Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 🛶 diy  (Read 5778 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I have a 16' flat back canoe. Momma and me like to take it out when we paddle down the creek to the lake. Problem was, our granddaughter wanted to go with, but the canoe only had 2 seats. So, today I went to Menards to get a DIY fix...... I think it turned out awesome to add a seat to the canoe. I found a aluminum pipe there, and a plastic walkway paver for a seat! Lol! Total cost was $10.37

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice.  I always liked a cushion to kneel on whilst canoeing but the seat program is the way to go now.  LOL

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice job!!  I need a higher seat with back support to get out of the canoe at this point LOL.  But anyway, this will be awesome for your grandaughter will love being with you guy's and sharing the memories.  good luck.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I hope this is not stealing your thread HD.  But a DYI thing.  This is what I have on my wheelers and last lawn mowers to pull things.  The large side sits right under the ball on the hitch.  Then the other hole sticks out to hook the things that use a pin instead of a ball.  Can hook anything up.  This one I just made for my brother.  He got a new mower and needs the hitch thing. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I didn't think you had it in ya HD!! :mooning: :rotflmao:

Seriously nice going!  :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
barry, i buy 3 hitch things. nice job Hd, have fun w8th the grand kiddo!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I hope this is not stealing your thread HD.  But a DYI thing.  This is what I have on my wheelers and last lawn mowers to pull things.  The large side sits right under the ball on the hitch.  Then the other hole sticks out to hook the things that use a pin instead of a ball.  Can hook anything up.  This one I just made for my brother.  He got a new mower and needs the hitch thing.
I made a gizmo like that out of stainless bar stock years ago for my wheeler!!!!! I take the ball off and bolt that in place. bolt is stainless of course!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Nice job HD.  Keep the ideas coming
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Size would be good.  I though it was a picture of a motorcycle chain link on a wire at first?  :confused:   :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
This was the project for Saturday.
A small bench/table for the end of my dock.

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Sweet. Looks nice. Looks like it would make a nice shooting bench too. Where did you get it?
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
those are nice!!

:happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice HD.  Now you have to find time to actually sit on it... 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice HD.  Now you have to find time to actually sit on it...
betting the beaver get more use of it then HD!!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

nice work HD, your union material also!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :happy1: :happy1:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Sweet. Looks nice. Looks like it would make a nice shooting bench too. Where did you get it?

I got the brackets off Amazon. I had some rewards to use up, so they only cost me $26
(I think they were 40 something.)
And I had some leftover treated 2x4 from a deer stand I built.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Nice, keep recycling the products into new ones.  Gotta like it.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: Lots of benches on the end of the docks in our bay. Just 'bout everybody fishes crappies off 'em, when they're bitin.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Welp, this was why I forgot it was Friday...
I added a section at the end of the dock.
Since I'm now an "empty nester" , I did this project on my own....and I can feel it!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Very nice HD.  Good job to for not having any helpers around. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks darn good HD!!!  I'm sure you and the wife will really enjoy sitting there!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Since I'm now an "empty nester" , I did this project on my own....and I can feel it!

They don't call it on Golden pond for nothing! Now your even going to get more sore raising that dock out of the water!  :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman

They don't call it on Golden pond for nothing! Now your even going to get more sore raising that dock out of the water!  :rotflmao:

Raising is pretty easy....you stick a come along hook in the top of the pipe, and the other end on the deck, loosen the deck bolt and jack it up. Then tighten it back down. I leave my dock it all year around, so I ain't gotta worry about taking it out.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I think it's an addiction 😂.... I keep adding more stuff!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Nice! How about the sunken cooler...level with the deck top?  And the rod holders on the bench?   :rotflmao:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Nice! How about the sunken cooler...level with the deck top?  And the rod holders on the bench?   :rotflmao:

Thanks Reb, I was thinking about a handrail to bring grandpa out, and maybe a locker for rods and life jackets.... but, I REALLY like the sunken cooler idea!  :bow:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good!  You could be the first ever to have one!   :smiley:

Be easy; cut hole in deck size of cooler; keeping piece of deck that ya cut out. Build an open frame of 2 x 4's that cooler just fits in. Fasten frame with round head lag bolts under-neath hole, with at least a 1/2"of 2 x4's protuding/framing entire inside of hole, for the top (piece of deck ya cut out) to fit down on flush when the cooler isn't there. I'd then drill 2 holes about 6" part in middle of deck piece, and put a piece of nylon rope (so it'll lay flat) on it for a handle to lift it up when yer gonna drop the cooler down in it....easy peasy!  :smiley:

I bet you you do it.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: July 07/20/19, 03:33:49 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
So...Ya gonna get started on that sunken cooler this weekend?  ;)
« Last Edit: July 07/26/19, 05:19:41 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
So...Ya gonna get started on that sunken cooler this weekend?  ;)

Having a problem designing it.... the 8X8 extension on the end of the dock, has floats mounted underneath it. So, I can't cut a hole through it. I may have to build one on the side  :scratch: