Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Tribal member fined for .......  (Read 9738 times)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
So, how many months before the spawn is it ok with you guys to kill a walleye?   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :pouty: Sheez Del, give it a rest. That beef, chicken, pork, or that cod you eat needs to reproduce too, yet you don't seem to mind killing that. Hell even the veggies and fruit gotta reproduce. :doofus:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Do we need to get out the chart again?   :scratch:   

Anytime after the Mommy fish drops her 100,000 eggs!  Since mommy fish most likely will be to big for the Slots she and the rest of her girl friends will be back next year to give us all more fun and food.  Unless the folks with the nets come by and take Mommy fish home or throw her dead body in the woods some where before she can drop her eggs.  :fish2: 
I'm running out of crayon now Del!  ;)

Walleye spawn over rock, rubble, gravel and similar substrate in rivers or windswept shallows in water 1 to 6 feet deep, where current clears away fine sediment and will cleanse and aerate eggs. Male walleye move into spawning areas in early spring when the water temperature may be only a few degrees above freezing. The larger females arrive later. Spawning reaches its peak when water temperature ranges from 42 to 50 degrees. A five-pound female deposits more than 100,000 eggs. Neither parent cares for the eggs in any way.
« Last Edit: April 04/12/19, 07:11:02 PM by Leech~~ »
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

1 month.  That is why we close the fishing seasons then.  So the females can drop eggs with the male fertilizing them without being harassed. 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: Sheez Del, give it a rest. That beef, chicken, pork, or that cod you eat needs to reproduce too, yet you don't seem to mind killing that. Hell even the veggies and fruit gotta reproduce. :doofus:

You must have me confused with some one else.  I'm the guy arguing that it doesn't matter significantly what time of year or how a walleye is killed, just how many and which ones.      Some others here think timing does matter, and hooks are the only proper way.   And there is plenty of reproduction going on in Mille Lacs.  The recent troubles were, if you believe the scientists, because the babies weren't surviving their first couple years due to there being too many big momma cannibals swimming around.   

And another thing is that there can be too many babies hatched, so none of them get enough to eat and they don't survive winter.   

So, slots and protecting big females can be counter productive.   

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

:doah:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

You must have me confused with some one else.  I'm the guy arguing that it doesn't matter significantly what time of year or how a walleye is killed, just how many and which ones.      Some others here think timing does matter, and hooks are the only proper way.   And there is plenty of reproduction going on in Mille Lacs.  The recent troubles were, if you believe the scientists, because the babies weren't surviving their first couple years due to there being too many big momma cannibals swimming around.   

And another thing is that there can be too many babies hatched, so none of them get enough to eat and they don't survive winter.   

So, slots and protecting big females can be counter productive.

HELLO!!!READ THE SENTENCES IN BOLD. THERE WILL BE FAR LESS BABIES IF YA NET THE MOMMA'S FULL OF EGGS DURING SPAWN FOR FRIGGIN' CRAPSAKES! THAT MAKES IT A SIGNIFICANT TIME OF YEAR!!!!
END OF POINT!!!

"And another thing is that there can be too many babies hatched, so none of them get enough to eat and they don't survive winter."   

Ya, that's true of every fish, tadpole, fry, etc.......and that's why you don't need to kill MORE off of a species that is already getting netted to death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :banghead:
« Last Edit: April 04/13/19, 10:01:32 AM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds pretty solid Reb!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I got an idea! Since the treaty states "at the pleasure of the President", how about if all you Trump supporters get in touch with him and get him to stop the netting! If he does that I might give him another look.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya! he could take all the nets and put them between the border walls to catch 'em when they run.... 🏃‍♂️<<<<<<<<<<<<

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I got an idea! Since the treaty states "at the pleasure of the President", how about if all you Trump supporters get in touch with him and get him to stop the netting! If he does that I might give him another look.
There you go Roony, get the petition going and I'll sign it!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

AHA!  I didn't know that Roony.  I think Trump may be the one that would have the kahonnies to do it.  Or lack of something but who cares if we can get him to do it. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
OR maybe the whole deal is that we should all be bound by the same season dates.  Indian and Pale Face!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
OR maybe the whole deal is that we should all be bound by the same season dates.  Indian and Pale Face!

I believe that's politically incorrect. I'm sure you mean Honky.... ;)
« Last Edit: April 04/13/19, 02:11:43 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

You mean all men live as one. Wasn't that a Beatles song?  :scratch:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya what was I thinking?  That would never work.