Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Fishing opener/Crackdown on AIS  (Read 1729 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I just don't think it's up to Deputies to now be inspecting boats and issuing tickets  for AIS......that's not really their job, IMO. One class in AIS does not make them an expert.
Just my .02.....

https://www.kaaltv.com/news/fishing-opener-brings-crackdown-on-invasive-species---albert-lea/5328949/?cat=10151
« Last Edit: April 04/24/19, 07:08:26 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I would have to agree with you Rebs.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Me too, we've got a past president of the lake association that's done a lot of training with the DNR & actually works with the area AIS guy that we can call if we see anything looking weird. I know of 1 ticket written here last season for attempting to launch with some Zeebs on the trailer from the the year before. It wasn't written by a Deputy though but it wasn't a cheap ticket either
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Darn boater THUGS!  :angry:

Once you throw a few up against a gunwale and crack a few sculls may be they will learn to drain that livewell!  :drillsergeant: :police:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Since it happened last year we've learned that since most all the boats here only go in & out of this lake that there's a General Permit to Transport Watercraft Form available through the DNR site you can fill out & they won't ticket you for transporting AIS down the road. Just about every weekend from Opener to Labor Day there's someone monitoring the PA, usually it's someone on the lake working for the county but sometimes it's a DNR intern. From what I understand the person working for the county can't write a ticket but the DNR intern can. There's also a grant available from the county that the lake association matches so we have a Decon Unit at the PA just about every weekend & when the county unit isn't there the DNR unit usually is.  :happy1: :cool:
« Last Edit: April 04/25/19, 07:54:29 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon