Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: bowstring lake  (Read 3332 times)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
i guezse wer fishi g bowstri g anyone know that lake?
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Yep. Been on it a bunch. Big old bowl. Shallow with sporadic small humps. Lots of snot rockets, good walleye lake, nice sized perch and crappies. Deepest is 35 ft.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You'll almost be able to cast in Gunners bedroom. :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I hope you realize that Bowstring isn't like red, not many people plow roads on that lake. Gunner is right there and up there in sure he'll chime in.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah Boar the NW PA is only 2.5-3 miles from the end of our driveway. It must be a easy lake to fish because it gets a lot of traffic especially during the hard water season, around the walleye opener too. I think there's a lot of locals that fish it regularly. As far as I know only Geiger's Trails End & Bowstring Shores plow any roads out there. Not sure where you are going out of :scratch: but the 2 most popular public accesses are the 1 off Co Rd 35, which doesn't have a lot of parking & usually has a pressure ridge by the ramp this time of year. The other good PA is on the south end of the lake, only been there a couple times & never used it. Lots of parking there but it's a long ways back in there off from Hwy 6 & Oteneagan Road. The NW PA closer to us has enough parking for 10-12 rigs maybe. I don't  :fish2: it much especially outta the boat, been there a few times on the ice though. Like 57 said it's a good walleye, perch, & crappie lake.
« Last Edit: February 02/07/19, 08:21:49 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
cool were going outa.trails end access, thanks, ive heard a good walleye night bite can happen, come say hi!!
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
cool were going outa.trails end access, thanks, ive heard a good walleye night bite can happen, come say hi!!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: after everything i've told him about you :scratch: :scratch: :doah: i'm surprised  he aint packing to head back to iowa!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
what...people flock to me..GOAT!
78.50"

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :happy1: :cool: When will this be happening?  Whatever you do :scratch: don't tell 'em you know glenn. :rolleyes: :tut: :sleazy:  ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I've heard nuthin but good things about Geiger's.  :Clap: Can't think of any reason why we can't get together. :cool:
« Last Edit: February 02/07/19, 11:52:33 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  :happy1: :cool: When will this be happening?  Whatever you do :scratch: don't tell 'em you know glenn. :rolleyes: :tut: :sleazy:  ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I've heard nuthin but good things about Geiger's.  :Clap: Can't think any reason why we can't get together. :cool:
:mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :moon: :moon: :moon:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
next weekend not this weekend.
78.50"

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just FYI Boar, our buddy from Marcel said yday on another site that Geiger's on FB said they had 20" of snow & 3' of ice over there.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just FYI Boar, our buddy from Marcel said yday on another site that Geiger's on FB said they had 20" of snow & 3' of ice over there.
and on winnie the only possible lake travel is plowed roads unless you have a track vehicle. they also reported when drilling holes water was coming up like a geyser!!!!!!

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Bowstring in winter is mainly crappies and a few perch mixed in. Also a tullibee or a sucker once in a while. Not real good for walleye in winter but can be good at times during the soft water season. Right now from the looks of it you are stuck to fishing close to the road system out there and that has been pounded hard this winter. Last report I got out there was not real good. Even snowmobile travel is tough with a lot of slush in many areas. Good luck, I'm waiting now for the melt down before I hit it again!!