Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Land visit workout  (Read 1645 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
We were only able to drive about half way back to my land.  That meant walking the remaining 1.25 miles.  For the most part the snow was soft on the top but was quit deep in places.  Often it was half way up to my knee.  Some swamp edges were well over my knees but being it was soft with a little effort I could push through.  Of course this took a toll on my legs and I needed frequent breaks to rest and recover.  After wandering around for a while I headed out.  About a third of the way out I questioned the wisdom of walking in as my legs were pretty much shot.  Fortunately it was nice out and I could follow the trail I made on the way in.  However, I was really happy to see my pickup when I rounded the last bend.  I'm not just a glutton for punishment and did have a real reason to make the trek out there.  In our ever on going effort enhance and improve our "mecca" I negotiated a land swap.  The north east corner of the neighbors property was about 150 yards from my cabin.  There was about 6 acres of field and woods on the corner that he could not access without crossing my property or a swamp.  We owned 4 acres of a point that was connected to the north east corner of his land.  We also could only access this woods by crossing his land or crossing a swamp.  It only made sense that the properties that could use the land owned it.  I had given the survey guy the locations of where to place the property lines (10 acres each piece with the property lines in the swamps) They had a much harder time than me because I wasn't carrying equipment and I did not go out in the swamps.  Next I need to write up the sale and purchase documents. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
You are blessed and a good steward!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good for you DE!!!  and I hear ya on the walking!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Um, snowshoes, X-skis, snowmobiles.  :rolleyes:

Or Drone if you just want a look-see and don't want the walk!  :happy1:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Leech,
I guess I could but here is the reason I walked in.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***