Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: The real car days thread....  (Read 8932 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
One of the few things I still have left from my tune-up days...and I use it all the time for checks. Still zeroed in and works like a charm. Used it this fall when doing a blower tune up. It's served me well for over forty years.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Vintage-RAC-Maxi-tune-Ignition-Analyzer-Model-560-Tune-up/1423570695
« Last Edit: January 01/25/19, 08:37:45 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
I have always had a fascination with older cars. my baby was my 340 70 duster with a 74 dart front clip. 4 speed, duel ecausrt ,posi rearend , duel points ,headers. 4 barrlel  Had it up to over 140 going from white bear to forest lake.  Still have the motor. 68 cadilac was sweet also 72 el camino,68 Polaris 383. Been hauling around the first car I ever drove  56 mercury for over 35 years. never seen salt out of Wyoming. Would love to get her on the road some day. 88 thousand miles.
Cookie's on Upper Red Lake
e-mail: cookie16@paulbunyan.net

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey cookie that merc would be cool to see running too!!!!  and I remember the dusters too!!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Had to like those 340 Darts and Dodge Demons!!!!! Goin' machines!  :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
This was one of my favs out of the many cars I had...'67 Belvedere II. 383 with console shifter, the black and silver bucket seats...... this is identical. And ya, I DID buy it from a little old lady at work...with 40,000 actual on it....!  ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
But.....my two babies. '73 TA with an actual 455 SD, and '76 TA with 400. The silver '76, I ordered from Gunderson motors way down in Preston, Mn., on my 21st Bday. Took 4 months to get it. Still have the original window sticker and factory build sheet. Ordered an optional 3:76 axle with posi and other goodies. (They all had posi) Both were turned into functional ram air by drilling out rivets holding restrictor plate in, and fabricating stainless screening to fit in by using plate as template. Put in a B&M Transpak shift kits in the TH 400, and that's all ya needed for banging 2nd gear rubber automatic shifts.
They ruined 'em when the '77's came out (the Smokey and the bandit ones) by dumping in the 400 station wagon engine loaded with smog gear.
Actual pics.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I was always a fan of some of the early Buick Riviera's too :cool:, kinda along those same lines.

Same here Gunner. When we were on long trips in the '63 Invicta wagon, as kids we used to keep track of how many we'd see. Mom & Dad thought it was great because at least we weren't pounding the crap out of each other... :rotflmao:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UH8lPbIg4Y
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Had to like those 340 Darts and Dodge Demons!!!!! Goin' machines!  :happy1:
My 1st car was a '69 Dart :cool:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I also had a '74 Olds 442, with the big white stripes, astro swivel- buckets and the 350 4 bbl, of course. Actually, that car was a lead sled. Sold it after a year to a nurse friend, and she had it for years. She really liked it. I sure didn't.

« Last Edit: January 01/25/19, 11:27:40 AM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
always loved the judge!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
always loved the judge!!!

:happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Always liked the Shelby GT 'stang stories about Hertz renting them out, and guys drag-stripping 'em on weekends until Hertz caught on.  :rotflmao:  :happy1:

https://www.thoughtco.com/1966-shelby-gt350h-2464598

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
in that color too!!!!   :happy1: