Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Governor’s Fishing Opener  (Read 3200 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
The 72nd Annual MN. Governor’s Fishing Opener will be held May 9-12, 2019 in Albert Lea.

:coffee: ...
About the Minnesota Governor’s Fishing Opener.......
The Minnesota Governor’s Fishing Opener has been a tradition in Minnesota since 1948. It was designed to improve Minnesota’s economy through the development and promotion of the state’s recreational opportunities, especially fishing. The first opener was a cooperative promotion between the state’s resort industry, media, and public officials. Today, the emphasis is even broader. It celebrates the kickoff of the summer tourism season. The special partnership continues today with a promotional focus on a host community as well as recreational opportunities statewide.

Review......  :moon:
Daniel Pham3 years ago

:coffee: ....  :oops1:
looks good but how about showing the real Albert Lea. 2 malls barely functioning, lots of abandoned buildings, terrible lakes due to algae and not being deep, how the town shuts down after 8, the only thing for people to do go to a park that doesnt have much to offer or a bar, that there is nothing for teens/adults to do for fun, how about the local hang out is walmart. I am a real resident and if you or anyone else wants to know the real info on the town just email me lil_cas02@yahoo.com with the subject something about albert lea so i know its not spam  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/29/19, 03:50:04 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Hey maybe Dotch could be the gov's sidekick!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hey maybe Dotch could be the gov's sidekick!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

OR.....maybe Dotch could just kick da Gov in da side :doah:
« Last Edit: March 03/29/19, 08:51:00 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: violence wont get you nowhere!!!!!!!!!! :tut: :tut:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Fishing opener on Albert Lea "lake"?! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
That's a 10' deep sewage pit! Might catch a carp! My Mom's house was right on that lake for many years before she moved back here....I know all about that "lake". 'Course, maybe it does suit Walz...he could put a special carp tax in place.  :moon:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

Dat's what I keep tryin ta tell Borgie. But Glenn!, It never seems ta work :pouty:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 03/29/19, 09:17:03 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
why cant they fish ok ne of mn premire lakes, onnthat mn is noted for. dumbcraps
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Fishing opener on Albert Lea "lake"?! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
That's a 10' deep sewage pit! Might catch a carp! My Mom's house was right on that lake for many years before she moved back here....I know all about that "lake". 'Course, maybe it does suit Walz...he could put a special carp tax in place.  :moon:

We lived there in the early 70's and noone fished the lake. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
why cant they fish ok ne of mn premire lakes, onnthat mn is noted for. dumbcraps

What page in the Boarnese book of translation is that sentence on?   :rotflmao:

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
oh come on, read thru it, yull get it.
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
OK...here goes..."They should fish premier NE Minnysoda lakes, but Walz is a dumbcrap"...

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Everybody relax! We've got this covered... :rotflmao:

They rotate the opener around every year and this time we drew the short straw. Actually it's a big deal involving a couple hundred people. Some of the sportsman's club guys were in here yesterday telling about some of the stuff they have to do for it. Some of them will be guiding and others will be hauling press people around and so forth. It won't all take place on Albert Lea Lake. Sounds like they move around some so there are some other smaller lakes such as Pickerel, Geneva, Beaver & maybe St. Olaf that they mentioned being part of the mix. I could've seen doing the lakes over by Fairmont or up in the area by Mankato like German, Jefferson, Elysian, Madison, Frances, etc.   

Ya, Albert Lea Lake ain't exactly a prime destination. Shallow & muddy with some channels dredged in it. I remember stories about guys being sent out to fish the dead livestock carcasses out of it that were floating around when the packing plant was in operation there. A lot of fecal material was also dumped in it. We were talking about people catching koi out of Fountain Lake in town as well. Hopefully they infected the carp with that virus like they did up in Lake Elysian! No doubt the town is in rough shape too. The joke is there are two kinds of people who live in Albert Lea: Mexicans and old people. A lot of truth to that.       
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
And Dotch, I suppose your the first name on the volunteer list to assist the Lt. Governor! :sleazy: :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao: :tut:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Dat's what I keep tryin ta tell Borgie. But Glenn!, It never seems ta work :pouty:
Lee, I'm almost certain that wedding band null and void that part. :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
And Dotch, I suppose your the first name on the volunteer list to assist the Lt. Governor! :sleazy: :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao: :tut:

Oooo! She's kind of a cutie altho I suspect our politics might be a tad different. Could head down to the pond to look for nitecrawlers tho then check her for ticks afterwards... :sleazy:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
OK...here goes..."They should fish premier NE Minnysoda lakes, but Walz is a dumbcrap"...
[/qu ote]
close ...one of the premire mn lakes.
78.50"