Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Cruise ship deal  (Read 2854 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Here is the video of the cruise ship that rammed the dock and another boat. 

https://youtu.be/H_6GMinBWMY

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
GF's son just got back from that exact cruise!!!  he missed all the fun!!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I would hate to be the captain of that ship.  He'll be getting into a new career path now.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya I have seen that video a few times watching the news.  They said it was a equipment failure.   I don't know about you guy's but I have never had interest on going on any cruise.  My kids went on them and loved them but I'm a on the ground type of guy when it comes to travel and seeing things.

My goal is to go to Alaska and my daughter said that a cruise would be a great way to see Alaska.  People loved that cruise ect.  I said why would I be on a big ship and look at the land rather than be on the land.  Ya you can go on land but it's not the same.  I want to drive all the way there and back if possible.  good luck.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
when I was in the marines we went on a 7 month "cruise" and that's it for me other than fishing here....  no thanks!!!!  so I'm with you RH!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The wife and I have that conversation too.  Fly up and rent a car or go on a cruise.  Neither of us has ever been on a cruise.  I could see a cruise being an easy and relaxing thing but worry about it getting boring. 

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya my buddy went on a cruise and his wife loved it and he didn't except watching the babe's on the beach.  Too many people too.  I go to get away from people.  good luck.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

I told that bas-tard before Not to Dock in my spot!!   :angry2:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Not to mention people getting sick and spreading it,  or worse missing overboard.. not me either. I like your thoughts on driving to Alaska rh, we should actually start a vacation thread but the wife and I went on a 2 week tour from here to the Pacific northwest and down the coast last year ( could have used another 2 weeks) but had a blast.  Cant see that stuff from an airplane seat..

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
The only cruise this guy is taking is one I can hang a rod off the side. And one I can see shore in the distance.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

I told that bas-tard before Not to Dock in my spot!!   :angry2:

Ya exactly.  Reminded me of one of my favorite commercials. The one where the 80's something car burns rubber pushing the car ahead of it out of the fast food window.  LOLOL

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I am with RH. The wife and I would like to take a month and pull the camper up to Alaska. Then we can be on our own schedule. Maybe when we retire.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
My wife and I went to Alaska several years ago. Flew to Seattle, bus to Vancouver, Ship for three days, train up to White Horse, bus to Dawson, plane to some place, Bus to Mt. McKinley, Train to Anchorage, small boat some place and plane home.  This took 14 days and many stops.  It was a great trip.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***