Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Score!  (Read 3342 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Well, maybe I didn't think this through.  So I got 165 feet of 6 foot black vinyl coated chain link fence with all the poles and hardware including the gate for free.  My son's work was removing it from a day care that is no longer in business and being it's just like new and they were going to dispose of it, I said ya sure, I'll take it. Now, I just realized I will have to put it up for it to do any good.   :pouty:  It also had 12 ten foot 4x4 timbers.  I think it just may keep the deer out of my garden.   :deer:

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Even if you don't use it I would think you have a few Hondos worth of stuff there. 

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I put the free chain link fence up and must have miscalculated the perimeter as I ended up 16" short on the fence fabric.
Does anyone know where I can get a couple feet of black vinyl chain link fence fabric.   :crazy:
Overall not to bad for my first go at putting up a chain link fence.  I told my son who removed this from
a job site and gave it to me that he "shorted" me by 16".

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
dang thats a great score!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like two gates to me DE.  A front one and a back one.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
fence stretcher???????? :scratch: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
glenn57,
Yes, that be my homemade fence stretcher.  Second gate would require an additional post and a $200 gate.  I will figure out something until I find a small piece of fencing.   :laugh:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
One of the big box stores couldn't whack ya off a piece? I know Menard's and Lowe's carries vinyl fencing...don't know if yours is residential or commercial grade, though. That could be an issue...

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
glenn57,
Yes, that be my homemade fence stretcher.  Second gate would require an additional post and a $200 gate.  I will figure out something until I find a small piece of fencing.   :laugh:
:happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
just remove one post and angle it
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good idea JohnWester.  I think I got a line on a piece of fencing.  I stopped at a repair garage that had put up the same fence as mine and ask if they had a small piece left over.  The girl at the counter called her hubby and he said it was in the back of one of the trucks at their house. She said she would look for it and give me a call.  Fingers crossed.   :laugh:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Good idea JohnWester.  I think I got a line on a piece of fencing.  I stopped at a repair garage that had put up the same fence as mine and ask if they had a small piece left over.  The girl at the counter called her hubby and he said it was in the back of one of the trucks at their house. She said she would look for it and give me a call.  Fingers crossed.   :laugh:
:happy1: :happy1: :happy1: