. After that he and his little woodland friends can hide under those big leaves!  :rotflmao:
:pouty: :pouty: :pouty:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Started planting.  For me it's really early.  Put in the taters and onions.  Started pumpkins, cucumbers, and gourds but it will be a while before they go out.
Also planted the canna lilies and glads.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
last nite I got all my tomatoes, peppers, green beans and celery planted. need to stick the cabbage in the ground yet.
was to windy to plant the fine seeds like carrots and the rest of my kalarabi seeds. also need to plant my cukes yet, ran outta time.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Glenn has been busy!

I only got some beets, lettuce and radishes in.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn has been busy!

I only got some beets, lettuce and radishes in.
yea I had a mission last nite. get the stuff in the ground prior to the rain so I didn't have to babysit the damn things in those little plastic potting thingy's. :happy1:
the cabbage is going in, all 4 of them shortly, then I gotta wait till these hurricane type winds die down to finish up!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so I bust but to get my plants in the ground, tonight I gotta cover them!!!!!!! :crazy: :pouty: they have a frost advisory out for this area!!!! :bonk: :bonk:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'm setting up grow lights in the garage just in case it never gets warm enough to plan outside.  I'm not sure what to use and my wife said to google it.  I told her if I searched for grow lights, the feds will come knocking on the door to check me out.  :pouty:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
so I bust but to get my plants in the ground, tonight I gotta cover them!!!!!!! :crazy: :pouty: they have a frost advisory out for this area!!!! :bonk: :bonk:
Must not be enough of that clean livin.  :rolleyes: :tut: :smiley:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Must not be enough of that clean livin.  :rolleyes: :tut: :smiley:
i'm thinking it more on the lines of the bad influences I have conversations with here!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
All my stuff is in also, talking frost here too but I'm not going to bring all the buckets in. Hourly shows 38 at the lowest so I might just let it ride.. think next year I'm going to jump start the lettuce inside in old egg cartons,  they're only bout an inch tall now..

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I got green house covers for my gardens....I'll have to go throw them on soon.

Thought I seen a couple snow flake just now.....  :scratch:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

the weather this morning made it sound like a small chance of snow from Duluth SW towards just west of the cities area... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman

the weather this morning made it sound like a small chance of snow from Duluth SW towards just west of the cities area...
My niece saw snow this morning near Finlayson.  We might have to cover the plants tonight.  Warning of frost.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
guess I didnt see anything resembling snow here...……..yet. :shocked:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I already have radishes up, so I put the green house lid on. :happy1:

Still snowing here though!  :angry2:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so do I HD along with lettuce and spinach but I don't think it will affect the radishes, not sure about the lettuce and spinach though! :scratch: :scratch:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
talkin 34 here tonight........ 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We are waiting till next weekend to do our garden operation.  Then the Grandson can help.  He's 7 and loves to help do things.