Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Stump burning  (Read 3291 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have some stumps to burn so was youtubing some good ideas and found this one.  Great to do if you live in town.  https://youtu.be/P8eIpXfplGU

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Way cool!!!  :happy1: And Delphonic could sear his meat over that too!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
get the hot dogs and marshmallows out when ya do that!!!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
https://youtu.be/IgYyMc_BOUk  This is pretty cool too.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I love it!!!  :happy1: Bet ya could make a baked tater in that in about 20 seconds!  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: April 04/20/19, 03:51:33 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I like that top one....  :happy1: ..... where can I buy some fuse? I got some magnesium dust I could throw in there tooooooo....  :rotflmao:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ooooh! Mix it with some fine charcoal dust....*PHOOOOM*FLASH*      :shocked: :rotflmao:

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks to me like DIY cremation?

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
alls ive eve done iz with smaller stumps say up to 10 inches across, is  cut em down to grou d level, dig arounf the stup to expose some of the roots and make a trench around the stump, the load up the trench and bury the stu.p with charcoal and light the charcoal, big than 10" i take a chainsaw and cut a pocket and fill it with char oal and burn it, no more stumpy wumpy
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That was big stump he pulled out.  I didn't think he had a chance of pulling it.  So here is a couple of pics of our stump program.  Like I said whenever I went in to get another drink I would come out and the wife had fired up the Honda so she could fan the fire with the shop vac.  Funny as heck.  Like a kid in the candy store.  I am sure that is the plan for the day too. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
What's the black box with the wires? C-4, for if the fire doesn't work? :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like the pooch is enjoying the day too!!!    :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The black box is my bluetooth speaker.  Yup the yellow lab is Sammy.  Buddy the black lab must be off to the side.  I cut a deep waffle pattern in the stumps with my chain saw before we started the fires. 

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Looks like great fun, however, the stump was still there when the fire went out.   :pouty:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL  ya we do have some burning to do today but they will be gone by the end of the day.  Now I can mow a little easier there.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Speaking of stumps, I just made one today.  The fencing I got from my son is big enough (30X48 feet) to go around one garden.  It's actually bigger so I will expand the garden but there was an elm tree in the way so I cut it down.  I left the stump at the right height for a seat.  It may be around as long as I will be.
 :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We got our two elm stumps all burned up.   :happy1: :happy1: