Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: opener!!!  (Read 11153 times)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Heading to LOW, staying at the wigwam , what everyone else doing?? watchout lee im gona hit a walleye in the high 20's to start of the challenge
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I live so far from the lake that we probably won't fish. Have not done an opener in many years. Good luck.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Gotta be cuckoo to go out on a lake for opener.... the lines...the idjits........:doofus:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 05/01/19, 02:51:07 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I live so far from the lake that we probably won't fish. Have not done an opener in many years. Good luck.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i'm more then likely gonna be working in da garden, like Reb said..............staying away form the insanity. :surrender: :surrender:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
i'm more then likely gonna be working in da garden, like Reb said..............staying away form the insanity. :surrender: :surrender:

2nd that!!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Prolly be snowing heavily down here.  :rolleyes:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

good place for it!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

good place for it!!!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: I agree!! :snow5: :snow5: :snow5: :snow3: :snow4: :snow2: he can take da red rocket out to mow it!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
There is a reason I always turkey hunt during opening fishing.
I can't take all the idiots at the landing and on the water.
I admit, I have a very short fuse (it has gotten better with age) but, why put myself through the stress?
I will be on the water shortly after opener, when they all have to go back to work.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll be out, usually lots of people on the water but most know how to control a boat in traffic so its actually a good time. Lots of talk between the boats and some heckling.  2 years in a row a bog has forced us to trailer to the other lake, not one rig had issues,  like clock work at the landing on and off. But ya most years its hit tge button on the boat lift and 15 minutes later the lines are in the water..good luck!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
We have one ONE narrow one-lane boat landing down here to get on the river or Lake Zumbro. It's a zoo, with trucks/boats backed up for a block or more on a nice day. Opener? Forget it! That's when I want to live in areas like you guys.....why we only have one dock-out, and it's OLD, not maintained, is a mystery to everyone.... :confused:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
like mystery cave then!!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll be out, usually lots of people on the water but most know how to control a boat in traffic so its actually a good time. Lots of talk between the boats and some heckling.  2 years in a row a bog has forced us to trailer to the other lake, not one rig had issues,  like clock work at the landing on and off. But ya most years its hit tge button on the boat lift and 15 minutes later the lines are in the water..good luck!!
back in the few years when we fishex Norway yea it was boat on boat but most where pretty respectful.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Up here it seems like the later in May is when the fishing gets better. Plus sometimes the ice i snot off of the lake yet. Opener we will probably be putting in the dock and rail system for the boat.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Up here it seems like the later in May is when the fishing gets better. Plus sometimes the ice i snot off of the lake yet. Opener we will probably be putting in the dock and rail system for the boat.
You got a trolley for your boat, JB? There's a couple of 'em on our end of the lake here, looks to be a good system. How hard is yours to set up? :scratch: I know 1 here is self installed & the other he pays someone to do it. I know the guy who is hired to install the 1 & he says it takes at least a couple guys as well as his skid loader. He said the rails are pretty heavy & can be a pain sometimes to get it lined up right. As far as opener, I was out last year for a couple hours as it was so nice & all I had to do was spin the crank to lower the boat into the water. No motor on our lift.........................yet.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have the floating dock so it is always in the water.  I don't have the boat or pontoon in yet but will by then.  We fish for awhile here on the river and then the wife likes to have a fire so I drop her off and I fish some more.  Depends on the weather though.  I am hoping for a nice warm opener. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, we have a shore tracker system. The wife and I put it in and take it out. We have a cement ramp, so I just push it in with my skidsteer as we bolt the sections together. My Grandparents had one when they had a place on Millelacs. We would put a hand winch on the end of the dock to pull it out as we bolted it together. It is some work in the spring and fall. But it is nice that the boat is out of the water when not being used.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, we have a shore tracker system. The wife and I put it in and take it out. We have a cement ramp, so I just push it in with my skidsteer as we bolt the sections together. My Grandparents had one when they had a place on Millelacs. We would put a hand winch on the end of the dock to pull it out as we bolted it together. It is some work in the spring and fall. But it is nice that the boat is out of the water when not being used.
You got me  :scratch: now. I know the 1 by me has no cement ramp but the other 1 may, gonna have to check it out a little closer. We were 1 of the 1st here to have a lift, the stamp on the winch says '99, for the same reason. :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
You don't need to have a cement ramp. We didn't the first 3-4 years we had it. In 2015 when they lifted the restrictions on the lake to repair the shorelines after the high water the year before we put in a cement ramp to the lake. Many, many ramps went in that summer.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
You don't need to have a cement ramp. We didn't the first 3-4 years we had it. In 2015 when they lifted the restrictions on the lake to repair the shorelines after the high water the year before we put in a cement ramp to the lake. Many, many ramps went in that summer.
We've had 8-10', maybe even 12' in some spots of rip rap along our shore for 15-20 years. Anti-erosion control, organized by the lake association, with some of help from the state/county as there was grant money available then. :cool: :happy1:
« Last Edit: May 05/03/19, 02:46:53 PM by Gunner55 »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That was done to our lot too before we bought it. The previous owner split the cost with the county(grant of some sorts) because of erosion back in 2001 when the water was high. Before that there was no rip rap. In 2014 the water was getting so high that the waves were getting behind the rip rap. We added another 36 yards of boulders to our shoreline that summer to help protect it. Of course there was no cost sharing this time. There were some lots along the beach that never did rip rap prior and I bet they lost 10-15 feet of shoreline.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Lots of drain fields were even destroyed in that high water.  Especially by Morris Point. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Spent some time down at the shore early today gettin things ready. Looks to me like the water's so high that our normal length of dock is close to double what we need this year. So either the 40' gets taller ;) or we tear it down to ~24". :crazy: :rolleyes:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey, good luck and stay safe if your one of them willing to battle the traffic on the roads and lake. May ya'all catch a lunker.

I'm going to drive past the horseshoe chain and check out the zoo

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It's not usually too bad :cool: here so if it's a nice day I'll probably go out, at least for a little while. :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
They are talking rain on the radio and on WCCO-TV for tomorrow but I just checked and now they upped the temp to 65 with no rain for us.  Is this just weather salesmanship to get everyone out fishing?  65 sounds great!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
ill be up on LOW putting up some big number to lead team boar to victory!!
78.50"

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn gave me some tips to catch big ones.   :sleazy: