Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Yup, that time of year....  (Read 2157 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup, just went out last weekend an stocked up on Permethrin, Picaridin, and Deet40

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
since this is been brought up.........cruising through fleet farm last nite, whats everyones opinion on this coleman bug spray. i am pretty sure its 40% deet. and they seemed to have alot of it. 2 pac for 10 bucks!!!!!!

probably need to get that tick stuff on the hounds soon.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
I’ve read that the 40% deep is just as effective as Picaridin, you just have to apply it more often. Of coarse permethrin is a long term spray for clothing. I usually use a combination of the deet and permethrin. The wife thinks that high of percentage of deet is bad for you, so she uses the Picaridin.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I’ve read that the 40% deep is just as effective as Picaridin, you just have to apply it more often. Of coarse permethrin is a long term spray for clothing. I usually use a combination of the deet and permethrin. The wife thinks that high of percentage of deet is bad for you, so she uses the Picaridin.

I'll be high doses of any of this stuff is bad for you.  Look what it does for ticks.

The other scary thing is that we don't often understand even what low doses do to you.  We just assume they are fine because we have been using them our whole lives.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Remember , DEET only repels the buggers....permethrin kills them. That's what's in lots of doggie flea and tick spray/collars. 'Spose ya could spray yerself with that.  :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't put any of that crap on me.  I just pick the ticks off.   :confused:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Or wear a collar like Glenn.   :shocked: :rotflmao:

[attachment deleted by admin]