Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Possible new toy  (Read 5592 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'm pretty sure I bought this last night.  I haven't paid for it but we agreed on a price and shook on it so.....as for me, I'm committed.
2008 Yamaha Grizzly with 220 miles.  Driven by an old guy who hasn't used it for the past two years.  Must admit, I looks just like it did when he drove it out of the dealership.  Granted it's 10 years old but it could just as well be 1 month old.  I don't need the plow but it came with it and the guy didn't want it.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
yup love those deals like the 2 ranchers i pick up last year at an estate auction. Good for you. i might be interested in the plow if yu dont need it.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Nice. You'll like that yammy hammer. There pretty reliable.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We have a 2005 Grizzly and we love it. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
when the wife and i upgraded i was looking at the yamaha cause we already had one, its what my parents have at the cabin also. the dealership didnt seem to want to sell one so we went elsewhere. went to a dealer in or near willmar, they cared a bunch of different brands so we went with the can am. i love that thing!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Can'r ever go wrong with a Yamaha. Had them ever since I was 14.  :happy1:

Make sure ya clean out that tank and the carb good...just sayin'.
« Last Edit: April 04/16/19, 09:21:46 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yyea a CAN-AM is an upgrade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
yyea a CAN-AM is an upgrade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
:tut: :thumbs: A low mileage 2011 Grizzly for us, we use it all year. If it's NOT 8" of the wet heavy snow we can clear our ~ 600' long diveway good enough to get out with 3-4 passes up & back, 15 minutes max. :happy1: No chains just locked in 4 wheel. Really like the EPS too as sis's old wheelers steer like a D 9
« Last Edit: April 04/17/19, 11:20:08 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You should try steering one on tracks.  Oh boy.  EPS would be great!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I currently drive a 2001 Yamaha Kodiak 400 so I am very familiar with the Yamaha.  Only two small issues that I fixed myself in the 18 years that I have been using it.  Hard to beat that record.  I guess this one should last as long as I'm able to throw a leg over (or ride side saddle). 

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
holy crap... that's sweet.
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I like Yamaha! Next one I buy will be a Yamaha.
The one I got now, has been running so long that it has lifetime tabs on it.  :happy1:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm pretty sure I bought this last night.  I haven't paid for it but we agreed on a price and shook on it so.....as for me, I'm committed.
2008 Yamaha Grizzly with 220 miles.  Driven by an old guy who hasn't used it for the past two years.  Must admit, I looks just like it did when he drove it out of the dealership.  Granted it's 10 years old but it could just as well be 1 month old.  I don't need the plow but it came with it and the guy didn't want it.

Run her slow with some Seafoam in it the first tank. I learned how bad motors sitting for years with little use can tarnish up inside from my last sled that only had 225 miles on it.  :sad:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Run her slow with some Seafoam in it the first tank. I learned how bad motors sitting for years with little use can tarnish up inside from my last sled that only had 225 miles on it.  :sad:
leech, this is a yamaha, not a frigid kitty!!!!!!!!!! :nerd: :nerd:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

leech, this is a yamaha, not a frigid kitty!!!!!!!!!! :nerd: :nerd:

Well it is a 4 cycle not a 2 cycle but inside motor and carb tarnish could care less.  ;)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Uh, that's VARNISH up.... what happens to real old gas. ;)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Del? ;) :rolleyes: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

No wonder your wood working projects look like shat!  You need to add the VARNISH before they TARNISH!  :crazy:   :bonk: :bonk:  :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh dang! Now ya tell me!!!  :doah:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Title transferred, paid for and now in my garage.  Still looks like new to me.
In case anyone is wondering, I paid $3800 for it with the plow.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I think ya done good....   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That's a great deal deadeye!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh ya I wondered but didn't want to be rude and ask.  Good looking ride there DE.  I have a 2004 and a 2005 and think of upgrading but we don't put any miles on them and they run great so just keep what we got.  Have fun with your new toy DE.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: Looks nice. Good deal!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh boy, that is like new! Lookit the CV joint boots...and the barcode ID is still on the transfer case!!!!!!  :happy1:
« Last Edit: April 04/23/19, 07:08:17 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I've had it less than a day and have already made the first modification.  On older Yamaha's you could either hold the left hand brake or the right side foot break to move the locking pin on the shift lever.  I guess the manufacturer thought most people don't have two left arms (Left hand brake - Left side shift you get the picture) so they modified it so only the foot brake on the right side will allow you to shift.  This can be a big pain unless you are seated in the normal position.  I always use the left brake lever to put the ATV in park or neutral while loading, unloading or just moving it around while not actually on the machine.  Also, when clearing trails I often just sit with both legs off one side because I'm jumping on and off frequently.  Simple fix, unhook the spring on the interlock cable and wire it in the open position.  I may just do this on my Kodiak as well.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
One of ours is a Polaris 700.  Nice ATV but not as comfortable as the Grizzly.  The Grizzly is easier to steer too.  The big advantage with the Polaris is the shifting.  Push forward to to forward and back for reverse.  Much better to plow with.  No need to hit the hand or foot pedal.  And it is just a strait push or pull.  SO I put the tracks on the Grizzly and the plow on the Polaris.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good job deadeye! That one definitely looks like it was only ridden by a little old lady to church on Sunday.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)