Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Gophers  (Read 28598 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It was quite the roller coaster game though as Garza got off to a great start then Wiescamp & Fredrick hit a 3 each, suddenly Ia was up 12-14 points early in the 1st half. Only to have the Illini come back & tie it at 1/2 time. :crazy:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll be watchin too, Dotch. Not real optimistic though as both regular season games were
 real tight & it's almost unheard of to beat the same team 3 times in 1 season. Heard some of the experts talkin this morning about there's a good chance that the NCAA tourneys being cancelled now too. :crazy: I can totally understand them having to do it but other than my  :fishing: it's 'bout my favorite time of the year so  :pouty:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Big Ten cancelled..............

https://kttc.com/2020/03/12/big-ten-mens-basketball-tournament-canceled-due-to-covid-19/
:pouty: :pouty: :confused: yea, sure.......just when dotch's alma mater was gonna run the table to the NCAA crown!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh, he'll be runnin' the table alright.... :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/12/20, 11:33:44 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Dadgummit! Here I was hoping the see Frannie blow a gasket without the buffer of the crowd noise!  :sad: Guess I'll have to watch Gunsmoke instead! :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Big Ten cancelled..............

https://kttc.com/2020/03/12/big-ten-mens-basketball-tournament-canceled-due-to-covid-19/
Went to check out the 11:00 game & they had all the major conference tourneys cancelled then, looked like 3 or 4 more of the smaller conferences had followed suit. They were also sayin then that there was some talk of a lot of major D 1 schools suspending the all athletic programs.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just saw they cancelled the entire NBA season...and the one game where they were ready to play, they came on and told everyone to leave and go home...including the team. Holy crap...

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
One way to put an end to the Timberwolves losing streak... :embarrassed:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: March 03/24/20, 03:04:14 PM by Dotch »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
WOW!  The Gophers haven't had a player drafted by the NBA since Kris Humphries in 2004.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard Dotch ALMOST got drafted but he had bunions. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: or was it bone spurs, I don't remember. :scratch: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/24/20, 03:40:55 PM by glenn57 »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You probably mean ONIONS. Little ones. In his G&T's.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
As expected...

https://www.mndaily.com/article/2020/03/s-gophers-daniel-oturu-declares-for-nba-draft 

Know anything more than this on Garza Gunner?

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2020/03/24/2020-nba-draft-early-entry-tracker/ 
I heard early in the conference season that he'd said early on that he was planning on coming back for his senior season. :happy1: :cool: Hope so, I've heard nothing to contradict that so far down here.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
My hat's off to Garza if he does stick around. I hope he stays healthy and tears up the conference like he did this past year.

This one or two and done business is one more reason the NBA gets zero, zip, nada of my entertainment dollar. Of course the Timberwolves perpetually sucking doesn't help. And the way the pro game is played, it's tough to keep me interested. Boring basketball played with travelling encouraged if you're a star and token to nonexistent effort on defense. Pew.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, I'm the same with the NBA. :thumbs: Might watch a little of the playoffs, maybe. Overpaid divas most of 'em. Somebody sittin on the bench most of the time can make $10+ mil & the big stars it's more like $40+ mil/year. Those owners must be rakin it in.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I see where Garza has declared for the draft earlier this week but he's keeping his elegibility as he's not ranked that high, #81, in this years draft. :scratch: Right now they're sayin he'd be #1 next year though. :crazy: 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good to know Gunner. Marcus Carr has indicated he will test the waters as well but sounds like same as Garza, he's maintaining his eligibility. Carr is a decent point guard but he defintely needs at least one more year at the college level to work on some of his bad habits. He can take over games but he can also disappear for stretches or several games at a time. If he leaves, the Gophers are in an even deeper world of hurt. Payton Willis is transferring and the guard play last year beyond Carr & Gabe Kalscheur leaves a lot to be desired. They couldn't score, handle the ball, stay out of foul trouble or guard anyone. Other than that they were pretty good!  :rotflmao:

On the bright side, they picked up the 7 footer Liam Robbins from Drake who is reputedy a stud in the rough. Coach him up like they did Oturu and we might have something. Whether the NCAA will make him elgible or not is the question. If he's coming here the NCAA usually has a hard on for the Goppher's BB program so wouldn't hold my breath. Think Marcus Carr. They also got grad-transfer 6'8" power forward Brandon Johnson. Word on him is he may be like the pre-injury Eric Curry which would be a step up from Demir. Oh and almost forgot: Matt Haarms will be transferring someplace from Purdue. Hasn't said where he'll land yet but MN is on his short list. Bets are he'll wind up at Kentucky where they have no big man presently. Regardless, it still doesn't address the sudden dearth of decent guard play.   :confused:
« Last Edit: April 04/12/20, 11:43:57 AM by Dotch »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
How are da cheerleaders looking?? :scratch: :scratch: :sad:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
There's that SEKS thing again... :scratch:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Like bucketball, it just knows no bounds.  ;)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
There's that SEKS thing again... :scratch:
:tut: :tut: :pouty: I prefer to consider it visual art!!👍 :happy1: :rotflmao: :sleazy:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
But, what if you couldn't see? Then what?  :confused:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
But, what if you couldn't see? Then what?  :confused:
:tut: hypothetical!! :smoking: :sleazy:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, at least you didn't say what I THOUGHT you were gonna.... :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Not the Gophers or even the BIG 10 but I seen on ESPN this am that a small JC up on the iron range, Mesabi JC in Virginia, has hired an ex-WNBA player to coach their men's team. It's believed to be the 1st woman HC of any mens college program in the country. They were 6-19 last season.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
They had that on the news last night. Thought I heard them say she played her high school ball down in the cities.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Tamara Moore, she played at Mpls North & was a highschool all-american her senior year. Won a state title that season as well. Played college ball at Wisconsin & was the programs all time leader in steals & assists when she left.
« Last Edit: April 04/13/20, 03:38:08 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
hey dotcheroony........you follow gopher sports pretty close. seen an article in the trib that there are 3 college men basketball players transferring to the U. 2 of the 3 need to get eligiblity waivers to play this coming season, but the paper said these 3 could all be starters.

why are these guys all deciding to transfer here??????? its not like the U is the mecca to come and play BB. i dont recall hearing about them at all so they dont make front page news or highlite  reels that i recall.

i question the Pitino kid as coach is someone top talent wants to play for either???????????