Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: new open face reels  (Read 14647 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
No, me and Gunner are gonna decide for ya. A Pflueger President would be just perfect!  Got 5 of 'em on my UL's!  It's fun spending yer money.  :rotflmao:
yea but sure a tight azz with yours!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: see spark plugs!!!!!! :rotflmao:

I looked at the presidents up at runnings in grand rapids, I think there bigger then I want!!!!!!!

Hey, when yer trying to live on a small check, ya do what you have to. Best not to go there. I get by the best I can.

The President 6720 is for 75 yds of 2-6lbs test, ya weenie......if ya need smaller than that, use a thimble and some sewing thread! They are small!
I'd post a pic of mine, but yer gonna end up buying a Zebco anyway. Why give out advice?
« Last Edit: March 03/25/19, 07:29:55 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Really, you give me crap about spending my money but I can't give you crap back.  :confused: fine! :moon:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, go ahead. Yer right. no prob.
« Last Edit: March 03/25/19, 07:58:18 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Golly, you guys remind me of an old radio show....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmn5m_84A9A

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Golly, you guys remind me of an old radio show....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmn5m_84A9A
yea soooooo whats your point!!!!!!!! :scratch: :scratch:

Offline hawg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Be careful some of them are real finger bangers when you reel. I had one of the early ones and gave it away. Never did like pain!
I've been your age, you never been mine!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Be careful some of them are real finger bangers when you reel. I had one of the early ones and gave it away. Never did like pain!
:happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
If you'd ever drive a few miles south of Red Wing, ya could try all mine out,....and maybe get a nice lunch outta the deal, not to mention seeing some cool antique 1940's  lures with their original boxes!  ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 03/27/19, 06:23:34 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
No, me and Gunner are gonna decide for ya. A Pflueger President would be just perfect!  Got 5 of 'em on my UL's!  It's fun spending yer money.  :rotflmao:
yea but sure a tight azz with yours!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: see spark plugs!!!!!! :rotflmao:

I looked at the presidents up at runnings in grand rapids, I think there bigger then I want!!!!!!!

Hey, when yer trying to live on a small check, ya do what you have to. Best not to go there. I get by the best I can.

The President 6720 is for 75 yds of 2-6lbs test, ya weenie......if ya need smaller than that, use a thimble and some sewing thread! They are small!
I'd post a pic of mine, but yer gonna end up buying a Zebco anyway. Why give out advice?
Runnings/Grand Rapids?  :scratch: :confused: Must not of had your Tanzanian coffee yet, that day.  :sleazy: :sleazy: :evil: :tut::doofus: ;) :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
He's just gotta be difficult.  :rolleyes:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
nice lure Reb, got a couple like that too in the box!!  way cool!!!  :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Runnings/Grand Rapids?  :scratch: :confused: Must not of had your Tanzanian coffee yet, that day.  :sleazy: :sleazy: :evil: :tut::doofus: ;) :rotflmao:
OOPS..............musta not. L & M, there that better!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :happy1: Yeah Reb, everybody's got be GOOD at something! :scratch: :rolleyes: ;) :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  :happy1: Yeah Reb, everybody's got be GOOD at something! :scratch: :rolleyes: ;) :rotflmao:
:happy1: :happy1: :happy1: and damn proud of it!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :sleazy: :sleazy: :sleazy:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

OOPS..............musta not. L & M, there that better!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
MUCH!! :happy1: ;) :smiley:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

The 6720 is pretty small & not everywhere handles them. :scratch: I have 2 Pfluegers on the rods I use the most, 6720 or 25 on my UL & a 6730 or 35 on my (ML) rod. Hard to beat 'em for price & reliability IMO.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
If you'd ever drive a few miles south of Red Wing, ya could try all mine out,....and maybe get a nice lunch outta the deal, not to mention seeing some cool antique 1940's  lures with their original boxes!  ;)
:scratch: :scratch: :doah: and here i thought seeing you was looking at an antique????????????

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
                                      :popcorn:         

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Lol, you guys can piss n moan bout anything. Never believed in them spinners with a quick fire thing a ma jing,  I open and close the bail with the same hand, like boar said..index finger. No cranking and clunking to close the bail.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
So do all the guys that use the Presidents.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I've had some reels that use the trigger thing to open the bail.  I prefer the manual version over the trigger version.   

But it seems a matter of personal preference.   

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Should probably start it's own thread,  but who reels in a spinning reel (open faced)  left handed??? Not me!! Too unorthodox it seems,  all my bait casters are right handed so might as well keep fighting fish the right way!!  :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Should probably start it's own thread,  but who reels in a spinning reel (open faced)  left handed??? Not me!! Too unorthodox it seems,  all my bait casters are right handed so might as well keep fighting fish the right way!!  :happy1:

way too funny!!  with a hand tiller mine are all left handed cranks!!  it's all what we get used too!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I do ya schmuck!!! :rotflmao:  :confused: :rotflmao:

Besides I thought I made it
Perfectly clear starting this thread it wasn't about the brand, but about the quick fire thing a bob. :nerd: :nerd:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

way too funny!!  with a hand tiller mine are all left handed cranks!!  it's all what we get used too!!!   :happy1: :happy1:
I do ya schmuck!!! :rotflmao:  :confused: :rotflmao:

Besides I thought I made it
Perfectly clear starting this thread it wasn't about the brand, but about the quick fire thing a bob. :nerd: :nerd:
Me too! Most of mine, spinning or baitcaster, crank lefthanded. :scratch: Perfectly clear?? :bonk: :scratch: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: ;)
« Last Edit: March 03/27/19, 09:11:49 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
all the cool people use left handed cranks, left on!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well said Boar!!!!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I am old shool I guess.  Swap hands and crank baitcasters with my right.   Spinning, no swap and crank with left (Except for the summer I broke my right arm at the shoulder and had to train myself to cast with my left arm, and crank with the right that was in a shoulder restrainer.)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
all the cool people use left handed cranks, left on!!

Why would you right hand crank?! Need that finger to hold the line!  :rotflmao: I tried the trigger ones years ago when they were popular (80's)  for a bit, and the only one I liked best was the small graphite Cardinal GTI with "quickfire" type bail. ( I had access to all the new reels from a sporting goods store mgr buddy) I had bigger ones on my walleye rods, and they seemed "better" than on the smaller reels. Do like using those, and I still do use them. But, on my smaller reels, I prefer the regular bail and finger method. I feel I have better control with that. It's whatever ya like!
Still have 7 or 8 trigger Shimano's on the waldo rods ..and about the same number of bail type spinning on the other waldo rods. Maybe it's time to sell down sell a few... :scratch:
Have I got a deal for Glenn!  :rotflmao:

That early Cardinal GTI...and the trigger-type reels...

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 03/28/19, 08:51:42 AM by Rebel SS »