Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Ask a Conservation Officer  (Read 1058 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
   Ask a Conservation Officer:

What to do if I shoot the wrong deer :bonk:

Q: While deer hunting I hit a doe instead of the buck I was aiming at and don’t have a tag for it. What do I do?

A: As Conservation Officers we know that mistakes can happen. The worst thing someone can do if a mistake is made is let the animal go to waste, hide it, or try to get away with it. If you make a mistake such as this the best thing you can do is call your local Conservation Officer. If you self-report the violation, you stand a far better chance of receiving a warning. I can’t speak for all officers,  but frequently a warning can be given for something like this. However, you can almost guarantee a citation if you are caught trying to hide a violation.

To find out who your local officer is, the DNR website has a CO locator with a map of station lines. You can also call the Minnesota DNR information line at 1 (888) MINNDNR (646-6367) which is answered 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday. State Conservation Officers are dispatched through the state patrol dispatch center, so an on duty officer can be reached by calling the dispatch for your area at any time.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again