Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Damn Bears (again)  (Read 3233 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I took this yesterday.  I had just gone through there 20 minutes prior and did not see any bear tracks.  I didn't see him but my guess is he was looking for me.  My shoe is for size reference.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Could be a big bear or a you know what?!?  :confused:   :sleazy:
« Last Edit: June 06/08/19, 03:30:42 PM by LPS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
what Boar!???!!!     :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  sorry Boar, Glenn made me say it!!!

deadeye get the bait lined up!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Did you ever hunt the one that was on the trail you were mowing last year? 

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hard to tell.  I did not set up a bait station near where I saw him so who knows.  I do know he was bigger than the 250 pound bear I shot.  This is not the bear I shot.  Could be the one I encountered while mowing.  He dwarfs the 55 gallon drum.  Being I was drawn last year, I probably won't be able to hunt for another 4-5 years. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's a nice bear.  The one may still be curious about you.  He smells you around there so he knows you are there frequently.  Not a good thing or a bad thing.  Just curious. 

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
A few months ago I had a long discussion with a DNR wildlife biologist.  He is familiar with my property and has been there a few times. In short he said I made it too good for all wildlife.  Develop good habitat that leads to increased birds, turkeys grouse and rabbits will bring in coyote, and bears. Enhance the habitat to increase the deer carrying capacity and it will bring bears and wolves.  Only way to rid the area of bears and other predators is to remove all trees and other vegetation which attracts wildlife to the habitat.  Strip the land and plow it under.  Personally I think thinning out the bears would be a much simpler plan. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So you are not going to buy the D-8 Cat then? 

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
That's a nice bear.  The one may still be curious about you.  He smells you around there so he knows you are there frequently.  Not a good thing or a bad thing.  Just curious.
Bear????   :confused:
I thought that was a photo of Lee having a little snack behind the local Burger King!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Bear????   :confused:
I thought that was a photo of Lee having a little snack behind the local Burger King!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
deadeye, ifn ya need some help thin  ing them out, next season i can help with that, if ya want. im high on the preference points for lottery. let me know
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I am in permit area 45.  I don't know how preference points work as you apply for an area.  If drawn, I'm sure you must buy for the area you applied in.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
yup id zelect the area id wish to hunt in, if drawn, i buy the lisence and can only hunt that area, but one can select 99 which just give yu a a preference point.which ive been doing til i want to hunt a lottery aream same with my daughter. next yer if i apply ill have 6 points going in
« Last Edit: June 06/09/19, 09:00:01 PM by Boar »
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yup id zelect the area id wish to hunt in, if drawn, i buy the lisence and can only hunt that area
hey dingleberry, I think what deadeye is asking is if you've been applying for a certain permit area, he's not sure if you maintain your preference points when you decide to switch zones?!

And honestly I don't know, I always apply for the same area.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
oh mr. wiesman, thats why i mentioned area 99. which give me a point without entering the lottery, and yes Mr. Wizeman, 8f that is yur real name, it dose not matter which are youve previously applied in. you can switch area till ur drawn. thank you for playing MR wiseman! you can return to the movie.
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
oh mr. wiesman, thats why i mentioned area 99. which give me a point without entering the lottery, and yes Mr. Wizeman, 8f that is yur real name, it dose not matter which are youve previously applied in. you can switch area till ur drawn. thank you for playing MR wiseman! you can return to the movie.
:mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: