Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: FISHING REPORT LAKES OAHE/SHARPE PIERRE AREA FOR MAY 4TH 5TH 6TH 2019  (Read 1412 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
The bite is improving daily as water temps warm and run off water diminishes. The water clarity is getting better in many areas so fishing is also better. I guided repeat customers Dave Petrocco and son Dominic of Petrocco Farms from Denver for one day on Sharpe and day two in the Cheyenne river on Oahe. We got limits of eating size walleye and a lot of smallmouth bass on Sharpe on day one then went out on Oahe to target northern Pike as Dominic wanted to catch a big northern. We caught 4 northern in the 10 to 12 lb range and finally got one that was around 18 lbs so Dominic got a big one making the trip complete. We caught the walleye and bass on plug fishing using number 5 flicker shads in 6 fow or less but bouncer minnows /jigs minnows deeper are also working on Sharpe. The fish seem to be scattered so moving around a bit eventually produced limits for them. We also caught 20 or more bass as they are biting. Water temps are around 50 degrees on Sharpe as well as in the back of the Cheyenne however the walleye bite is much slower on Oahe. We caught the northern on smelt pike rigs in shallow water and also caught some smallmouth bass on plugs. I see these two every year and they are among my favorite repeat customers so we all had a great time. I will look forward to the next trip with them. It is raining today and looks like that is forecast for the next few days so spring weather is always a cross your fingers thing for these early trips. There were a lot of boats out over the weekend and that will increase so fishing in some areas can have crowded boat ramps. Lots of cabin fever around after this winter so it is great to be back on the water for many including me.

HUTCH'S GUIDE SERVICE

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch