Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Moose with Calf  (Read 2989 times)

Offline Smokey Hills Bandit

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Wife snapped this last summer in Colorado.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
awsome, wish we had moose round here, used to 20 yrs ago, we would chase em out the woods on almost ever deer drive. not any more. just gone, brain worm stuff i guezse
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yah, that is the down side to having lots of deer around. We used to see them around our hunting land also years ago.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I've heard people here say that you could see 20 or 30 moose just driving from Baudette to Roseau.  No big deal back then.  I'm thinking 30 years ago.  I have seen moose tracks on gravel roads but have not seen an actual moose since I moved here almost 14 years ago.  The UPS guys see them between Waskish and here at times.

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: September 09/26/19, 08:08:39 PM by jlynch3 »

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Beautiful beasts. Had a cow walk under my stand in the Paul Bunyan SF about 10 years ago and thats the only moose ive ever seen in MN.
Would love to see a comeback, but just staying stable would be a great start.

Huum, that may be the only one I ever saw in the PB was about 10 years ago as well. We were scouting over by Waboose.   I have saw a few up on the North shore.  :moose105:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I've heard people here say that you could see 20 or 30 moose just driving from Baudette to Roseau.  No big deal back then.  I'm thinking 30 years ago.  I have seen moose tracks on gravel roads but have not seen an actual moose since I moved here almost 14 years ago.  The UPS guys see them between Waskish and here at times.
When I was little we had 1 come out of the woods & try to cross the road in front of us when we were headed for URL. We had my uncle's '62 Studebaker Lark so it was a long time ago & it was just south of Waskish. That's the only 1 I ever seen, couldn't believe how big a critter it was then. :cool:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
When I was little we had 1 come out of the woods & try to cross the road in front of us when we were headed for URL. We had my uncle's '62 Studebaker Lark so it was a long time ago & it was just south of Waskish. That's the only 1 I ever seen, couldn't believe how big a critter it was then. :cool:
when you where little????? :scratch: :tut: :scratch: :scratch: man that had to be a long, long, long, long time ago!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: :tut: :tut: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :doah: Says the guy who spends most of his time sittin on his good side. :sleazy: :sleazy: :sleazy: :evil: :evil: :rolleyes: ;) :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:tut: :tut: :tut: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :doah: Says the guy who spends most of his time sittin on his good side. :sleazy: :sleazy: :sleazy: :evil: :evil: :rolleyes: ;) :laugh:
:drinking: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

A '62 Studebaker Lark you say? Man you ARE old!  :rotflmao: Wait, mine is a '60 and my Silver Hawk is a '59. Never mind... :doah:

Back in my north central North Dakota days, I'd stayed at a farmer's place near Calvin well after hours. We had to make sure the malting barley met his and my approval. It was possible some of the 6-row barley used to make the brew may have come from area fields. When I got full enough I decided I'd better head for home. I had a Jeep CJ-7 and was bouncing down the gravel road when I spotted something in my headlights coming up out of the ditch. One of Dwight's cattle? It happened so quickly about all I saw in the dark was the long legs, a massive, dark-colored body with a belly starting about the top of the windshield. Luckily it was tough to speed in the Jeep so I didn't hit it. I did however stop to catch my breath and clean the $hit out of my pants. Probably to pee too while I was at it. Finally registered what I'd just seen. That or it was the longest legged damn cow I'd ever witnessed! Several years later, a friend of mine from Cando was flying down Hwy 2 and hit a moose broadside. It came through the windshield of his Blazer and he was lucky to live to tell about it. He spent several months recovering from the numerous injuries.     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I hunt northern Minnesota the same place since the late 60's.  It's public land /   The last time I saw a moose was maybe 12 years ago.  It was a big bull with not so big of a rack.  I heard him coming before I saw him.  I thought it was my brother slowly walking the area which he does alway's [doesn't like sitting in a stand like I do].  Finally saw him and he walked right in the shooting lane we cut.  Looked right at me with steam coming out of his nose.  I put my rifle right at his shoulder and said this is your lucky day knowing there is no season for moose.

Just wanted to do it to see how a moose reacts to movement.  Didn't bother him at all.  He just slowly walked away like I didn't mean a thing.  Love seeing them in the wild.  I have also seen them there in the 70's but haven't seen any since the last one. People are seeing them on the Gunflint Trail.  They say when they park the car or truck the moose come to the vehicle and lick the sides for salt.  good luck.

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: September 09/26/19, 08:08:17 PM by jlynch3 »