Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: memorial weekend plans  (Read 14857 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
so whats everyone go going for the 3 day weekend??? we know JB is headed to the Effie area to terrorize that area. mikey?????? well where never sure about him!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

me, i'm avoiding the mayhem on the roads and anywhere else. staying put at home, drink some beer, have a few fires in my backyard. do things like put my garden fence up, clean thoroughly my gas grill and put new burners in, finish planting the garden and whatever else i can find. maybe even take momma down to da pub one evening......if she behaves herself!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's a lot Glenn.  We are going to pick up our 7 year old Grandson in Perham tomorrow.  We will have him till Monday when we bring him to Park Rapids to drop him off.  Great kid.  We will ride the wheelers, go for boat rides, pet the horses, make some cookies, fish if it is nice, let him steer the pontoon.  You name it.  Go to the rapids 6 miles from here and hope the sturgeon are coming there again.  Always fun.  Even fun going to the grocery store with him. 

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Loading up the grandkids, wheelers, disk and drag to poke in some seed in the foodplots at deercamp. After that maybe a round of golf one day, cut a load of firewood, bonfire by the barn and some refreshments of the adult kind every evening. Might even sneak in a nap or two.
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
folks are going to here this weekend..  so no traveling for me either..  got a bunch of food today for the weekend!!  LPS I like tater salad a little like you said so we will see!!!!!   I got the beer cold already!!!!   :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
I have 35 buckets of seal coating to do the parking lot at the coffee shop on Sunday so Monday I’ll be couch ridden not being able to move a muscle. Y’all have a safe holiday.
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm working my normal 11 hour shifts on Saturday and Sunday. I'm taking a vacation day on Monday and planning on hunting arrowheads during the day and then frying some fish for us and my mother for supper.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
nuthin.
:scratch: :scratch: hows that different then any other day???????????? :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
its not chrismas
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have 35 buckets of seal coating to do the parking lot at the coffee shop on Sunday so Monday I’ll be couch ridden not being able to move a muscle. Y’all have a safe holiday.

That's a lot of seal coating.  If they are 40 lbs a pail that is 1,400 lbs.  50 lbs and they  weigh 1,750..

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Sounds like to much work coffee, I hope you don't hurt yur back!

I took Friday off to avoid traffic. I'm gonna stick'n around home, but I'm hoping to get the boat out on da river.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We drop the Grandson off in Park Rapids at the south side of town at the wayside rest, Chamber of Commerce, Vets Memorial Park.  Great place and I like to talk to the Veterans there waiting for the Ceremony they have each year.  Touching experience to say the least. 

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Now that I got Monday off the ash holes decided it was going to be a wash out that day.  :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:
At least I aint farmin'.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Shaping up like I'll make a trip to the cemetery on Monday to visit my folk's graves. The cemetery is well kept and one of the most peaceful spots I know of. I usually put a new solar light by the headstone every year. Plenty of mowing and maintenance to do around home too.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for putting the proper perspective on things Dotch.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yes Monday I will be saluting our Vets at the cemetery too, I did forget to say that earlier....  thanks Dotch!!!  you too roony!!!  have a good one fellers!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
My plans are a lotta this...and som mic lights I'm sure. :happy1:Besides these the bro and I released 2 21's and a 22.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 05/23/19, 01:43:13 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Not much planned here this weekend. The highschool has it's graduation on Sunday afternoon so there'll be a lot of parties around town because of that. Usually means that it'll rain most of the weekend though.  :pouty:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Momma wants to do our annual run up the North shore tomorrow. So....maybe I'll get some shore fishing in while she searches for some Superior agates.
Wander around the trails at Gooseberry falls....
Then stop at the smoke shop on the scenic drive for some salmon and smelt.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Gooseberry Falls is a awesome park! :cool: :happy1:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds like a great plan HD.  We still be fishin,  kinda slow this morning kept 2 eaters and let a 25 and a 28 go free, but we'll see how the judges score her.. :coffee: :bow:. The wind has been blowing pretty hard no matter which direction,  think I'll fich off da dock tonight..

« Last Edit: May 05/25/19, 01:40:36 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Right now, we are at the "Buffalo House" for dinner

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
South of Duluth, Proctor

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
If that's the one before you get to Duluth let me know how you like it.  My mom always complains about the food but my brother and the rest like it there.  I have never went there but would take my wife there while on my way next time.  good luck.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Yup, we like it there. Great food 👍
Best patty melt around!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I head to Duluth a fair amount, I need to check that out.  That grub looks good. :happy1:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Gooseberry Falls is a awesome park! :cool: :happy1:

It was packed yesterday! They were parking on 61 and walking in....we drove in, and drove back out. Park rangers said they were to full.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
HD,
did ya stay up there last night or drive home???  if ya stayed where did ya stay???  might be going in August...  thanks!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Nope Mikey, we didn't stay... pretty much everything was booked.