Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Sweet treats  (Read 6402 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
cheese cake is darn good too.....
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya I am a sucker for that too.  I make a mean Pineapple Upside Down Cake!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ice cream is my downfall.  With chocolate or my favorite topping is caramel/butterscotch.

We still have the Schwan's man deliver once every two weeks. That butter pecan is wicked and the sea salt caramel cashew ain't too shabby either. The vanilla is the most flexible of course, whether you have Hershey's chocolate, maple syrup, rhubarb sauce or better yet, most kinds of pie with it. What a pleasant surprise after making out the Schwan's order to discover I'd made a mistake. I looked in the freezer after the delivery to find the monster sized pail instead of the 1.75 qt. container.  :happy1:

Mentioned pie, one I really like although Mrs. Cheviot is allergic to bananas is banana cream pie. Some of the local cafes still make it from scratch. If I happen to be eating at one of them on the right day and I find out they have it, it's a slam dunk.  Good stuff, Maynard.  :cool: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We used to get Schwanns and yes that Butter Pecan was mandatory for me to get.  Got 2 half gallons every two weeks.  1 of a different flavor with a Butter Pecan.  Maybe I should get back into that habit. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mike I make a cheesecake a couple of times a year.  I just use the store graham cracker  crusts.  I really like blueberries on it.  I only make Pineapple Upside Down Cake when we are going to family things cuz they are a whole big pan full.  I just talked to my Mom and she said I could freeze it too.  Hhmm.  May have to make one and freeze half of it. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Mike I make a cheesecake a couple of times a year.  I just use the store graham cracker  crusts.  I really like blueberries on it.  I only make Pineapple Upside Down Cake when we are going to family things cuz they are a whole big pan full.  I just talked to my Mom and she said I could freeze it too.  Hhmm.  May have to make one and freeze half of it.

that is awesome!!!!!  enjoy!!!!!!!!!!  and love the blueberries too!!   strawberries too!!!!  and the pine apple cake is great too!!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
chocolate covered hotdogs.!!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!