Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Had enough Snow?  (Read 3199 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
well it could be worse,good friend lives in breckenridge colo,this is his driveway 80"s last week and still dumpimg....PS~ Thats his 10 yr old toro snow blower that is still doing its job.tough machines.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 03/11/19, 10:07:40 AM by snow1 »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
79.8" here................... so far.  :rolleyes:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
yeah well,out west it was 80's in one week 350"s so far this winter another 20"s forcasted tonight in breckenridge colo....this storm stretches from colorado to motanana on its way here to minn

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That little Ditty by Jack and Diane was pretty cool Dotch.  Well about too much snow.  My neighbor called and he got a newer Bobcat.  His other one was pretty small.  SO now he can use the attachments our buddy that does it for hire has.  SO he is going to drop his Bobcat with the snowblower off here on Friday I think so I can use it till I am done getting my fishhouse off the river.   :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:  How cool is that?  He used it on the river over at his place which is 1/4 mile from me.  Just had a guy with a chain saw cutting into the ice every so far.  Making sure it is at least a foot thick without going through to let water up.  That will be his job. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I agree mikey! One of them Bobcats with a blower would seem ideal.  :happy1: Sounds like yer being careful & safe Barry. Good luck getting the house off the river. Was graphic evidence of some epic battles here getting houses free and off the lakes.  :shocked:
« Last Edit: March 03/12/19, 09:52:42 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That will be nice Barry.  :happy1: :happy1: Good luck.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have run them a lot so that's no problem.  I enjoy running equipment as that is a lot of what I did back in the working days.  LOL  I am a little nervous about going out on the river with it.  I see this as 2 projects.  #1.  Clearing the snow for about 100 yards to the river.  #2.  Making a road on the river to the fish house.  If the melt lasts maybe I won't need to do the river stretch. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
How thick is the ice on the river?

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
You should be good to go then. Lots of ice.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Seen a couple houses headed north this am, more sleds though. A couple goin south comin back too
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
River ice scares me. Probably because I haven't much experience with it.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ice is starting to break up down here. Morjits screaming DANGER DANGER. Some areas already flooded. I have 1" in my rain gauge just from today. Heavy rains tonite....then tomorrow...then snow Thursday nite. I'm gonna start selling tickets to see  this friggin' zoo.
A neighbors DECK collapsed from all the snow and rain. Ripped it right off the house. Idjit was too lazy to push the snow off. Was a Menards fiddlestix deck anyway. I think all hell is gonna break loose down here real soon. Grab yer boats and c'mon down.
« Last Edit: March 03/13/19, 07:35:12 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
bouses headed north will com back every resort from west to east is  closed to wheel houses till further notice
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
bouses headed north will com back every resort from west to east is  closed to wheel houses till further notice
I'm not surprised, Boar, as the resort you went out of over on Bowstring pulled all the remaining houses that were setting in the staging area they had in front of their lodge yday too. I think just about all those houses, there was 5 or 6 out there yet, are privately owned. He had just plowed it a day or 2 earlier.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon