Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: opener!!!  (Read 11069 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
ill be up on LOW putting up some big number to lead team boar to victory!!
:laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
boy....you aint got a life  do ya?
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
boy....you aint got a life  do ya?
sure do...........to make yours miserable!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao: ;)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm figuring boober might of tipped over in his lawn chair but now!! :drinking: :drinking: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I haven't gone to the opener for a long time.  Yes the lakes are busy and the peace and solitude will be hard to find but can be done.  I wait till the week after during the week.  Not everyone can do that [and that was my case for years] but now I can.  LOW Is a big and great lake and you can get away from crowds very easy if you want.  What a treasure we have in LOW to go to such a great fishery.  I'll probably not take my boat but fish off shore near Duluth.  Something I did as a kid before we had a boat and always caught walleye's this time of the year.  The spot is still there.  good luck.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Have fun Reiny!! :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm figuring boober might of tipped over in his lawn chair but now!! :drinking: :drinking: :laughroll: :laughroll:
Let's just say, it's been a good day!! :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Let's just say, it's been a good day!! :happy1:
:happy1: :bow: :cool: that's what it's all about!! ;)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Pretty cool water out here, 51 ° surface temp. Ended up with a couple small eyes,  1 small Norten and a sheapshead.  Gonna bobber up off da point tonight and go more vertical . Things should really heat up once the water temps get into the mid 60's..

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We only had 47-48* out on the main lake, pretty windy too. Hard to go slow enough out there so we came in to 1 of the shallower bays. We found 50* water there & less wind. Managed a couple nords there, 1st was too small to mess with & the 2nd was bigger but he didn't reach the boat as he spit the jig. Quite a few boats out, must've been another 5 or 6 at the entrance to our bay when we came in.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :sleazy: i'm betting my brudder and a couple his friends are on your system.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: more then likely though on the north end. they like to hit little sand and up the river. think it the rice river  :scratch: that goes towards squaw lake.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The wife and I went out for about 3 hours.  Pretty windy and lots of current so anchor slipped some.  Caught 5, kept 3.  Here is the woman I love and my favorite fishing partner. 

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 05/11/19, 01:51:21 PM by LPS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Atta boy lps!! Fishing was definitely slow, bobbered up with shiners last night and the 3 of us kept 7. All smaller males with the biggest at 17, it was strange though,  they weren't willing to chase a Lindy but I picked up 2 on a rapala.. all in all it was good to get back out.  :happy1:
« Last Edit: May 05/12/19, 10:28:14 AM by Bobberineyes »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Love a fresh walleye meal!!  Nice being out in the north country!!  I'm  going up to fish around Duluth Thursday.  Either for walleye's and crappies or drive up the north shore for steelhead.  I'll let my brother decide.  Good either way.  good luck.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Love a fresh walleye meal!!  Nice being out in the north country!!  I'm  going up to fish around Duluth Thursday.  Either for walleye's and crappies or drive up the north shore for steelhead.  I'll let my brother decide.  Good either way.  good luck.
gotta love that mid week fishing when you get most the spots to yourself!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I went on a Launch once and we caught 1 Steelhead, 1 Pink Salmon, 1 Lake Trout.  Over by DeTour Michigan.  I loved it.  I thought that was so fun catching different kinds of fish.  I smoked them when we got home.  Were great.  I think of that when I hear you talking about your fishing up there RH.  Do you shore fish on Lake Superior or a secret spot on a river?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
gunner must be cleaning his limit of rock bass!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :moon: :moon:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: :tut: :tut: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: Nope, they're too easy to catch, like those LITTLE sunnys you like to catch. ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  :nerd: :nerd: Besides we don't keep 'em, don't like the way they taste & haven't cleaned any in a long time. Plenty of those 12-14" crappies, walleyes, & would even rather keep a couple of those just under 22" nords @ times.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: :tut: :tut: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: Nope, they're too easy to catch, like those LITTLE sunnys you like to catch. ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  :nerd: :nerd: Besides we don't keep 'em, don't like the way they taste & haven't cleaned any in a long time. Plenty of those 12-14" crappies, walleyes, & would even rather keep a couple of those just under 22" nords @ times.
:mooning: :mooning: :mooning: you can give all the crap ya want about little sunfish!!!! :moon: there the best eating fish there is......walleyes and crappies, the best part of them is the flavor of the breading one uses!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning: :mooning:

actually didnt really know sand had rockbass???????

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Only thing I can taste on them sunnys is the skin as there ain't no meat on 'em. :tut: :tut: :mooning: :mooning: Besides, I already told ya I ain't cleanin the messy little things & I ain't buyin no $100 machine that helps me scale 'em. :bonk: ;) :rolleyes: :smiley: Yeah, we got lots of Rock-o's. Why don't you come catch some of them & tell everybody they're sunnys.  :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :doah: :pouty: the pail is only 50 bucks!!!!!! :doah: :pouty: :pouty: one less nite in Inger and its paid for!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

more sunfish fer me!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
When I googled it,that time, somebody wanted $90 for 1

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
When I googled it,that time, somebody wanted $90 for 1
so your a closet sunfish eater!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rolleyes: :scratch: :doah:  :smiley: You don't need to know ANYTHING about what goes on in my closet!! :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Just looked again & FF wanted $80 for theirs, did see 1 for $55 though & NO, I'm not lookin to buy 1. :bonk: :pouty: :crazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rolleyes: :scratch: :doah:  :smiley: You don't need to know ANYTHING about what goes on in my closet!! :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Just looked again & FF wanted $80 for theirs, did see 1 for $55 though & NO, I'm not lookin to buy 1. :bonk: :pouty: :crazy:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so who hit the lake today?  :doofus: :doofus: I sure as hell didn't!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
so who hit the lake today?  :doofus: :doofus: I sure as hell didn't!!!!!!!

I blew up a beaver damn....  :confused:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
i like hotdogs.
78.50"