Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's that on my lawn?  (Read 7385 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
What year is that Rebs?

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
2016. Swell little unit, even though I don't normally like Troy-bilt stuff. This one has the Briggs 12.5 HP Intek engine on it though, which is what I was looking for, while some have their Chinese Troy-built engines on 'em. Depends on where ya buy it from...mine also has a few more features than that model at other stores.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: April 04/29/19, 12:16:38 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We had an old 1 of my uncles that looked a lot like that but it was a POS Dynamark with a B & S motor & it was always hard to start. :mad1: Clutch/brake was really touchy too so nobody liked usin it. Was  :happy1: when we finally got rid of that 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup, old Dynamark stuff wasn't the best. MTD made those, and about every other one out there. Yet, some of the best mowers I've had were MTD. Easy to find parts and work on.
And the worst were Craftsman....guess who made those? MTD. Go figger. (They also make the non-commercial John Deere's now....Home Depot stuff) They also make....Troy-bilt!
Ya, clutch is touchy on mine, too, but if ya feather it when ya use it, it's not a prob. Most of the issues are from people not using stuff right or not using their head. The few negative reviews mine got were about the touchy clutch and that the shift knob falls off. Mine came off ten minutes after I had it, it's just pressed on a steel shaft. Five minutes later and a shot of epoxy in the hole and that thing hasn't moved in three years. It's not a 3G mower, it does the job well for what I paid for it.
« Last Edit: April 04/29/19, 01:41:58 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We've got a early 90's Craftsman with a narrow deck(42"(?)) 'cause the yard here wasn't very flat before. There's a 14 hp Kohler on that though, bought it new & it's been good to us. :cool:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I was talking their push mowers.....lots of old Cman riders with that engine around.
I gave up trying to get parts for the push mowers, and will NOT do any work on them anymore. Plus, now you CAN'T get parts for them. Toro has been putting Kohlers on their mowers, which use that goofy long nose 11mm Kohler spark plug. Need an 11mm plug socket for that...plus, no one puts a drain plug in anymore. Ya have to tip it on it's side.
My Toro does have the drain plug. New mowers now say you NEVER have to change the oil anymore, either....HAHAHAHA! Right...whatever works for ya.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Murray-21-Gas-Push-Lawn-Mower-with-Briggs-and-Stratton-Engine-Side-Discharge-Mulching-Rear-Bag-Rear-High-Wheels/722778981?athcpid=722778981&athpgid=athenaItemPage&athcgid=null&athznid=tic&athieid=v0&athstid=CS020&athguid=8579ccdf-b85-16a6a3d7bb69e1&athena=true
« Last Edit: April 04/29/19, 01:12:08 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Got thinkin too Reb, that old Dynamark had a Tecumseh motor :thumbs:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh, I loved the ol' Lauson Power products engines!!!!! Had a 3 HP on my mini-bike! :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 04/29/19, 06:18:07 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Always had choke/throttle cable issues on this 1 & had a trick or 2 to start it. So nobody but me used it much.