Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: NHL playoffs  (Read 3108 times)

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Alright boys it’s time for hockey playoffs. Oh yeah that’s right, sorry guys maybe next year y’all make it.  :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: . This is going to be a slow and one sided thread.  :sleazy:  GO PENS!!!
« Last Edit: April 04/07/19, 09:52:27 AM by Coffee118 »
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :pouty: :pouty: yes it will. that wild team is so under achieving??? not sure if its the coach or players.

I get the sneaky feeling we may have a new head coach next year...…… reckon the wild and blackhawks are setting up Tee times already. :doofus: :doofus:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Seems every Minnysoda sports team has always been underachieving....except the old Stars.
I'm hanging onto my old North stars jerseys, beer cans, and caps.... :azn:
« Last Edit: April 04/07/19, 10:11:00 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I agree Reb. Losing the Northstars was a real punch in the gut after watching them back in the days of Al McAdam, Mike Polich, Neal Broten, Dino Ciccarelli, Jack Carlson, Basil McRae, Bobby Smith, the Gumper, Maniago and the list goes on. Have had a real hard time warming up to the Wild (stupid name). They've shown me nuttin' so far other than I like their logo.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: April 04/08/19, 11:19:56 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I agree Reb. Losing the Northstars was a real punch in the gut after watching them back in the days of Al McAdam, Mike Polich, Neal Broten, Dino Ciccarelli, Jack Carlson, Basil McRae, Bobby Smith, the Gumper, Maniago and the list goes on. Have had a real hard time warming up to the Wild (stupid name). They've shown me nuttin' so far other than I like their logo.  :rolleyes:
damn your old!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: you forgot Glen Sonmore!!!!!!!! :happy1:
« Last Edit: April 04/08/19, 11:41:19 AM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Its easy to remember the good stuff.

The North Stars were here 26 seasons and made the playoffs 15 times, 9 of those times they lost in the first round.  However, they did have two good runs to the Stanley Cup finals in 1980-81 and 1990-91, but lost in each of them.  I'm not criticizing or judging their record, but lets not confuse their accomplishments with the dynastic success of the Canadiens, Islanders, and Oilers during the same era.

I was in high school back when the North Stars were in town.  The thing I wax nostalgic about is that a kid slinging burgers could drive down to the arena on the night of the game and afford to buy a ticket.  These days you need a separate line item in the family budget to take a family of 4 to a regular season hockey game.  But that isn't the Wild's fault.  All sporting events are that way now.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Spose Lee just became a Panthers fan with Quennville being named head coach down yonder..  :happy1: :clap:

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow that was quick and painful to watch. Guess it’s tome for us to start booking tee times now.  :pouty:
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Sorry yer Pengies lost, Coffee.... :undecided:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry yer Pengies lost, Coffee.... :undecided:
Not me, this is good. That all I better say...

Offline Retired on Osakis

• Master Outdoorsman
  not sure if its the coach or players.

I get the sneaky feeling we may have a new head coach next year...……
Players. Coach stays but they need to pick up a couple players that can score on a consistent bases.