Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: NBA  (Read 1206 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
NBA
by the amount of posts regarding pro basketball i take it not many follow the sport.  :scratch: :scratch:

but let me be the first to say it sure tickled my fancy to see jimmy butthurt and the 76'ers get run outta da playoffs!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: especially the way it happened!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I follow it during the playoffs, otherwise not a big fan. Yeah, a couple good games yday. Kind of made my day too  :happy1: when the 76'ers lost as I'm not real big on Embid their center. Everybody raves about how good he is, 1 of the best centers ever :tut: & the guy has yet to play a 1/2 a season since he turned pro. :thumbs: Was pulling for Denver in the other 1 though :sad: as their young big guy, Jokic, is fun to watch. :cool:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The NBA seems to be embracing the new reality where the inmates run the asylum, which is to say the star players decide where they want to play, who they want to play with, and who gets to coach them.  Sports shows love the "drama" because it gives them something to talk about. 

I think there will be more and more stars hopping from team to team on short term deals.  No one will want to sign long term just in case a better opportunity presents itself.  Or if you are signed to a contract, as in the case of Jimmy Butt<bleep>, you just quit on your team and demand a trade.

The NBA don't care who plays where as long as revenues stay high, but the new model is tough on a fan base if you aren't in a glamorous city.  Time will tell.

As for me...  I'd rather watch NHL Playoffs.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
A lot of max $ deals in the league as that's the only way they can keep anybody. Most are $35-$40 mil a year for 4 - 5 years type deals.  :crazy: So how much $ are the owners makin? :bonk: :sad:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon